Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2024, 10:56 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default What do you call it?

What is a Class B, Sprinter High Top with A/C and Bathroom only. NO Shower, NO Kitchenette, NO BED,

I've learned it's not a Conversion VAN,

It's not a Camper VAN,

It's Not a luxury VAN

Maybe a Touring Van?

Any Idea's what would be most helpful. Remember Bathroom and sink, But no Shower, No BED, No Kitchenette?
What do you call them? and are they Class B?
Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 10:37 AM   #2
Platinum Member

I don’t think they make it any more, but Winnebago called their model Era M a Luxury Touring Coach.
magicbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 01:57 PM   #3
Platinum Member

I doubt there are enough such vehicles for them to have a name. I wouldn't call it a class B, though - without a bed or kitchen I wouldn't consider it a motorhome.
Old 03-05-2024, 02:29 PM   #4
Platinum Member

It is clearly just a small bus... perhaps a Corporate Bus.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 12:15 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicbus View Post
I don’t think they make it any more, but Winnebago called their model Era M a Luxury Touring Coach.
Thanks for your feedback. However, on the Winnebago "Era M a Luxury Touring Coach" a nice camper VAN But, most Florida condominiums HOA will not permit anything that looks like an RV on the outside, the VAN is much too long on a normal parking space, unless you back into a space, if you can. You also have a height limit, we're currently in search of 144WB Van with only solar, vent pipe, which would all be less in height than the Roof mounted A/C.

We are currently driving a motorhome by coachmen.
Old 03-10-2024, 12:40 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
I doubt there are enough such vehicles for them to have a name. I wouldn't call it a class B, though - without a bed or kitchen I wouldn't consider it a motorhome.

As this kind of answers both Gryphon and mumkin As you make a good point's for me to ponder; I was looking into Midwest Automotive Designs at the LUXE Cruiser, which has a 144-wheel base. But surely there are others that fit the bill, other than running to someone for a special conversation VAN. (Which may be the first one ever built, this I'm trying to avoid.) I don't care about the bathroom in the rear of the coach. A second row of chairs is not needed, well maybe one chair that would be removeable.

Also because of what you said "without a bed or kitchen I wouldn't consider it a motorhome." got me to looking off the normal RV websites to find this LUXE Crusiser" which may just be what were in search of thanks.

Maybe they should call it the "TRAVELER" ...........Thanks good feedback.
Old 03-10-2024, 01:47 PM   #7
Platinum Member

I don't think any of us will ever be able to define what vans of any construction will be called accurately enough to know which ones to look at to match our needs by name or alleged "type".

Stealth, touring, daytrip, adventure, etc, etc, etc, have cropped up lately and the age old B+ designation for class Cs has been around for a long time.

To us, they are all just van campers until proven otherwise and don't really need to be called anything else for us to like them for our use patterns or not care for them for whatever reason.

I do think that a lot of the classification type names from manufacturers, and the public's need to have the latest and greatest trendy thing, is driving a lot of this expansion of terms. It happens that way in lots of products and recreation styles, and always has IMO.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 04:34 PM   #8

Adventure Van seems to cover all bases.
Moto vita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 05:19 PM   #9
Gold Member

Porta-Potty
Old 03-11-2024, 01:45 AM   #10
Bronze Member

Grech calls it an Office Van.

http://grechrv.com/grech-motors-lusso/

Old 03-11-2024, 02:45 PM   #11
Platinum Member

hi
yry these guy ,looks nice BUT $$$$$$$
https://www.freedomvango.com/services/bathroom-vans/
Good luck
m
mangomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 06:08 PM   #12
Platinum Member

I do want to thank the members above who helped me and opened up more questions. To address the Question of an RV, I found a video attached below on EDIT TAPE LINE 11:44 mins into the video. The RVIA, says an RV has a Bed, Bath, and cooking area. As for Class B that falls into grouping as to size and weight. Which is only helpful to me as to vehicle size. I do have to say again thank you to all members who pointed me towards a Luxury Van, or executive Van.

Now, check out a smaller class van that will fit our needs when traveling. Understand some condominiums HOA, won't permit RV-type vehicles. Maybe, there should be a van with a bit more culvert in its outer appearance to avoid conflicts. Removing the awnings, and roof racks, but I'm no expert. I think the focus is Class A and C van, but I do not know. But a Class B one would think would be Okay, But an RV is an RV. Some folks travel with adult children and some with wheelchair needs.

We're too old for weekly RV parks as we once did with the kids. Shorter wheel Base to 144 WB, Front Seats, and a Sofa Bed, Microwave, and Refrigerator, which I understand, now address the question of what's an RV. We noted during our last few trips and one to Utah. That was five days on the road. With bad jump legs and age, it's beginning to show up, on both of us. Hotel or RV Park comes to the question, eat before or after camp? The hotel is simpler, but I have to watch the roof, and the length of the VAN is 170 WB. We do enjoy camping, just not so much. The 144 WB and amenities are all looking better. The van worked out wonderfully when the wife was in the Hospital for a few days, condos are closer. Kids still live 2,000-plus miles away.

Van YouTube review by Neil Balthas, on Luxe Luxury Touring Van 144WB, his video attached. note timeline 11:44

Old 03-22-2024, 06:26 PM   #13
Platinum Member

Quote:
I did check the ERA 70M VAN but only found it on YouTube, old video as you suggested, however lots of issues for us.

