Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2023, 12:54 PM   #21
Platinum Member

I just found a video of the Roadtrek version and it shows it still has the pin lock and this one shows the same safety latch in the previous post.

The spring is in the uptube, not under the van so there is no cable coming from underneath, it appears, just the pulley you can see in the previous post. I think the early ones may not have had any safety latch as there was a big flap about how safe, or not, it was.

The tube is covered by the tire cover so you don't see the adjuster unless you remove the cover.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 04:22 PM   #22
Platinum Member

I have the original version from the Ezee lift designer with the spring tube underneath. The Roadtrek version looks like a better deal. I can’t make out the cable path from the video that makes it work. I have a separate part to keep it from snapping back when the tire is removed. Seems like Roadtrek could continue to make it.

The cable must be under the safety catch. Nice job.
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 04:47 PM   #23
Platinum Member

The original Ezee lift
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_0926.jpeg (27.0 KB, 37 views)
Old 12-31-2023, 05:18 PM   #24
Platinum Member

This is our sort of like an Ezee-lift that runs off an air cylinder under the van and a switch in the bumper.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lift down.jpg (53.1 KB, 41 views)
Old 01-02-2024, 01:03 PM   #25
Platinum Member

Mobilelife RV in Kitchener is showing the Roadtrek lift assist as available on their website, but I know from past experience some stuff is shown but they don't actually have any. It is listed as for the short Sprinter so the wheel mount would have to be modified for the Chevy wheels, as would be the mounting to hitch receiver.

https://www.mobiliferv.ca/rv-parts/r...h=tire+carrier

Looking at the pic I put on an earlier post, this pic, and the video it looks like there are 3 quite small diameter pulleys. One at the bottom of the vertical tube to turn the cable to the front of the van, one at the bottom of the "tower" and one above that pulley at the top of the "tower" that turns the cable back to a connection on the vertical tube to pull it up from the lowered position.

The listing shows it for 2010 and up Short Sprinter so this is probably what Tarp has on his 210 Simplicity but in a Chevy configuration. IIRC his is a 2011. The cable and pulleys would be hard to see if you weren't looking specifically for them in the right places.
Old 01-02-2024, 07:43 PM   #26
Platinum Member

For the original poster the Roadmaster tire carrier would be a good solution. Amazon seems to have the best price.

https://www.etrailer.com/tv-review-r...rm-195225.aspx
Old 01-02-2024, 07:54 PM   #27
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbn7hj View Post
For the original poster the Roadmaster tire carrier would be a good solution. Amazon seems to have the best price.

https://www.etrailer.com/tv-review-r...rm-195225.aspx

I had looked that one just today and it appears that the wheel mount is made for dualie wheels, unless there is another model. Depending on how high the hitch is, it could be tough for some to reach the top handle as it rotates side to side in stead of front to rear.

I think the cost is similar to the Roadtrek one at Mobilelife RV.
Old 01-03-2024, 05:44 AM   #28
Platinum Member

The original posters objective was to be able to open the left cargo door. Not sure the Roadmaster unit will allow that. The original Roadtrek unit will allow that. Maybe it is available for purchase.