Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2023, 09:07 PM   #21
Platinum Member

2013 diesel sprinter. Nothing but problems with scr system. First major trip and I visited 6 different dealerships for the dreaded 10 starts left. Hard to find repair facilities in the middle of nowhere. 10 years later and I got a check engine light last month again for the def system. Needed new pump and heater this time. This “thing “ was a pleasure to drive but not reliable anytime. Ruined 4 cross country trips through breakdowns. Get gas engine and a ford or chevy that has repair facilities in every town. The upside is that all repairs were covered under warranty and mb has spent more in repairs than I bought the van for.
Hatteras Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 09:10 PM   #22
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatteras Jim View Post
2013 diesel sprinter. Nothing but problems with scr system. First major trip and I visited 6 different dealerships for the dreaded 10 starts left. Hard to find repair facilities in the middle of nowhere. 10 years later and I got a check engine light last month again for the def system. Needed new pump and heater this time. This “thing “ was a pleasure to drive but not reliable anytime. Ruined 4 cross country trips through breakdowns. Get gas engine and a ford or chevy that has repair facilities in every town. The upside is that all repairs were covered under warranty and mb has spent more in repairs than I bought the van for.
Did you get 4 years extra waranty after recall repairs?
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 09:17 PM   #23
Platinum Member

Yes. And I got the 4k lawsuit settlement but it didn’t even come close to the aggravation of interrupted trips. Driving up to 800 miles to find a mb sprinter dealership and the wait time for an appointment. If you are not familiar with the 10 starts left. You have only 10 starts remaining before your van needs towed. All maintenance done by mb dealership which is also expensive.
Hatteras Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 09:31 PM   #24
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatteras Jim View Post
Yes. And I got the 4k lawsuit settlement but it didn’t even come close to the aggravation of interrupted trips. Driving up to 800 miles to find a mb sprinter dealership and the wait time for an appointment. If you are not familiar with the 10 starts left. You have only 10 starts remaining before your van needs towed. All maintenance done by mb dealership which is also expensive.
My 2013 van stopped in Texas with 10 starts to return to Oregon. I can understand if very complex NOx sensors fail, but urea heater or pump is just rush engineering, discrase.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2023, 06:27 PM   #25
Platinum Member

Anything but MB, at least the newer ones. I'm on 2-3 different FaceBook Groups and it's disgusting to read what these poor souls paid for them and how they are waiting weeks and sometimes months to get them fixed. I have a Chevy 3500 Lexor from PleasureWay. Very little maintenance and runs like a top. Unfortunately there are no new Class Bs using that chassis
ChicagoTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 04:09 PM   #26

Great feedback - Thanks all!
Duker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 01:35 AM   #27
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTom View Post
Anything but MB, at least the newer ones. I'm on 2-3 different FaceBook Groups and it's disgusting to read what these poor souls paid for them and how they are waiting weeks and sometimes months to get them fixed. I have a Chevy 3500 Lexor from PleasureWay. Very little maintenance and runs like a top. Unfortunately there are no new Class Bs using that chassis
the 3500 is a bit wider than the others no? Or does it just seem like it. that was the reason for my earlier comment about claustrophobia. however, most likely is just the layout that i was in. im sure the only reason for no more 3500 models is the top..... it is too bad because the chevy based vans look more like conversion vans 😀