Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2017, 04:18 PM   #541
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxy4x4 View Post
Well she wants to go with two more 80 watters. So she is going to order two more Zamp 80’s and have them shipped to Sumas, WA. It may be a while though before she is able to pick them up etc.

Looking at the ‘expansion panel’ she added, it has a different frame than the stock Winnebago solar panel / frame. (Apparently, WBO has the original black panels / old style frame that a person can order should that be of interest).

What I noticed and what may make sense more than running an aluminum angle under each side of the 80 watters, is simply using the new feet that these Zamp panels come with. They would attach to the end of the panels and could easily be attached to the roof rack. The ‘new feet’ actually would elevate the panels a couple of inches, so would reduce shading from the air conditioning unit.

Tell me if I am wrong here... just thinking out loud... If the two 80 watt panels are wired together in a parallel run to the third port of the combiner box, if shading happens on either of the two 80 watt panels, it wouldn’t affect the other 100 watt panels (if they are in full sun).
Just added an 80 W Zamp to my 2018 TK. Used the new brackets. Attached pictures. Important to note that the brackets can mount either way. On the outside, I turned them in to gain more room over the outside rail and not crowd the A/C. Also, the new Winnebago rails take a 5/16 carriage bolt. You will need a large washer to go over the threaded portion to take up the space that the shoulder on the carriage bolt makes so you can tighten the nut. I bought stainless. The Aluminum brackets that Zamp sells (you need the 60-160 ones) have 1/4 inch holes. I drilled out the center one so that they would fit the 5/16 bolts I installed. They only way I found to install the bolts was to remove the rails and remove the red end cap. I included extra bolts for the future since I didn't want to have to dismantle the rail in the future to add bolts. My method will allow me to put another panel on the other side of the A/C even with the awning there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5487.jpg (152.1 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5488.jpg (270.1 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5490.jpg (230.0 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5491.jpg (143.5 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5492.jpg (278.9 KB, 42 views)
techfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 05:26 PM   #542
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfan View Post
Just added an 80 W Zamp to my 2018 TK....My method will allow me to put another panel on the other side of the A/C even with the awning there.
Your pictures clearly demonstrate your good idea on how to affix these tricky side panels. Thanks!
Saldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 02:37 AM   #543
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfan View Post
Just added an 80 W Zamp to my 2018 TK. Used the new brackets. Attached pictures. Important to note that the brackets can mount either way. On the outside, I turned them in to gain more room over the outside rail and not crowd the A/C. Also, the new Winnebago rails take a 5/16 carriage bolt. You will need a large washer to go over the threaded portion to take up the space that the shoulder on the carriage bolt makes so you can tighten the nut. I bought stainless. The Aluminum brackets that Zamp sells (you need the 60-160 ones) have 1/4 inch holes. I drilled out the center one so that they would fit the 5/16 bolts I installed. They only way I found to install the bolts was to remove the rails and remove the red end cap. I included extra bolts for the future since I didn't want to have to dismantle the rail in the future to add bolts. My method will allow me to put another panel on the other side of the A/C even with the awning there.
Out of interest, how far ahead of the 80 watt panel is the Jensen aerial? I have heard of some people just flexing the aerial underneath the panel, but would be interested to know if you were able to clear it and by how much. Thanks.
Roxy4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 03:26 AM   #544
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxy4x4 View Post
Out of interest, how far ahead of the 80 watt panel is the Jensen aerial? I have heard of some people just flexing the aerial underneath the panel, but would be interested to know if you were able to clear it and by how much. Thanks.
I haven't put a panel on that side yet. My measurements indicate it will touch and bend it some. Because the brackets hold the panel up about an inch plus, it will touch on a very flexible part and shouldn't be a problem.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:24 PM   #545
Gold Member

Default Cab window wind deflectors...

So why when I check with several RAM dealers do they tell me there are no 2017 RAM Promaster 3500 cab window wind deflectors listed? When I go to a RAM online site they also show as not fitting the 2017. However, Eurocampers.com apparently sell them but I am a little concerned they may not fit as advertised.

Are the 2015-2017 Promaster 3500 cabs not identical? And has anyone installed window (stick on not the in channel ones) wind deflectors on their 2017 and had any concerns with fitment? Thanks.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:33 PM   #546
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheral View Post
So why when I check with several RAM dealers do they tell me there are no 2017 RAM Promaster 3500 cab window wind deflectors listed? When I go to a RAM online site they also show as not fitting the 2017. However, Eurovans.com apparently sell them but I am a little concerned they may not fit as advertised.

Are the 2015-2017 Promaster 3500 cabs not identical? And has anyone installed window (stick on not the in channel ones) wind deflectors on their 2017 and had any concerns with fitment? Thanks.
Links?

Old 10-23-2017, 08:17 PM   #547
Silver Member

Hi sheral, I don't know if they have the exact type you are looking for, but WeatherTech lists the same part number for the 2015-2018 Promaster. I hope this helps, good luck.

I checked again, they were the in window channel type, sorry.
fruch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 09:48 PM   #548
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheral View Post
So why when I check with several RAM dealers do they tell me there are no 2017 RAM Promaster 3500 cab window wind deflectors listed? When I go to a RAM online site they also show as not fitting the 2017. However, Eurovans.com apparently sell them but I am a little concerned they may not fit as advertised.

Ordered mine from Eurocampers. Fit beautifully. I got the MOPAR ones that use VHB tape plus two clips. Very nice. Can add a picture if you want to see them on. We have a 2018 Travato on a 2017 chassis.
Old 10-31-2017, 03:15 PM   #549
Silver Member

Default Travato Bicycle rack Questions

Does anyone have any idea if the four mounting points that the new Winnebago Bicycle Rack attaches to on the back door would interfere with the installation and use of the old style Fiamma Bicycle Rack?

Has anyone modified the New Winnebago Bicycle Rack so that it could carry bicycles in a higher position so one could also use it and a receiver mounted cargo box at the same time?

Thanks.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:09 AM   #550
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ View Post
He is clueless.
But don't blame him, most of the RV salespeople are clueless.

Travato does not come with an inverter.

Before you jump head first into upgrading, upgrading and upgrading,
try to enjoy your RV "as is" first.
Many many many many people have success enjoying the OEM equipment without jumping into the mirage new-tech. Don't be a marketing man's dream.

The FitRV is an experiment. It is an advertising machine. It is not reality.

ps. many newbies falsely believe that an inverter is a must have for comfortable RVing.

Actually, RVing is a new lifestyle. You need to rethink your daily routines -- how to make do with less, and how to make do with what is readily available. Spending money on all the new tech is not the answer, because new tech inevitably brings new problems.

Just my 2c.
I actually have been RVing since birth LOL. Everyone in my Family has owned at least class B and most have Class A. I have owned Class C Freedom Elite since 2011. I have loved the idea of not being dependent on Propane or engine fuel to keep in-house batteries charged and appliances running. I love the idea of living off the grid when ever I chose. Love the idea of the latest in technology for smart security, Smart Electricity, and above all Automated cars/RVs. I cannot wait for the Driverless RV. It is coming sooner than we think.

Thanks for your input and putting up w/ my ignorant questions.
Cryptofit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 01:48 PM   #551
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptofit View Post
I actually have been RVing since birth LOL. Everyone in my Family has owned at least class B and most have Class A. I have owned Class C Freedom Elite since 2011. I have loved the idea of not being dependent on Propane or engine fuel to keep in-house batteries charged and appliances running. I love the idea of living off the grid when ever I chose. Love the idea of the latest in technology for smart security, Smart Electricity, and above all Automated cars/RVs. I cannot wait for the Driverless RV. It is coming sooner than we think.

Thanks for your input and putting up w/ my ignorant questions.

No question is an ignorant question.

We are happy that you initiated a discussion.

Old 12-08-2017, 03:31 AM   #552

Default Dealer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric1514 View Post
The only options were the side and rear screen doors, about $350.

The one I bought had a $1200 paint job, roof, bike and kayak racks for $3000 and screens for $350 and I paid $66,998 out the door. Cost me $300 in plane fare and a couple hundred in gas to get it home.
Would you please share the NM dealer where you purchased the RV? I'm always up for a plane ride away Thanks
Miruca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 12:36 AM   #553
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miruca View Post
Would you please share the NM dealer where you purchased the RV? I'm always up for a plane ride away Thanks
La Mesa RV in Albuquerque.

"Il Travato Rosso"
2015 Travato 59g
eric1514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 04:40 PM   #554
Silver Member

Default New Interior Colors for 2019?

Interesting, I noticed that my local dealer has listed some 2019 Travatos that he has on order with new interior color schemes like: Bleu/Indigo/Noce, and, Mecca/Taupe/Macchiato HG. No changes listed for exterior colors. Is anyone aware of any other changes for the 2019 Travato?
Old 12-13-2017, 05:28 PM   #555
Platinum Member

I don't think WGO might announce much with the 2019 Travatos other than the usual price jump. I can see a number of small tweaks being done, but the Travato seems to be very well thought out and a stable design as of now.
mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 05:54 AM   #556

I am hoping for 2019 changes that would address the 59K seatbelt issue -ie it needs more! And, it would also be great if they redesigned the one bed to convert to a small bistro ... as one of the FB 59K owners did. Perhaps I am dreaming ...
Miruca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 05:00 PM   #557
Platinum Member

10jan18 -
I find no reference online to 2019 Travato's. It would seem unusual to have changed to 2019 at the beginning of calendar 2018. Fiscal years start and end in different months for some corporations but it still seems too early for anything to be a 2019, even for a Pre-Order. Recent 2017.5 and 2018 coaches (exact same coaches) on 2017 and 2018 RAM ProMaster chassis is all that I can find. Would be cool if you can dredge up an online link.

Gene
Storysrvwego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:07 PM   #558
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
I am hoping for 2019 changes that would address the 59K seatbelt issue -ie it needs more! And, it would also be great if they redesigned the one bed to convert to a small bistro ... as one of the FB 59K owners did. Perhaps I am dreaming ...
I doubt WGO would bother with more seatbelts.
It is a 2-person coach.
They are selling like hotcakes.
Spending money on seatbelt R&D and re-engineering will not yield additional revenue. How do you justify the investment to the accounting department?
Old 01-12-2018, 11:25 AM   #559
Platinum Member

Quote:
I think you ARE dreaming. In addition to the reasons BBQ mentioned, The Truma Heater/Hot water system is what caused the need to change from shoulder belts to lap belts. The bracket to hold the seat belts no longer fits in the seat compartment. Being that the Truma is one of the highlights of the Travato, it's not going anywhere.

The way I figure it, the Travato seat belts are better than the seat belts they use every single day on the school bus...
Scottbaldassari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:00 AM   #560

Hey folks, not sure if this is common knowledge already, but, we were at the RV show in Atlantic City, NJ last weekend and the dealer (Colonial RV) representing the Winnebago Class B's were all excited to tell anyone that would listen the Winnebago rep was there that afternoon and indicated there WILL BE two lap belts added to the drivers side twin bed on the 59K. As we're not owners, yet, of a Travato, if they already exist we weren't aware of that.
kltk1 is offline   Reply With Quote