Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2020, 10:07 PM   #35
Platinum Member

I did not replace the rear pads, mainly because I want to see how the braking is with Hawks just on the front. Still a good bit of rear pad left, too. My thought is to service the brakes again next year and put Hawks on the back at that time. If not happy with braking (whenever we are able to travel again), will go ahead and get the rear Hawks sooner than next year. The end of May we have a trip of about 200 miles to see how the brakes are doing,

Since my previous post, I did see on-line an explanation regarding one pin with ridges and corresponding flat areas. He said the flat is supposed to face the other pin and has something to do with expansion of the caliper. I did not fully understand it. I did notice that the pin with ridges/flats had v-notches cut out of the pin head, whereas the other pin did not. I will use what I have and see if I notice anything that might be related to that pin.

The old OEM black grease was mostly gone (13 years!!!!). I did not really evaluate how well they slide prior to removing. But they did slide. I hope I did not over grease them, so that grease will ooze out and get on the disc.
Roadtreker357 is offline   Reply With Quote