Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2016, 06:16 PM   #101
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiennaGuy View Post
If cars weren't such an integral part of California culture and politics, I might agree with you. The California economy is now the sixth largest in the world, surpassing France. There's plenty of money here to buy cars and we buy plenty of them. We wouldn't have our almost 24/7 insane traffic and congestion if car sales were hurting. While most county fairs have pie-baking contests, the San Francisco county fair has a contest to find a parking space. I doubt that anybody who wanted to make it easier to sell more cars here would be listened to. We just have way too many of them already.
I get your point but don't get its practical relevance with respect to this issue. The vehicle sales and revenue that California loses because of their sales tax policy is for vehicles that, other than a brief transit period, would leave the state and not contribute to any intrastate vehicle congestion. Other states provide temporary transit permits for purchased vehicles permanently leaving the state and avoid shooting themselves in the fiscal foot. California has no drive away permit and requires the purchased vehicle to either be driven by the dealer or a common carrier out of state to qualify for tax exemption. The inescapable bottom line is that California most likely loses more revenue than it earns with this policy.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 06:39 PM   #102
Platinum Member

Jim Hammill has said that you can get a Hymer serviced at any Roadtrek dealer but you might want to confirm that with Hymer...
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 04:02 AM   #103
Silver Member

So ... did you do the walk through and get an estimated delivery date to Oregon?
4DMTNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 04:21 PM   #104
Silver Member

It was delivered yesterday ...Super busy at the moment with work stuff. We are suppose to get snow today, so I'll try to write a recap soon.
Navanod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 11:09 PM   #105
Platinum Member

North Potomac: If you have to travel to the Dealer, why not ask them for some in the South - weather will most probably be conducive for quick travel.
Old 12-14-2016, 11:30 PM   #106
Platinum Member

Awesome news you got your van!
Keyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 01:42 AM   #107
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navanod View Post
It was delivered yesterday ...Super busy at the moment with work stuff. We are suppose to get snow today, so I'll try to write a recap soon.
Congrats! We are also in Portland ... hope you got to stay home to work today, and tomorrow!
Old 12-16-2016, 04:43 AM   #108
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DMTNS View Post
Congrats! We are also in Portland ... hope you got to stay home to work today, and tomorrow!
Thanks! I worked All day yesterday. We did get a snow day today though... and I managed to get it to our storage facility to drain all water. The Promaster drives great in the snow.

For the person that asked earlier... All plumping is internal and insulated... Fresh water tank is under the bench seat.

Here are a few pics I took today at our storage facility.

I will write a full review shortly. Mike Thompson RV and Hymer both have agreed to pay us $2000 ($1000 each) for the ordeal we went through. We have yet to received said compensation. Hopefully they stand by their word. Time will tell.
Old 12-16-2016, 11:05 AM   #109
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
::

I will write a full review shortly. Mike Thompson RV and Hymer both have agreed to pay us $2000 ($1000 each) for the ordeal we went through. We have yet to received said compensation. Hopefully they stand by their word. Time will tell.

RT usually have a $1,000 rebate promotion for units purchased after November.
BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 11:06 AM   #110
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Thanks! I worked All day yesterday. We did get a snow day today though... and I managed to get it to our storage facility to drain all water. The Promaster drives great in the snow.

For the person that asked earlier... All plumping is internal and insulated... Fresh water tank is under the bench seat.

Here are a few pics I took today at our storage facility.

::

Nice looking RV.

Can't wait to hear more.
Old 12-16-2016, 12:12 PM   #111
Platinum Member

On the European Grand Canyon version there is the option for a heated grey tank, I don't recall this as an option on the Aktiv. I assume this option is not on yours?
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 05:00 PM   #112
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
On the European Grand Canyon version there is the option for a heated grey tank, I don't recall this as an option on the Aktiv. I assume this option is not on yours?
No that I am aware of.
Old 12-16-2016, 06:31 PM   #113
BBQ
Platinum Member

Default Heated Tank

You can always retro-fit a heating pad to the tanks if you want.
It is a stick-on pad. No special skill is required for installation.
You do need to figure out the power consumption vs power available.

