Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2015, 04:41 AM   #181
Platinum Member

It should be remembered that even though Winnebago's MSRP'S are going up ,the Travatos are the only new class b vans on the market with those floorplans. I also think the Travatos will help lower the negotiated prices on the other brands. Competition is good for buyers. As Eric has found out that the willingness to travel to get a good deal really helps. I think dealers know who is selling the most class B's and will eventually be competitive.
stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 05:48 AM   #182
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

Stan is correct. Travel to get the best deal. We've gone as much as 630 miles for a deal on an RV.
Coming home gives you a chance to learn and find the various systems and problems with the new unit...

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 04:54 PM   #183
Platinum Member

Haven't heard of a price increase, but can only assume they have a little bit. Besides inflation annual adjustment, and the items you listed, the Truma Combi system and the power management and 2nd battery were added. Base MSRP is on their website. Discounting of 20-25% is pretty common.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 05:02 PM   #184
Platinum Member

The Roadtrek Zion and the Pleasureway Lexor are in the same ball-park MSRP-wise. To start anyways. Their discounts are only going to be 10-15% if you can even get that much. Probably 0 if you end up special ordering. So the Winnebago comes out way ahead on the final number.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:39 PM   #185
Platinum Member

I just got back from the Dodge dealer here in town. My left turn signal, the one in the mirror blew and since the car is under warranty I thought I'd just play dumb and let them change the bulb. Good thing I did. Evidently the bulb blew and took the lens/housing with it and you can't just buy that part. Nope, they installed a new mirror assembly. They had to remove the inner door panel and everything.

They also checked on any recalls and TSBs, two of those relating to moisture around the clearance lights. Total cost to me was $0. Yay. I only had to give one tour to the lady that wrote up the service.

Tutto va bene,
Eric

Oh, and they washed it, too.

"Il Travato Rosso"
2015 Travato 59g
eric1514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 10:19 PM   #186
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric1514 View Post
I just got back from the Dodge dealer here in town. My left turn signal, the one in the mirror blew and since the car is under warranty I thought I'd just play dumb and let them change the bulb. Good thing I did. Evidently the bulb blew and took the lens/housing with it and you can't just buy that part. Nope, they installed a new mirror assembly. They had to remove the inner door panel and everything.

They also checked on any recalls and TSBs, two of those relating to moisture around the clearance lights. Total cost to me was $0. Yay. I only had to give one tour to the lady that wrote up the service.

Tutto va bene,
Eric

Oh, and they washed it, too.
What's considered the clearance lights, the ones above the windshield?
Highlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 11:05 PM   #187
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
What's considered the clearance lights, the ones above the windshield?
Yup and the ones above the rear doors, also. There's a TSB out on them to inspect for moisture. Evidently some leak.

"Il Travato Rosso"
2015 Travato 59g
Old 07-09-2015, 11:30 PM   #188
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric1514 View Post
Yup and the ones above the rear doors, also. There's a TSB out on them to inspect for moisture. Evidently some leak.
I'd like to watch them do this "inspection for moisture".
Jostalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 12:25 AM   #189
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jostalli View Post
I'd like to watch them do this "inspection for moisture".
I'm curious, too, but it's now a known documented issue so if any of us have a rust or "moisture" issue in the future I would think this would be Dodge's problem.

Eric

"Il Travato Rosso"
2015 Travato 59g
Old 07-10-2015, 12:35 AM   #190

Eric, thanks for the pictures. Mine was loose from the drive home, and when I pushed it back in I was wondering if they forgot to caulk it. Your pictures were truly worth 1000 words.

I went ahead and used the 3M Extreme tape on both the upper and lower covers. My lower cover appears to have the tabs broken on the plastic ring screwed to the bodyside, so I thought it would benefit from the same treatment. If I have the pilot light issue and make a shield like yours I'll just add new tape when I reassemble.

