Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2024, 07:10 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Samsung microwave removal

2006 Roadtrek 210. Samsung microwave is on a shelf. Want to replace microwave. Who would think this would be difficult? There are 4 feet on the microwave and the front two have what looks like 2 screws going into the shelf so yes I look underneath for the bolts or whatever and have no idea what it is. Looks like a small metal guide with a hole in it I can see the screw from the underside in the hole but no way to access it. Almost looks like it has 4 little pointed metal points like a clasp on ring to hold the stone in looks like it just touches the bottom of the shelf it doesn’t turn and no signs of anyone trying to move it. I took pictures not sure if I know how to upload them. Will try. There is no way of getting at the screws from the underside of the microwave it is very secure on that shelf. I have tried lifting the microwave as the back 2 legs are not secured thinking maybe it would left up and come out of the holes in the wood shelf but solid. There is space above the microwave after removing the wood trim to lift it out if it wasn’t so secure. Why in the world would they make this so complicated. Ridiculous.IMG_2386.jpg

IMG_2384.jpg
treker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 01:01 AM   #2
Bronze Member

I am so disappointed no one replied to my post. My son came by today and said yes it was secured from the top down… with much wiggling with this way and that he freed it. I will now try to purchase a similar microwave toast/ bake to replace. I am 74 yrs old (women) had I known that you could really put force on it to lift up I would have and probably succeeded. Didn’t do this as worried I might damage the shelf. I am still quite surprised at the size of this microwave when out of its spot. It’s pretty big. I’m impressed .
Old 03-14-2024, 08:56 PM   #3

This is not the original microwave. The original was an Apollo microwave/convection oven, for what it's worth.
Jerry
bjlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 04:09 PM   #4
Bronze Member

Default Samsung microwave removal

Thank you so much for your reply and yes it is very helpful. I never even imagined it was not the original microwave. I bought my 2006 Roadtrek 210 Versatile in 2011 from my Uncles friend. It was in great shape. In the Roadtrek 210 Chevrolet Models Owner Manual says Dometic CDMWO7W then in the large binder holding all information, instruction on everything regarding the coach says 3 different sizes for different models of coach so maybe because my unit has a lot of extra options in it the microwave was an option (maybe). The date on the microwave is approximately around the date of the coach so for sure it is not what the stock microwave shows.IMG_2414.jpg

IMG_2411.jpg

IMG_2412.jpg