RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-22-2015, 03:44 PM   #201
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,051
Default Re: Roadtrek Zion - Promaster based Class B Motorhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster
The only reason we think the across the back will be available was from a comment at the the Minneapolis RV show by a salesman from Lake Region RV. He said they had 3 Zions on order and they would have the across the back couch. As far as I know, nobody else has heard anything about it, but Gerry would probably be the most likely to know for sure.

On edit, I just found this on the Van City site

http://www.vancityrv.com/blog/2015/0...e-the-country/

They say the rear power sofa is an option.

the option sheet i saw when i ordered my zion had forward facing sofa as an option
__________________

gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 03:48 PM   #202
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 42
Default Re: Roadtrek Zion - Promaster based Class B Motorhome

I wonder what that would look like? Has anyone seen that floor plan?
__________________

bkroczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 03:58 PM   #203
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 42
Default Re: Roadtrek Zion - Promaster based Class B Motorhome

Response from Roadtrek re: rear sofa option: "Yes that is an option going forward. I donít have any photos currently as the first Zions are still in production with this option. It will look virtually the same as the rear areas in our other models however."

The 22" width twins beds in the Zion are not going to work for me...
bkroczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:03 PM   #204
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,051
Default Re: Roadtrek Zion - Promaster based Class B Motorhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkroczak
Response from Roadtrek re: rear sofa option: "Yes that is an option going forward. I donít have any photos currently as the first Zions are still in production with this option. It will look virtually the same as the rear areas in our other models however."

The 22" width twins beds in the Zion are not going to work for me...

where did you get 22 inch width? they are far wider than that-i;ve been on them i wish i was 22 inches
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:05 PM   #205
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 9,298
Default Re: Roadtrek Zion - Promaster based Class B Motorhome

Hopefully, they will do it a little different than some of the other models that have the power sofa supports placed in a way that they block the storage area inconveniently. Some other brands move the supports way out to the edges to give better access. We really disliked how our C190P was with the sofa because of the issue.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:07 PM   #206
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 42
Default Re: Roadtrek Zion - Promaster based Class B Motorhome

I suspect it's exactly the same... That's what she implied anyway...
bkroczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 05:12 PM   #207
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,051
Default Re: Roadtrek Zion - Promaster based Class B Motorhome

being risk averse-as i am-lol

if something happens to the motor of the couch-the side couch is a viable bed-although narrow in the up position=to sleep on. unless the forward facing
couch is down(or nearly down) it is not viable-unless one person only using it .

the zion's dump system also has the backup.

neither of those 2 issues would stop a trip.

BCrozak- based on your posts Travato 59K seems your best bet if 2 of you. if your single the 59G seems like your best bet.
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 05:50 PM   #208
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 42
Default Re: Roadtrek Zion - Promaster based Class B Motorhome

> BCrozak- based on your posts Travato 59K seems your best bet if 2 of you. if your single the 59G seems like your best bet.

Single but I need the twin bed option for a potential travel buddy.

Not sure what to do about the lack of an inverter in the 59K. Maybe I don't really need it?

And I prefer the compressor fridge in the Roadtreks - sigh - it seems no one builds the perfect Class B for me
bkroczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 05:59 PM   #209
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 9,298
Default Re: Roadtrek Zion - Promaster based Class B Motorhome

Have you looked at Sportsmobile? They may not have the spiff factor, but they will build you just what you want (within reason).
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:05 PM   #210
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 42
Default Re: Roadtrek Zion - Promaster based Class B Motorhome

No - I'll have to look into them. I dont' care about the spiff factor but I assumed that custom builds would be much more expensive. Cost is a big issue. Other than my b&m house this will be my second biggest purchase ever!
bkroczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:19 PM   #211
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,051
Default Re: Roadtrek Zion - Promaster based Class B Motorhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkroczak
> BCrozak- based on your posts Travato 59K seems your best bet if 2 of you. if your single the 59G seems like your best bet.

Single but I need the twin bed option for a potential travel buddy.

Not sure what to do about the lack of an inverter in the 59K. Maybe I don't really need it?

