Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2023, 01:22 AM   #1

Default Pulling Refrigerator to Remove Microwave in 2005 Popular 219

I need to replace the original Panasonic "Toast and Bake" microwave in my 2005 Chevy Popular 210. I've been advised that it is anchored to the top of the refrigerator. If that is true that means pulling the fridge out into the hallway in order to disconnect the old microwave unit and install a replacement. Has anyone done this? I do know that that old Toast and Bake is no longer available (darn!).

How difficult is it to pull the fridge out and what should I know about that process? (My fridge is a Dometic ammonia 3-way unit). If you have a link to a site or information that might help me accomplish this it would be much appreciated? I am not on Facebook.

Also, if you've done this, what did you put in it's place and with what power requirements?

THANKS!
sallyntn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 03:24 AM   #2
Platinum Member

i guess we are at the age where we need to replace microwaves- in my 2006 Pleasure-Way the microwave is on top of an armoire- PW used 4 screws up through the cabinetry into the steel base of the microwave.

The microwave was 700watts and the space available is quite limited...

I bought one which would fit and of 700 watts, $90 Amazon, and mounted same way making a template for the mounting screw location and then moving that around on teh bottom of the new MW until I have all 4 screw locations into good steel.
Drilled pilot holes and it worked out fine.

Comfee CMO-C20M1WB

What's funny is that we almost never use it - we store our plates and dishes inside the microwave.

I know some other owners on my FB group have instead installed MW/Convection/ air fryers- but I didn't have room- if you have room it may allow for some of those options which you could look into.
Pay attention to any venting requirements.

as far as removing the fridge some youtube videos will give a rough idea of what it'll take.

mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 12:35 PM   #3
Platinum Member

You don’t have to pull the fridge to replace the microwave.
peteco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 10:56 PM   #4

Thanks so much!
sallyntn is offline   Reply With Quote