Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2020, 06:44 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Dodge Roadtrek Drivers Side Storage Door

Does anyone know if there is any difference in size for the fiberglass drivers side storage compartment door between a 1999 Dodge Roadtrek 190 vs. 170 (or any model year around this time). The 190 Dodge itself is longer and wider than the 170, but it looks to me that the storage compartment is the same, with a door length of about 56 1/4". Does anyone know offhand, or have a 190 they can measure? Thanks!
RT-NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 07:11 PM   #2
Bronze Member

Just measured my 1999 RT 190 Popular (Dodge) driver's side storage compartment,
compartment measures 56 3/4", door 56 1/8". Hope this helps
Ed
Old 03-24-2020, 06:02 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Many thanks, Ed! Very helpful.

It does look to me that the storage compartment and storage door (and the step door over the sewer hoses as well) are the exact same size for the Dodge 190 and 170, but I won't know for sure until I can get the part and check!
Old 07-06-2020, 06:02 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Just to update on this post: I had some damage to the driver's side hinged step and to the storage compartment door. I ordered the two fiberglass parts new from www.mobiliferv.ca. The Dupont paint code was stamped on a tag in the van (inside the driver's side door: #B8343), so I had a local body shop prep and paint the parts. I ordered a new plastic hinge for the storage door from Moore Industrial Hardware (https://www.mooreindhardware.com/har...tinuous-hinge/). I drilled out the rivets to remove the old parts and then installed the new parts. It all looks good, though it was a lot of work! The hardest part was drilling holes into the plastic hinge to match the holes in the van's body without being able to see those holes because they are recessed into the storage compartment!!

The storage compartment door is exactly the same size for the Roadtrek 170 and 190, which was my original question. But the step was shaped differently so I had to attach it using a double hinge so it would sit properly.
Old 07-10-2020, 10:37 PM   #5
Platinum Member

. . . to elaborate on my last post regarding the step: the step that I was able to get from www.mobiliferv.ca was the correct width but was a quite a bit shorter than the original one. I attached it by riveting a new hinge to the original hinge but upside down so that the step can sit out a bit from the body. It looks OK, but it is not perfect, and the new step is not cheap so in most cases of damage to the original step it might be better to repair the original if possible.
Old 07-10-2020, 10:48 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT-NY View Post
. . . to elaborate on my last post regarding the step: the step that I was able to get from www.mobiliferv.ca was the correct width but was a quite a bit shorter than the original one. I attached it by riveting a new hinge to the original hinge but upside down so that the step can sit out a bit from the body. It looks OK, but it is not perfect, and the new step is not cheap so in most cases of damage to the original step it might be better to repair the original if possible.
You sound more than competent!
themexicandoctor is offline   Reply With Quote