Thanks again!
John
ohiobmwbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 02:14 PM   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanw909 View Post
Mass59k.Just looked at your album pics.Very nice
Album link please?
spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 07:15 AM   #192
Platinum Member

Click on Mass59k signature. Select view public profile. Look over to the right side of the page and click on albums.
stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 11:22 PM   #193
Platinum Member

I drove a 12 View, 16 Trend, 16 Travato in that order. As expected the View drove the worse. Not bad but it felt a bit of wallowing/porpoising. I understand some things can be added to the chassis like Sumo springs to improve the ride. The biggest surprise was how well the Trend drove compared to the Travato. I might had been my imagination, but I almost felt the Trend drove a little better. But worse case they drove the same. I drove on curvy country roads specifically. The Travato was a 59G layout, and I still think that is too crowded. Waiting for a Travato 59K to come in so I can really compare the layout to the Trend.
tbirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 11:28 PM   #194
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbirdman View Post
I drove a 12 View, 16 Trend, 16 Travato in that order. As expected the View drove the worse. Not bad but it felt a bit of wallowing/porpoising. I understand some things can be added to the chassis like Sumo springs to improve the ride. The biggest surprise was how well the Trend drove compared to the Travato. I might had been my imagination, but I almost felt the Trend drove a little better. But worse case they drove the same. I drove on curvy country roads specifically. The Travato was a 59G layout, and I still think that is too crowded. Waiting for a Travato 59K to come in so I can really compare the layout to the Trend.
Kinda surprised at your observations. I'd expect the Trend to be much more susceptible to winds, passing trucks, etc. It's also a good bit taller, with a higher center of gravity, which should effect it on curvy roads.

Weight wise, they are not all that far apart. The fiberglass body I guess doesn't weigh that much more than the metal one. The difference is primarily the cabinetry and furniture, since there is much more of it.

If you decide to go that way, just be sure you understand the real payload you have. I'd also get front and rear weights to ensure you are not overloaded on that rear axle.
Old 07-14-2015, 11:42 PM   #195
Platinum Member

I was surprised also. I was expecting the ride for the Trend to be between teh View and the Travato but surprisingly good road manners. After I got out I kept making sure it was this boxy RV that I drove
Old 07-14-2015, 11:50 PM   #196
Platinum Member

Maybe they put a big rear swaybar in the Trend?
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 12:46 AM   #197

Default new 2016 model year owner- newbie

I took the plunge and pick up my new Travato G next week. I have learned a lot from you all reading these forums and I'm excited to participate. Here's some info that may be helpful to others:

2016 G mid year refresh with Truma Combi water and heat system
front and rear screens
100 watt solar on the roof
dual batteries
upgraded stereo
energy management system
upgraded fan with rain cover
black tank flush

I shopped all over the country and the best I could do was $71,500 for a
"2016" model without the new model year upgrades- such a scam- really just a 2015. Ended up paying $74,200 for the new model with the refresh equipment listed above.

Dealer told me the MSRP went up by $4K over the 2015. Hope this helps anyone shopping.
joefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 11:20 AM   #198
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbirdman View Post
I was surprised also. I was expecting the ride for the Trend to be between teh View and the Travato but surprisingly good road manners. After I got out I kept making sure it was this boxy RV that I drove
Ha! I thought my mind was playing tricks too! But I'm betting it is the extra weight. The trend has got to be the best handling class c (class b+, whatever) r.v. Ever! I drove a couple empty promasters, and sometimes I think the Travato handles better than them, so I'm guessing it's all about the weight.
Scottbaldassari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 05:53 PM   #199
Platinum Member

Any thoughts on why the View and the Trend have heated drainage systems while the Travato has no such options? I figure the Travato as marketed to the active live style would have this option.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:28 PM   #200

Default thoughts on storing travato

I live in North Florida and will store the new rig in my driveway (no HOA issues) and plan to drive it frequently- at least weekly).

Obviously covered and even temperture controlled would be best, but I don't have that option if I want to keep it in my driveway for frequent use.

Do you think I'd be making a mistake keeping it outside, as I've done with my cars? Will I ruin it?
joefish is offline   Reply With Quote