Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2024, 11:04 PM   #21
Platinum Member

The Travatos have wet baths.
Snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 11:50 PM   #22
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by straycatboat@gmail.com View Post
I don't see that from the floorplans for the travato.
If you have different info please provide.
I have not seen one in years, and yes it's a wet bath, but I recall a rolling type door and the shower had a curtain that at least eliminated the toilet getting wet. My 08/09 Chevy PleasureWay Lexor has an isle bath, meaning the shower is in the aisle. The cleanup is still a PIA, but it is about twice the size of most Class B RV bathrooms and also has a nice cabinet. You sit on the toilet facing the aisle and there are two pocket doors that slide out for privacy. I think they changed it in 2010. Using that space really makes sense. No clue why they stopped making it that way. Maybe check it out if you're taller 6' or so. Nice leg room
ChicagoTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 11:54 PM   #23
Platinum Member

This gives you an idea of what the aisle bath is like
Old 04-07-2024, 11:59 PM   #24
Platinum Member

Sorry, tried to attach a quick video
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RV Door Open For Galley.jpg (45.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg RV Pocket door open.jpg (93.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 04-08-2024, 12:02 AM   #25
Platinum Member

Also keeps the back separated for heat or AC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RV Door for AC.jpg (86.2 KB, 1 views)
Old 04-08-2024, 01:15 AM   #26
Silver Member

In the mid 2000 teens, Leisure Travel vans made the Free Spirit SS on the standard length Sprinter chassis. It was notable for a slide-out on the left side of about 53 inches, containing a tri-fold sofa/bed. It also had a full width rear bath with a separate shower on the right side, so a true dry bath. There was also tons of storage, though there were very few windows accordingly. They stopped making class Bs around 2018, I believe.

Winnebago mostly copied the SS with the ERA 170 C, on the extended chassis, also with the trifold sofa, but with less of a quality build and shorter warranty. After a few years, they changed it to the ERA 170 M, with a Murphy Bed instead of the trifold sofa/bed in the slide. It's been discontinued the last few years.

The shower in both Winnebagos is about 36" x 24". The Free Spirit SS shower is around 30" x 24". The Coach House Arriva shower is 26" x 24.5", so definitely smaller. The showers in the Chinook Bayside SS and TB look to be pretty wide, but I could not find any specs. It's the only dry bath on a Ford Transit chassis so far.

Another unique "dry bath" is on the new Roadtrek Pivot. Built on the Promaster chassis, it has a relatively large bath with a toilet and a sink, but has a pivoting wall that covers the toilet and sink and looks like a separate shower, in the same space. It's a similar concept to the bath in the Winnebago Ekko, but looks to be a bit smaller. Again, no specs, and I haven't seen one in person, or any full reviews yet, either. I did see a walk-through video, and it looked kind of tight, but I want to see it in person none-the-less.

That's the full list of dry baths that I could find, as I would love one so equipped as well.
mtmdatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 02:43 AM   #27
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9706 View Post
The Airstream Atlas is a class B that is a little wider than a B Van and it has a slide. It has a true dry bath with seperate shower.
This is a Class C... just like all of the LTV units (Unity or Wonder) that also have separate showers. It is not a B...
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 02:56 AM   #28
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmdatlanta View Post

Another unique "dry bath" is on the new Roadtrek Pivot. Built on the Promaster chassis, it has a relatively large bath with a toilet and a sink, but has a pivoting wall that covers the toilet and sink and looks like a separate shower, in the same space. It's a similar concept to the bath in the Winnebago Ekko, but looks to be a bit smaller. Again, no specs, and I haven't seen one in person, or any full reviews yet, either. I did see a walk-through video, and it looked kind of tight, but I want to see it in person none-the-less.
A young couple at an RV show just put a video on youtube and the Pivot was on it. He was a big guy... over 6' and stocky... not fat, but he could barely move once he got into the shower. As a short, slimmer female, it is likely workable, but claustrophobia just might get me. The idea is good, but needs a bit longer van.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 02:21 PM   #29
Platinum Member

look at ones that have the rear bath.,
This means no folding couch or rear storage,.
Personaly I would not trade/lose the rear storage.,but.....
m
mangomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 11:11 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
I just looked at the Chinook Bayside website. It looks like they have good quality with dovetail drawers and hushmat all around. Does anyone know about Chinook quality?
I was going to buy a bayside twin bed. Brand new but we still had an independent inspection. There were so many things wrong with it we did not buy it.
kml123@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote