Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2023, 03:11 AM   #1

Default Margin of negociation

Hi,

Interested in purchasing a Roadtrek class B we are wondering what percentage discount (off the dealer's website advertised price – not the MSRP) have you been able to negotiate and if you have any advice?

Thank you!
Philippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 11:58 AM   #2
Platinum Member

New or used?????
jjrbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 03:07 PM   #3
Platinum Member

I assume that you mean new since you mentioned MSRP although you don't want to use it. I would guess anywhere from 15-25% on MSRP.

Depends on the model and the options - how many rigs are on the lot - and your negotiating skills. The high demand models get the lower discounts... and highest price loaded rigs get the higher % discounts. For awhile so many seemed to be looking for the Slumber models. If you manage to find a Pivot new on the lot, you will likely have to pay top dollar. Plus it is end of the season and many dealers want to clear their lots.

Use MSRP for comparison... dealer advertised prices are all over the place and impossible to really compare as far as what discount you might be able to get on it. Not to mention many dealers these days do no negotiation on their advertised prices.

My advice is to shop around on the internet... and call... often your best prices are on the other side of the country.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 05:39 AM   #4
Platinum Member

I would like to second the idea that you should view the discount from MSRP. Even single model has many options, which may raise the MSRP, so you can compare final prices for just that single model with those specified options, or you can compare % discount from MSRP for all variations of that model.

My sense is that the average discount from MSRP depends mostly on the manufacturer and their pricing practices. I do not know the average discount from MSRP for new roadtreks, but i know that for winnebagos and coachman Bs, things have returned to 30% off MSRP - dealers will say lost of things but those are the discounts for the high volume dealers. I believe that Pleasureway prices closer to sales so expect a lower % off MSRP. To get a view on what average MSRP discounts are for roadtreks, you should probably go to roadtrek-specific forums, especially the forum for the model you want, and see if people are passing around pricing info. On the forums i visit, this information is available if sparse.

Good luck.
Snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 02:28 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Winnebago has always given the deepest discounts. They were giving 25-30% when all of the other major Class B's were giving 15-18% (like RT, PW, GWV, LTV). The Covid period of insane demand really messed up the predictability. Add to that the fact that it is not quite clear how the new owners of Roadtrek, Rapido, are setting MSRP prices as related to possible discounts. They have only been producing models since '21... with Covid stirring things up in the B market. Their dealers are likely having the same problem. I noticed during Covid there was a big jump in the MSRP numbers for Class B rigs. That suggest to me that the % discounts should be on the rise as demand becomes clearer.

I have noticed over the years that those few who report their discount on the FB model pages tend to be the ones who managed the highest numbers. And sometimes one has trouble believing them. lol
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 02:31 AM   #6

Thank you all for your insights!
Philippe is offline   Reply With Quote