Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2022, 05:27 PM   #21
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Lighting is key to good pictures
I don't know why there are so many sellers who don't think about this. The vehicle needs to look clean and bright. Yet I see so many photos of filthy, cluttered interiors, shades drawn, lights off, dark and uninviting. These vehicles are passed over immediately.

Wash and wax the exterior. Clear your personal stuff and any clutter out of the interior. You want it to look like no one else has ever owned it. Turn on all the lights. Open the shades and let the sunlight stream into the van. How the vehicle is presented is an enormously important part of getting it sold. All of this is just common sense.
N147JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 11:42 PM   #22
Platinum Member

We are not DIY's when it comes to handling an expensive item for sale. Yes, most people are honest and have good will, but we know people who had bad (and scary) experiences selling much less expensive vehicles themselves. When we were ready to sell our Roadtrek we left it with a local RV dealer on consignment and eventually it sold and we got a check in the mail that seemed reasonable. In other words, I thought they earned their commission showing the vehicle and making some minor repairs. When we sold our Honda CR-V we just drove it to CarMax and they gave us a check for more than we probably would have received selling it ourselves, but I don't think there is any such service for RV's.
michaelingp is offline   Reply With Quote