And I prefer the compressor fridge in the Roadtreks - sigh - it seems no one builds the perfect Class B for me

the 59K has the compressor fridge-the 59G does not. the lack of a full inverter might not be an issue if the 59k has several 12 volt outlets bedides the dash

the zion has 4 multiplugs 12v/usb/120. the 120 will only work if inverter on but the 12v and usb will work with it off. i plan to only turn on the inverter if i need a high watt device powered(or plugged inbattery charging). otherwise i am buying low amp devices that will work on 12v. i have bought a 12 volt swamp cooler and a 12 volt fan(endless breeze-portable fantasic vent) for my cats. low amp draw devices


AGAIN JUST TO BE CLEAR> THE 59K HAS COMPRESSOR FRIDGE
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:30 PM   #212
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 42
Default Re: Roadtrek Zion - Promaster based Class B Motorhome

That's great news! Thanks Gerry! I missed that fact (about the compressor fridge). Yeay!

Yes, 12 volt appliances should help...
bkroczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:31 PM   #213
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 9,298
Default Re: Roadtrek Zion - Promaster based Class B Motorhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkroczak
No - I'll have to look into them. I dont' care about the spiff factor but I assumed that custom builds would be much more expensive. Cost is a big issue. Other than my b&m house this will be my second biggest purchase ever!
When we were looking in 2006/07 timeframe, a Sportsmobile with all the features of a well optioned 190P Roadtrek was about the same cost as the Roadtrek. When you started eliminating and simplifying things, the Sportsmobile started to have an advantage in price. If you have simple tastes, you might do well with Sportsmobile.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:35 PM   #214
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 42
Default Re: Roadtrek Zion - Promaster based Class B Motorhome

Thanks!!!
bkroczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:36 PM   #215
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,051
Default Re: Roadtrek Zion - Promaster based Class B Motorhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkroczak
That's great news! Thanks Gerry! I missed that fact (about the compressor fridge). Yeay!

Yes, 12 volt appliances should help...

before we jump for joy-i said 12 volt low amp draw devices

most 12 volt appliances don't work really well in comparison to their 120 volt brothers
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:46 PM   #216
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 42
Default Re: Roadtrek Zion - Promaster based Class B Motorhome

Yeah - got it - fans is about it right
bkroczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 07:35 PM   #217
Platinum Member
 
Davydd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 5,119
Default Re: Roadtrek Zion - Promaster based Class B Motorhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkroczak
That's great news! Thanks Gerry! I missed that fact (about the compressor fridge). Yeay!

Yes, 12 volt appliances should help...

before we jump for joy-i said 12 volt low amp draw devices

most 12 volt appliances don't work really well in comparison to their 120 volt brothers
12V vs 120V in absorption refrigerators is true in what you say. I don't think it holds true with compressor refrigerators to assume that. Our NovaKool compressor refrigerator is 100% 12V all the time and it performs much better than our two previous absorption 3-way refrigerators no matter what the mode was be it propane, 12V or 120V. I pretty much gave up on the 12V absorption refrigerator mode. It was worthless.
__________________
Davydd
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Mercedes Benz Sprinter
Previous Class Bs:
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 07:49 PM   #218
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,051
Default Re: Roadtrek Zion - Promaster based Class B Motorhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkroczak
That's great news! Thanks Gerry! I missed that fact (about the compressor fridge). Yeay!

Yes, 12 volt appliances should help...

before we jump for joy-i said 12 volt low amp draw devices

most 12 volt appliances don't work really well in comparison to their 120 volt brothers
12V vs 120V in absorption refrigerators is true in what you say. I don't think it holds true with compressor refrigerators to assume that. Our NovaKool compressor refrigerator is 100% 12V all the time and it performs much better than our two previous absorption 3-way refrigerators no matter what the mode was be it propane, 12V or 120V. I pretty much gave up on the 12V absorption refrigerator mode. It was worthless.
i was not thinking about the efficient 12 volt compressor fridges when i made that statement. i was talking about appliances that you would normally need 120 volt power for(not the fridges). in general their 12 volt counterparts don't work as well because more total power is needed-especially things that create heat for their operation
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 08:21 PM   #219
Site Team
 
avanti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 4,170
Default Re: Roadtrek Zion - Promaster based Class B Motorhome

I think the reason that 12V toasters, coffee makers, microwaves, etc don't work well is that in order to do so they would need ridiculously large power cords, so the manufacturers cheap out and try to work with inadequate current.

+1 on 12V compressor fridges. Our NovaKool is just the best.
__________________
Formerly: 2005 Airstream Interstate (Sprinter 2500 T1N)
Now!: 2014 Great West Vans Legend SE (Sprinter 3500 NCV3 I4)
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 12:45 AM   #220
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,051
Default Re: Roadtrek Zion - Promaster based Class B Motorhome

another zion on a dealer site

to be honest i find this one ugly


http://www.leisuretimerv.com/Home/Hidde ... fault.aspx
__________________

gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×