Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2015, 01:15 PM   #241
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammie14 View Post
It looks as if the original post that sent JH over the hill has been deleted. The things that happen while I sleep.......!
Bobby r jones is still there-which one are you talking about
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 01:20 PM   #242
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51 View Post
i actually think they are trying to make sure
Quote:
Bobby r jones is still there-which one are you talking about
The original posts that set JH off. The post by Skunk which I can't see because he has me blocked. BTW, it's great for my blood pressure to not see his posts.
sammie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 02:29 PM   #243
Platinum Member

I have not looked at the Facebook page in along time. What was the main contention that got them so cranked up?

The heat to get this fixed, both batteries and reputation must be getting to them. The owners can can not be happy with any of this, as it is starting to look like a company that is totally out of control, and the owners tout there personal involvement as agood thing on their site. This does not reflect well on them, either.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 02:39 PM   #244
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
I have not looked at the Facebook page in along time. What was the main contention that got them so cranked up?

The heat to get this fixed, both batteries and reputation must be getting to them. The owners can can not be happy with any of this, as it is starting to look like a company that is totally out of control, and the owners tout there personal involvement as agood thing on their site. This does not reflect well on them, either.
i think she is not talking about the battery situation.

there was a post by campskunk awhile back about Winnebago quality in genera that Jim got involved in. I think that's what she;s referring to not the ecotrek posts

I do think you are exagerating though. some ecotrek issues is not a company out of control.

social media always makes things seem to be larger issues than they are-lol
Old 09-27-2015, 03:56 PM   #245
Platinum Member

Quote:
...I do think you are exagerating though. some ecotrek issues is not a company out of control.

Considering the size of the B market and the likelihood that many B buyers do at least a little research before dropping 100-150k. It wouldn't take too much googling for potential buyers to discover Roadtrek is in the throes of a Lithium Battery Crisis and their reaction to it shows a company that probably will not respond in the fashion most customers appreciate after spending what was for most a substantial purchase.
B Eventually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 04:14 PM   #246
Bronze Member

It could be the equity company has no idea of JH's involvement in FB. They need to put a damper on him before he does serious PR damage.
Old 09-27-2015, 04:34 PM   #247
Platinum Member

I do think posters on facebook tend to think the entire world is watching.

in reality hardly anybody is
Old 09-27-2015, 05:34 PM   #248
Platinum Member

I got booted even though Jim H had a nice reply to me. He said I was a good contributor to the group and offered great advice and valid counterpoints. We'll see if I get let back in. Interesting that the lady who told me to shut up is a retired teacher. Must had been interesting in her classroom.

I don't know why some people go off the deep end. Anyway I'm looking for a motorcycle to tow an outhouse
tbirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 06:09 PM   #249
Platinum Member

Quote:
I do think you are exagerating though. some ecotrek issues is not a company out of control.
I think the social media is actually one of the big reasons they are starting to look like they are out of control. You have a pretty major new tech release that is looking to be going very, very, poorly, and the president of the company is in petty Facebook pi$$ing matches instead of putting full effort into fixing (by way of his leadership) the problems and helping the customers.

With good leadership,by now I would think they could have put together a plan that would give the owners a min and max time estimate of when to expect a solution and repair. Perhaps even an option to go to AGM system with rebate, also with a time estimate. Folks like Mumkin and the dealer tech shouldn't have to wait up to days for a call back.

Perhaps Hammil should be returning some of the calls about problems instead of battling on Facebook.
Old 09-27-2015, 06:16 PM   #250
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbirdman View Post
I got booted even though Jim H had a nice reply to me. He said I was a good contributor to the group and offered great advice and valid counterpoints. We'll see if I get let back in. Interesting that the lady who told me to shut up is a retired teacher. Must had been interesting in her classroom.

I don't know why some people go off the deep end. Anyway I'm looking for a motorcycle to tow an outhouse
As they say, I would never join a group that would have me for a member. Hope you get back in if you want to. Did fan girl get booted?

I would say she must have personal experience with said motorcycle accessory to know that it exists!
Old 09-27-2015, 06:37 PM   #251
Site Team

Quote:
I do think posters on facebook tend to think the entire world is watching.

in reality hardly anybody is
I am certainly trying hard not to watch anything on Facebook. You guys are making it difficult, though.
avanti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 06:43 PM   #252
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
I am certainly trying hard not to watch anything on Facebook. You guys are making it difficult, though.
Take a deep breath and count to 10............worked for me
Old 09-27-2015, 06:51 PM   #253
Platinum Member

Yan Seiner just posted this

If roadtrek had actually given out instructions Davo could have already fixed this

Yan Seiner You start charging (plug in or start the engine), but the battery management system is not working because the battery is dead. The pushbutton feeds the BMS directly from the charge source long enough for it to boot up. Once it's running it will realize it has a charge voltage and start charging the battery.
Old 09-27-2015, 07:05 PM   #254
Platinum Member

Quote:
Yan Seiner just posted this

If roadtrek had actually given out instructions Davo could have already fixed this

Yan Seiner You start charging (plug in or start the engine), but the battery management system is not working because the battery is dead. The pushbutton feeds the BMS directly from the charge source long enough for it to boot up. Once it's running it will realize it has a charge voltage and start charging the battery.
I wonder if they had Mumkin do that, and if so why it didn't work.
Old 09-27-2015, 07:08 PM   #255
Platinum Member

Quote:
I wonder if they had Mumkin do that, and if so why it didn't work.
Mumkin only has 1 battery i don't know how her bypass would work.

Dave has 2 and the picture of his shows battery 1 and battery 2-ecotrek 400

it also shows buttons-do not know which to push though

however everything i read says a fully discharged LFP battery is immediatley destroyed. I do not understand theis recovery procedure unless the BMS shut down to save the batteries with some power and refuses to give up any more without a charge current present
Old 09-27-2015, 07:41 PM   #256
Platinum Member

Did they ever figure out how it got dead overnight and with solar besides so it should have been well charged.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:12 PM   #257
Platinum Member

Quote:
Did they ever figure out how it got dead overnight and with solar besides so it should have been well charged.
don't know
Old 09-27-2015, 08:26 PM   #258
Platinum Member

I just a call from an acquaintance who also has seen davydd's posts, saying that Yan Seiner just took a shot at ARV by saying they use off the shelf batteries with no BMS. He said Facebook , but not which site. Davydd is not going to like that.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:33 PM   #259
Bronze Member

Quote:
I just a call from an acquaintance who also has seen davydd's posts, saying that Yan Seiner just took a shot at ARV by saying they use off the shelf batteries with no BMS. He said Facebook , but not which site. Davydd is not going to like that.
Wendland's RT group. Roadtreking. Yan used to be a good guy, now he's taking swipes at competition and right after JH's remarks that he never panned other manufacturers. I have never understood if people realize they're BSing or think other people are dense.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:36 PM   #260
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbirdman View Post

It's definitely a walk the company line. The lady who said I should ride with teh motorcycle types who tow outhouse is still a member.
tbirdman is offline   Reply With Quote