We are only looking at 144WB, VAN with a dry shower and NOT in the rear of the VAN with cooking food, and clothing.
Old 03-22-2024, 06:29 PM   #14
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbourn3704 View Post
Porta-Potty
HA HA But where would you put the wheelchair, clothing, and food, HA HA
Old 03-22-2024, 06:50 PM   #15
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
I don't think any of us will ever be able to define what vans of any construction will be called accurately enough to know which ones to look at to match our needs by name or alleged "type".

ANSWER: =You make a good point, however I did see that RVIA, defines a campervan, and a shower in not necessary nor is a FULL Kitchenette, Stove, sink, and refrigerator fixes that.

Stealth, touring, daytrip, adventure, etc, etc, etc, have cropped up lately and the age old B+ designation for class Cs has been around for a long time.

ANSWER: =Yes for stealth that has to do with what others see on the outside of the VAN which is not needed and nothing on the outside should be required to id a campervan or to be a campervan. The idea is to be a plain raper hard for anyone to identify as a Campervan.

To us, they are all just van campers until proven otherwise and don't really need to be called anything else for us to like them for our use patterns or not care for them for whatever reason.

ANSWER: =YES, I do understand and agree, however this part comes in when asking about VANS with some selections inside the VAN, that one would have in a camper VAN. Were looking for a VAN made by a manufacturer and NOT someone doing conversations. (its okay if that is for you) were like a more stealthy approach to outdoor traveling in a VAN.

I do think that a lot of the classification type names from manufacturers, and the public's need to have the latest and greatest trendy thing, is driving a lot of this expansion of terms. It happens that way in lots of products and recreation styles, and always has IMO.

Please review the questions and answers above for clarity of conversations.
Old 03-22-2024, 07:46 PM   #16
Platinum Member

Let me further state that I can see a Market after COVID-19 and the mass numbers of people who travel during and after summers have ended. Then there are folks like myself who visit the grandchildren 2000 plus miles away. Air travel has become a major problem for older folks like us.

I'm in the market for a VAN with a short wheelbase 144WB, with a Dry Bath not in the rear of the van, and a high-top. Not a full kitchenette but something more like a Microwave, Refrigerator for medications, and No extra Seating chairs, so if I had to add a wheelchair I could as an option. Solar YES, Seats that could make into a bed. NO WAY should Clothing, Food, or Refrigerator be located together or in part in the bathroom. Two front fully swilling chairs.

Now, in reading the RVID, what is a campervan? Sadly, no one is building this van, unless you go to an upfitter, who does a conversation.

Funny, as I so clearly recall talking with a larger RV Dealer about Class B. Today the lots are full of them and that may have a bit to do with the price tags being closer to Class A, than some Class C's. One would think this type of van would bring more folks into the dealer's lot, but what do I know I'm not an Upfitter or dealer. Just a Traveler in search of a simpler van model. Maybe when you're 70 plus you will understand the need for a bathroom nearby.

Sorry have to run as more snowbirds driving into the condo. Hope they don't have a campervan, or house rules for some condo owners. Just an idea for something smaller.
Old 03-23-2024, 12:06 PM   #17
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogman View Post
I did check the ERA 70M VAN but only found it on YouTube, old video as you suggested, however lots of issues for us.

We are only looking at 144WB, VAN with a dry shower and NOT in the rear of the VAN with cooking food, and clothing.
Yeah sorry about that. I thought it was the M. When we bought in 2018 they had a 7 captain chair, dry rear bath model. I asked the salesman who the heck would buy that. He said they call it the grandparent van. People buy it so their grand kids are allowed to go places with them.
Old 03-23-2024, 04:54 PM   #18
Platinum Member

Quote:
Yeah sorry about that. I thought it was the M. When we bought in 2018 they had a 7 captain chair, dry rear bath model. I asked the salesman who the heck would buy that. He said they call it the grandparent van. People buy it so their grand kids are allowed to go places with them.

I see your POST on the ERA M, which tells me, you may not have read my above post. SHORTER WHEELBASE 144WB. and nothing about the VAN is Stealth. Understand many Condominiums do not permit Campervans. Which has no room for an added wheelchair. As for my saying NO BED, the sofa-bed is made into a bed if needed and a shower only on the outside if needed at all..

Trust me, flying or driving is not easy for some who age. Some must travel for medical reasons. Relocate for changing seasons in weather, and a larger dry bath works, A microwave, and a refrigerator for medications as some require cooling temperatures. Still, it's classified as an RV by RVIA. As for camping with the grandchildren, one could as the sofa bed sits four passengers, but no not us, we just need to get back and forth. The Dry Bath should be behind the driver, so you have room to pack equipment and baggage in the rear.
Old 03-23-2024, 07:11 PM   #19
Platinum Member

I guess reading comprehension is an issue. I admitted the ERA M nomenclature was my bad. In 2018 Winnebago DID make a coach that met the criteria in YOUR ORIGINAL POST except for the no shower although it had a dry bath. Now you don’t want rooftop AC so you can be stealthy and you now want a shorter wheelbase and now the bath must be behind the driver’s seat and you want a fridge. Hope that all works out for you.
Old 03-24-2024, 01:07 PM   #20
Platinum Member

magicbus

YES, you are correct, I should have spent more time thinking about the VAN. I did not do "SORRY" Before writing about a VAN, which is not yet or may ever be in service. I seemingly thought something was already out there. Then someone suggested. The Daycruiser 144 Sprinter RV Camper Van comes close to our search and needs in a campervan. As for A/C, no got to have A/C.

Again,, sorry for the back and forth. I should have taken more time to think it through. Forgive my oversight.

Tags
conversion van, office van, touring van