Here's how Winnebago's heated black tank looks like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15230620_10210100839211812_1088193209628907857_n.jpg (72.4 KB, 44 views)
Old 12-28-2016, 11:00 PM   #114
Bronze Member

Any updates on how the van is working out???

Would you do it again, considering the stress and delay in delivery?
Roxy4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 07:06 AM   #115

Navanod and 4DMTNS - Hoping to join you both soon, and thanks for posting your experiences. I also ordered at Pomona, and still waiting for my Aktiv from Mike Thompson's. Was supposed to be delivered Dec 8..... Have (2) Travato 59 G's in a small rental fleet (www.campervanguy.com), and am really excited to add the Hymer. Solar, inverter, hood-gen, cassette toilet, small-size, front wheel drive, 4 seater/sleeper (with shoulder belts!), sun-roof - all things I was looking for in a factory production rig that did not exist in North America till now. Can't wait till they add the pop-top! Just hope that Hymer/Roadtrek lives up to expectations.
I don't get on the Class B Forum much, but glad someone pointed this thread out to me. Have created a new Hymer Aktiv FB Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1164295503666475/
in the spirit of the FB Travato group if any tire-kickers want to join. Hoping it will be a good model-specific resource for owners and wannabees. And after I take delivery, I'll be sure to do a full walk-through and review like I've done for the Travato. https://youtu.be/82iLk4mdlZo
Keep on keeping on, and Safe Travels
CVG
CamperVanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 06:36 AM   #116

Glad to see you received. I also ordered at Pomona with Jim H with delivery through Mike Thompson's - I'm still waiting. I Created the Hymer Aktiv Owners and Wannabees Facebook page and hope you'll join since you are the first owner that I know of.
Best of luck.
CamperVanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 05:08 PM   #117
Platinum Member

Couple Aktiv questions:
- Can they be ordered without the stripe on the side or with no graphics at all?
- I have heard conflicting things so just trying to confirm understanding... is the Aktiv a 4 season coach? If not it sounds like some elements (pipes insulated, etc.?) might be 4 seasoned but not other elements (e.g. grey tank mentioned above is not heated)?
- MSRP and discounts? I thought I had a build sheet or found one online with option pricing but now I cant seem to find it... even though it is new can we expect to get the typical discount of 15%?
Keyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 06:07 PM   #118
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyne View Post
Couple Aktiv questions:
- Can they be ordered without the stripe on the side or with no graphics at all?
- I have heard conflicting things so just trying to confirm understanding... is the Aktiv a 4 season coach? If not it sounds like some elements (pipes insulated, etc.?) might be 4 seasoned but not other elements (e.g. grey tank mentioned above is not heated)?
- MSRP and discounts? I thought I had a build sheet or found one online with option pricing but now I cant seem to find it... even though it is new can we expect to get the typical discount of 15%?
There is no such a thing as "4 seasons coach".

WGO Travato has the heat strip for the black/gray tank. It can tide you over in a pinch, but it is not a 4 season coach.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:13 PM   #119
Silver Member

@Campervanguy - congrats on ordering your Aktiv, if I were on Facebook I would connect there. What color did you choose?

@Keyne - I ordered my Aktiv without the stripe and Aktiv graphics, no charge. They will ship the graphics in a package in the rig should I want to have them put on later.

The rig is not advertised as 4-season, but all water lines except the gray water tank are internal.

Navanod posted a picture of the MSRP sheet w/options for a 2016 chassis/2017 build prices earlier in this thread. There aren't too many "options" on an Aktiv.

Discount pricing, cannot speak to what is currently going on. I got a good deal; some dealerships have offered early-adopter pricing breaks. It was not like the 20+ percent off I could have gotten for a Travato.

Hope this is helpful. The GoHymer site offers an Aktiv brochure PDF that has a list of specifications and options.
Old 01-12-2017, 07:09 PM   #120
Platinum Member

@4DMTNS - Glad to see customers are responding to the HYMER product. If you have not shared already, what was the biggest reason to choose the ACTIV over the other products in the segment?
ClassB4Me is offline   Reply With Quote