Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2020, 05:04 PM   #21
Platinum Member

I made leveling boards (2"x8" wood) for my 2017 Trend, ProMaster cutaway, and store the short pieces in the driver side step area and the longer boards on the passenger side under the middle area.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Short Board Storage.jpg (152.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Long Board Storage.jpg (156.8 KB, 9 views)
mloganusda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 05:29 PM   #22

Default Leveling blocks

We have two sets of legos style and have used them extensively. Having traveled both the east and west of The Mississippi River, we found that camp sites east of the river were not as level. We wouldn’t travel without them.
Neil Worley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 05:38 PM   #23

I have a RT Class B I use blocks at most of camp sites get two sets you will need them from time to time.
karon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 06:20 PM   #24

Default Don't own any yet

We just did two and a half weeks driving around BC, with a mix of provincial campgrounds, private campgrounds, and boondocking. There was only one night where leveling blocks would have come in handy, and we made do.

We might get some in future, but for the moment the space they'd take up is more important for other things.
Andra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 08:16 PM   #25
Bronze Member

We have an extended length Sprinter Sportsmobile with a compressor fridge. We carry one set of the orange Lego leveling blocks, but seldom need them. Early on, I mounted a pair of small stick on graduated bubble levels (available from Walmart, RV stores, etc.) and applied them to the dash when the van was sitting level. At any dirt or gravel campsite, I just jockey the van back and forth and side-to side to find the most level spot available. If I can get within 1-2 bubbles of center, it is close enough. If not, we break out the blocks--we have never needed more than the one set. The advice I regularly see in RV magazines for absorption fridge is that if it is level enough for your comfort, it will be level enough for the fridge. Certainly that is true for a compressor model. One other note, don't put the levels on any airbag cover.
mechmike10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 01:33 AM   #26
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
I understand that Shooting Ranges will purchase old and New absorption refrigerators and Loud onans for target practice vs human stuff.
Not LAX Firing Range.

Bud I wish I had known, 9 years of ownership is a lot of on target shots
Full Timer in a 2005 Roadtrek Versatile 190/Super Modified & Lifted, Two 220ah Lifeline 6 Volt AGMs in Series, 250 watts Solar, Victron BMV712 Meter & Victron MTTP 100V/30A Solar Controller, Magnum MMS1012 Inverter Charger, Onan 2.8 Generator, Novakool R3800 Fridge & more ...
themexicandoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 01:36 AM   #27
Platinum Member

If you are in Los Angeles, let me know & I will give a set to anyone who wants them, first in, first served.

I am having teething troubles with my new DC Fridge BUT WOULD NEVER return to a Dometic or Norcold 3 way.
Full Timer in a 2005 Roadtrek Versatile 190/Super Modified & Lifted, Two 220ah Lifeline 6 Volt AGMs in Series, 250 watts Solar, Victron BMV712 Meter & Victron MTTP 100V/30A Solar Controller, Magnum MMS1012 Inverter Charger, Onan 2.8 Generator, Novakool R3800 Fridge & more ...
themexicandoctor is offline   Reply With Quote