Old 03-28-2019, 08:29 PM   #131
Bronze Member

Do you guys happen to have the brochures or have any links?

Etzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 08:37 PM   #132
Silver Member

On the Xplorer 230XLW tire questions. Mine is a 1999 and I have a spare under the rear that cranks down. In my case the spare will only work on the front but I think that is because a PO installed aluminum wheels.

As delivered, Xplorer XLWs were 'converted' to dually - that means some kind of adapter for the 2 rear wheels that have extreme offsets so they can mount together back to back. In order for those wheels to be used on the front there must have been a different front hub that can accept the extreme offset of the dually wheels. I think when mine was changed to aluminum wheels, they must have put stock Dodge hubs on the front so the normal, non-dually Dodge wheels fit.

End result is mine requires different offsets front and rear - I carry a compressor and plug kit as back-up and otherwise hope if I ever get a flat it will be on the front - otherwise limp slowly on one rear?? I also have roadside assistance

If anyone learns more about how they converted them to dually and what parts were used, I am very interested. I would rather give up the aluminum wheels and have a matched set of 6 wheels the same but I would need the correct front hubs I think.

Dave

D&J Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote