Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2017, 12:03 AM   #461
Platinum Member

The dinette is my favorite feature of the 59G. However, what seems to sway me to the 59K are a few different things, such as not having to deal with two water pumps, the ability to open both doors and use the shower outside to get the nasty stuff off, then hop inside for the final cleaning, and the larger feeling of space.

Of course, the 59G's "garage" with the flip-up bed up is pretty nice. You can stick a lot of stuff in there, saving renting a van or a trailer.
mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 01:27 PM   #462

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlts22 View Post
The dinette is my favorite feature of the 59G. However, what seems to sway me to the 59K are a few different things, such as not having to deal with two water pumps, the ability to open both doors and use the shower outside to get the nasty stuff off, then hop inside for the final cleaning, and the larger feeling of space.

Of course, the 59G's "garage" with the flip-up bed up is pretty nice. You can stick a lot of stuff in there, saving renting a van or a trailer.
I like the idea of it, but the sitting on it is another story. I'm small and in shape, and my legs were banging into the table which was very heavy, awkward, and hard to deal with and in the way. I know they supposedly made it better than the first year but to us it wasn't much better, and the seat itself was Extremely uncomfortable. In fact, I honestly couldn't think of anyone actually sitting on it for any length of travel time. Hard and the back of it was straight up and not comfortable. Maybe a child could handle it, but we couldn't. We were going to purchase this unit and it stopped us from doing it bc of that. The size of it, the look of it and layout is very nice tho. Agree that the "garage" area is really nice, we like to bring our bikes, and maybe even gravity chairs, and love that idea. Winnebago has really nice comfortable seating in their Views/Navions so I wish they would improve that in the 59G and the Fuse T seats. I'm not saying take dinette away, just improve it, make it comfortable to sit on and improve the table setup. The 59K we also really liked, felt very open, but we do once in awhile bring another person so seating for 2 only wasn't going to work for us, and also doesn't have the storage of the 59G. The 59K twin beds seemed very comfortable. I also agree that coming in from outside to the bath might be nice, and the bath is a nice size. The Hymer Aktiv dinette to us is much more comfortable, the seat fits your back and is softer and the table is able to get out of the way. BUT the 59G is able to be made into a bed which is very nice to have. The 59G also has a nice size fridge.
cjscott123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 02:45 PM   #463
Platinum Member

Does the 59k have a shower drain pump too or is it gravity? Does the G even still use a drain pump or did they figure out a way around it?
mrshowtime3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 02:52 PM   #464
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshowtime3 View Post
Does the 59k have a shower drain pump too or is it gravity? Does the G even still use a drain pump or did they figure out a way around it?

59K uses gravity fed.

There is a reason most upfitters put the bath in the middle of the RV -- for easy drainage to the gray tank underneath.

BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 03:08 PM   #465
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ View Post
59K uses gravity fed.

There is a reason most upfitters put the bath in the middle of the RV -- for easy drainage to the gray tank underneath.

Good news since the K would be the one of interest for me. Do you know if its at all possible to put in a dry bath in the rear? Taking out that big cabinet and putting a shower stall in. Since it seems a lot of electrical goes to that area im guessing not but figured id ask. With a dry bath back there its just about the perfect B for us. Basically a Coach House Arrivia but gas and not crazy priced.
mrshowtime3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 04:05 PM   #466
Bronze Member

We have a 2017 Travato K and the shower drain works great, just like the drain in our previous B with a center bathroom. We much prefer the larger rear bath and the openness of the K floorplan over our previous typical B floorplan. We don't camp with our back doors open so having the rear bath is not a concern.
Old 06-13-2017, 02:52 AM   #467
Bronze Member

Hi, new member here. I am actively looking at used Travato 59g's, and have a few questions that I've not had answered yet.

I am a travelling musician, and I need the under-bed storage of the 59g. I've looked at 2014 models, and the space may be too tight. Anyone know how much space from the bottom of the bed to the floor in the 2016 and later model?

Also, is it still a propane furnace in the 2016? I will be boondocking a lot, and I live in a cool climate.

Thanks for any help. I'm searching for these answers here, too...
Hayduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 11:01 AM   #468
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayduke View Post
Hi, new member here. I am actively looking at used Travato 59g's, and have a few questions that I've not had answered yet.

I am a travelling musician, and I need the under-bed storage of the 59g. I've looked at 2014 models, and the space may be too tight. Anyone know how much space from the bottom of the bed to the floor in the 2016 and later model?

Also, is it still a propane furnace in the 2016? I will be boondocking a lot, and I live in a cool climate.

I dont have the answer on old the bed (2014-2015)- but the NEWer bed has 25" of clearance from the floor to the bottom of the bed (You could probably get 26" if you removed the storage bag that is mounted under the bed). So I'd guess the old one was "about" 20". Someone could tell you on the "Travato Owners and Wannabes" facebook page. There are at least 1/2 a dozen traveling musicians over there. (I travel part time with a guitar and a Uke and Art Supplies)

I have a 2016 with the Truma Hot Water Heater/Furnace (gas or electric) - which is EXCELLENT.
Scottbaldassari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 11:14 AM   #469
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshowtime3 View Post
...Do you know if its at all possible to put in a dry bath in the rear? Taking out that big cabinet and putting a shower stall in. ...
I haven't seen it done yet - that would be a lot of storage to lose. But, Anything is possible, if the desire is there. Actually, I think most of the electronics are under the bed. I would think it would be harder to deal with the shower pan, than it would be to pull the cabinetry...
Old 06-13-2017, 01:53 PM   #470
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottbaldassari View Post
I dont have the answer on old the bed (2014-2015)- but the NEWer bed has 25" of clearance from the floor to the bottom of the bed (You could probably get 26" if you removed the storage bag that is mounted under the bed). So I'd guess the old one was "about" 20". Someone could tell you on the "Travato Owners and Wannabes" facebook page. There are at least 1/2 a dozen traveling musicians over there. (I travel part time with a guitar and a Uke and Art Supplies)

I have a 2016 with the Truma Hot Water Heater/Furnace (gas or electric) - which is EXCELLENT.
Thank you! That's what I was looking for on the bed height. I'm trying to decide if the Truma is worth the extra cash for a later model, too. Sounds like you love it.

Any yays or nays on the diesel motor?

I've sent a request to join the facebook group, too. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 06-13-2017, 02:00 PM   #471
Silver Member

People seem to like the diesel engine for those that have it. I test drove a promaster with the diesel and it was really funky to drive, it would certainly take some getting used to. Shifting was odd. It was very quiet from inside we didnt hear it at all. Not like our old Ford E350 with the powerstroke.
1997 Country Coach Intrigue #10468 "Mister Motorhome"
Firesteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 02:02 PM   #472
Silver Member

The truma is really a great upgrade. Having had RVs with a regular furnace and heat strips too, the truma is awesome. Quiet as can be, efficient and does a great job on hot water too.
1997 Country Coach Intrigue #10468 "Mister Motorhome"
Firesteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 02:04 PM   #473
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firesteel View Post
People seem to like the diesel engine for those that have it. I test drove a promaster with the diesel and it was really funky to drive, it would certainly take some getting used to. Shifting was odd. It was very quiet from inside we didnt hear it at all. Not like our old Ford E350 with the powerstroke.
I drive an E350 Powerstroke (7.3 L) right now. Sounds like a school bus! But I do love diesels.
Old 06-14-2017, 03:40 PM   #474
Platinum Member

Quote:
... I'm trying to decide if the Truma is worth the extra cash for a later model, too. Sounds like you love it.

I've sent a request to join the facebook group, too. Thanks for the heads up.
I don't know what the price difference is you can get, but if you plan to use the heat much, the Truma IS great, and I remember something about the older units had to be plugged in to get hot water? Not sure on that, so check it out.
There were other major improvements in 2016 over the 2014s and early 2015's. For one, the Van itself improved; RAM worked out a couple problems, like the squeaky brake issue (which was just a matter of changing pads). Winnebago added solar, raised the bed and raised the dinette table a couple inches which made a huge difference for me (6'3").
I'm not a diesel fan, so you probably shouldn't ask my opinion on that. I drove a promaster diesel, and did not like the transmission at all, but as Firesteel mentioned, people who own them seem to love them (and they are quite).
Old 06-14-2017, 03:56 PM   #475
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
:

:

Forget about the diesel.

Chrysler hasn't built a diesel ProMaster in over a year.
The production was on hold for a few months,
then in the beginning of the year, they canceled the whole year's production and refunded all deposits.

If you want to read about their problems (and buybacks), go to the promasterforum.com

Old 06-15-2017, 05:01 PM   #476
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:

The current G model

from the floor to the bed = 24"
Old 06-16-2017, 12:18 PM   #477
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ View Post
The current G model

from the floor to the bed = 24"
Thank you!

We're now looking at a Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser; older, but maybe more affordable to us, and more storage space. We're still on the hunt.
Old 06-16-2017, 01:22 PM   #478
BBQ
Platinum Member

A few musicians are using the 59G as their travelling base.
You can meet them at the FB Travato group.
Old 07-02-2017, 08:19 PM   #479

Default CindyMac

We just bought a 2017 Travato G and I was wondering what other Travato G owners use for bedding/linen?
cmcetchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 09:16 PM   #480
Platinum Member

I have a fitted sheet over the mattress and I use various sleeping bags depending on the weather.

"Il Travato Rosso"
2015 Travato 59g
eric1514 is offline   Reply With Quote