Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2018, 10:54 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default What would it co$t ???

I'm looking at a 2015 190P with lots of extras... I'm wondering if anyone can give me an estimate of how much it would cost to add these items to an RT that didn't have them.

1. 3000 watt inverter
2. 225 watts of solar w/ RT MPPT controller
3. 4 AGM batteries 4800 watts
4. Alde 3010 heating system
5. Norcold Fridge

Just trying to figure out how much to offer...
bwolfsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 11:12 PM   #2
Platinum Member

That can get to be a really tough question, especially if the components on the one you are looking at are the Roadtrek supplied ones. Roadtrek uses inverters, solar controllers, controls, etc that are pretty low on the quality and cost scale, so few of folks adding similar but better parts would spend a lot more money doing that. An Outback or Magnum 3000 watt inverter/charger might cost 3-4 times what the Roadtrek one does, for instance. The batteries may or may not be well done, but it is likely they didn't take much care in cable length matching and such like would be done in a careful install. The batteries are likely not high end.

The Alde and Norcold would be the same units either way, with only the quality of the installation being different.

If you took the cost of what the options were from Roadtrek and maybe added 25%, you could probably have a better quality van by quite a bit. If you did the work yourself, you could do it for less than the Roadtrek pricing, I think, but it would be a lot of work, especially adding the extra two batteries if the mounts aren't already there.

For an offer, you may want to look at comparables and what they are selling for. Ebay does show a sold list for products so there might be something there. The loaded up Chevies have been very overpriced from Roadtrek for quite a while, so hard to go by original suggested retail.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 12:07 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwolfsohn View Post
I'm looking at a 2015 190P with lots of extras... I'm wondering if anyone can give me an estimate of how much it would cost to add these items to an RT that didn't have them.

1. 3000 watt inverter Probably $400.
2. 225 watts of solar w/ RT MPPT controller Could range from$1K to $2K.
3. 4 AGM batteries 4800 watts $1000+ (Battery compartment will not accommodate more) I don't think it's safe to put AGM's inside - despite they're being "sealed".
4. Alde 3010 heating system Don't know if it's possible.
5. Norcold Fridge The RT already has a modern compressor frige. No need to change it out.

Just trying to figure out how much to offer...
These guestimates are parts + labor to install. Do not rely on the accuracy of my estimates. Rather they are to show how fast the dollars can add up, often for incremental improvements.

My suggestion is start by using whatever rig you purchase with the capabilities it comes with. If your batteries are working properly, you may find you don't need solar and extra batteries. We got by fine with two flooded lead-acid batteries when we dry camped 9 nights this past May. We hit camp at about 6pm and used lights & DVD/TV several hours, Maxxfan or furnace all night, and with a compressor fridge we never woke up to less than 70-75% battery capacity.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 12:19 AM   #4
Platinum Member

RowieBowie,

thanks for the guestimates...

i'm not looking to put them in a unit i'm buying, they are already in the unit i'm looking at; all original rt + the heater and fridge.

i'm just trying to get a handle on what i should offer.
Old 08-11-2018, 02:50 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
RowieBowie,

thanks for the guestimates...

i'm not looking to put them in a unit i'm buying, they are already in the unit i'm looking at; all original rt + the heater and fridge.

i'm just trying to get a handle on what i should offer.
The compressor fridge is standard on the RT (not on the 190P).

Another consideration between the two is the RT is on the 2500 chassis (less cargo capacity) and has the 4.8L v-8. The generator and even propane is not standard to make sure is has what you want. The 190P is based on the 3500 chassis and the 6.0L engine which is very powerful. The 4.8L might be adequate for the RT, but my 6.0L motor is a beast and gets 15 mpg. The 190P has many more standard features and carry capacity, but normally has the old-style propane fridge.

The Roadtrek 190P with the compressor fridge standard would be more appealing to me.

Good luck, and let us know how things turn out.
Old 08-11-2018, 01:04 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post

Another consideration between the two is the RT is on the 2500 chassis (less cargo capacity) and has the 4.8L v-8. The generator and even propane is not standard to make sure is has what you want. The 190P is based on the 3500 chassis and the 6.0L engine which is very powerful. The 4.8L might be adequate for the RT, but my 6.0L motor is a beast and gets 15 mpg. The 190P has many more standard features and carry capacity, but normally has the old-style propane fridge.

The Roadtrek 190P with the compressor fridge standard would be more appealing to me.

A bit confused about what you are talking about. It appears you are referring a Simplicity RT on a Chevy chassis from 2015, but the OP is talking about a 190P, and I assume when he says RT, he is talking about generic term for Roadtrek.

I think the OP will find that the extra stuff will increase the value and sale price, but not nearly as much as they were listed in the original MSRP or how much they would cost to put in afterward, I think. Used class b prices are crazy high for the most part and by the time they are 3+ years old, condition and mileage are big variables.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 01:23 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
A bit confused about what you are talking about. It appears you are referring a Simplicity RT on a Chevy chassis from 2015, but the OP is talking about a 190P, and I assume when he says RT, he is talking about generic term for Roadtrek.

I think the OP will find that the extra stuff will increase the value and sale price, but not nearly as much as they were listed in the original MSRP or how much they would cost to put in afterward, I think. Used class b prices are crazy high for the most part and by the time they are 3+ years old, condition and mileage are big variables.
Booster,
Yes, i'm talking about a roadtrek 190 popular.
a 2015 on a 2014 chassis.
Old 08-11-2018, 07:25 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post

Quote:
Booster,
Yes, i'm talking about a roadtrek 190 popular.
a 2015 on a 2014 chassis.

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood. When he was using 190P to mean a specific model of Roadtrek, I assumed he was using RT to mean another specific model he was comparing it to. In '2015, Roadtrek made a Ranger RT on the 2500 chassis with a compressor fridge but less standard equipment.

Here is the Roadtrek Ranger RT model I mistakenly thought was being referred to:

Sorry for the confusion. Hope this clears things up.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:09 PM   #9
Platinum Member

The Roadtrek web site under “build your own” lists the 2 extra batteries at $880 and 200w solar at $2700 for the current 190P. It also says that a 12v/120v compressor fridge is standard.

Maybe this can be a starting point for estimating the value on the used one you are looking at.
Knit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 03:10 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Thanks to all... I looks like the dealer values the unit much higher than i do (mileage being my major concern; 75,000 miles on a 2015.)
Old 08-15-2018, 05:02 AM   #11
Platinum Member

my guess is a fair price would be $40-50k (the dealer probably gave $35k for it), but I'm sure he's asking $60-70k. Make a ridiculous offer of 30% less than he's asking.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 01:19 PM   #12
Platinum Member

even a reasonable offer didn't get it done.... mileage too high for what they're asking.. (75,ooo miles on a 2015)
beautiful unit,.. it's just the mileage..
Old 08-16-2018, 04:13 PM   #13
Platinum Member

Out of curiosity, what was the Dealer asking? i have a '15 210 with the 4 AGM,s, none of the heating, solar, etc. Ron
Old 08-16-2018, 04:39 PM   #14
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron J. Moore View Post
Out of curiosity, what was the Dealer asking? i have a '15 210 with the 4 AGM,s, none of the heating, solar, etc. Ron
Ron,
they were asking just under $73k with 75,000+ miles.

you're not selling yours are you ??
Old 08-16-2018, 04:55 PM   #15
Platinum Member

No thanks. This is my second RT. Ron