Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2019, 09:51 PM   #241
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassB4Me View Post
On the other hand....

No more hands...

The Hymer family is still left to determine who can they trust to lead the company forward? Is the 'cancer' limited to the management (suspended) or were there others on the factory floor complicit in the potential embezzlement scheme?

$100 million doillars!!! What would you do O' Wise One?
Finding someone new to lead the company into the next phase that they trust would not seem to be an insurmountable problem. They already brought in someone from outside who was a high ranking executive from another company to be head of sales who might still be clean at this point.
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 09:57 PM   #242
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
Finding someone new to lead the company into the next phase that they trust would not seem to be an insurmountable problem. They already brought in someone from outside who was a high ranking executive from another company to be head of sales who might still be clean at this point.

Those types of people are pretty rare and highly prized, as it is a really tough job, even when possible. That said, companies are saved all the time, so it certainly isn't impossible.

Sometimes the incoming management group works out an agreement to be first in line to purchase the company once it is straightened out to a certain level, which makes the whole thing much more likely to succeed from both sides.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 11:48 PM   #243
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
Those types of people are pretty rare and highly prized, as it is a really tough job, even when possible. That said, companies are saved all the time, so it certainly isn't impossible.

Sometimes the incoming management group works out an agreement to be first in line to purchase the company once it is straightened out to a certain level, which makes the whole thing much more likely to succeed from both sides.

When I was working in the auto industry in Michigan there were always a lot of very good higher level management people in the OEMs and Suppliers who realized that they were not going any higher and were looking for opportunities to become a top executive at a smaller company to fulfill their goal of reaching the top. Roadtrek is ripe for someone with experience in Automotive who understands modern manufacturing methods and consumer products and comes from a similar industry with the same type of issues they face. Lots of well rounded auto executives with manufacturing, sales, marketing, finance, experience who would be good candidates for leading Roadtrek.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:51 AM   #244
Platinum Member

Default Can $100 Million Be Recovered?

Seems like so much of Roadtrek's future hinges on the situation of $100 million dollars.

Scenario #1
If everything is clear and the issue was poor documentation / recordkeeping, I could see Thor picking up Hymer NA and all will work as originally planned.

Scenario #2
If the $100 million is proved to be embezzled, what are the chances of recovery of the funds? Can assets be seized/recovered from the former employees, Thor pick up Hymer NA, and all will work as originally planned - just delayed?

Scenario #3
The worst fears are realized and the scoundrels refuse to cooperate. The situation drags out in the courts for years and the Hymer family is bogged down in litigation expenses. IMO the Hymer family will not be thinking about restoring Roadtrek but bringing this nightmare to an end.

If nothing official is announced next week, is that a good sign?
ClassB4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 01:36 AM   #245
Platinum Member

We definetly need some new speculators here, no new speculations have appeared for awhile now...
Old 02-10-2019, 01:55 AM   #246
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassB4Me View Post
Seems like so much of Roadtrek's future hinges on the situation of $100 million dollars.

Scenario #1
If everything is clear and the issue was poor documentation / recordkeeping, I could see Thor picking up Hymer NA and all will work as originally planned.

Scenario #2
If the $100 million is proved to be embezzled, what are the chances of recovery of the funds? Can assets be seized/recovered from the former employees, Thor pick up Hymer NA, and all will work as originally planned - just delayed?

Scenario #3
The worst fears are realized and the scoundrels refuse to cooperate. The situation drags out in the courts for years and the Hymer family is bogged down in litigation expenses. IMO the Hymer family will not be thinking about restoring Roadtrek but bringing this nightmare to an end.

If nothing official is announced next week, is that a good sign?
I don't see how the numbers work to give a reason to pour $100 million to make it work.

The company has $206 million in debt. Add in the $100 million missing. It's valued at $300-$350 million. It makes ~1500 units a year with a profit of ~$10k per unit. What rational business person would buy this?
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 02:30 AM   #247
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
I don't see how the numbers work to give a reason to pour $100 million to make it work.

The company has $206 million in debt. Add in the $100 million missing. It's valued at $300-$350 million. It makes ~1500 units a year with a profit of ~$10k per unit. What rational business person would buy this?

With those numbers, if the debt servicing wasn't taken out before the $10K profit, they would never be able to pay back the debt.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 02:40 AM   #248
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
With those numbers, if the debt servicing wasn't taken out before the $10K profit, they would never be able to pay back the debt.
Can you imagine what the Hymer family had to accept / do to repackage the purchase deal? I do wonder if any extra liabilities from EHG parent were 'dumped' into EHG NA to make the deal work for Thor.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:38 PM   #249

"Employees at Erwin Hymer Group North America say they have been fired effective immediately. They say they got their notices on Friday afternoon.

An employee at the location on Shirley Avenue who did not want to be named took a video of what they say was them being notified. In it, a man in a suit appears to tell the employees that the company was put into receivership."

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/employe...rica-1.4299298

I'd say parts are going to be mighty hard to come by. And about that warranty...
Squarepeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 10:27 PM   #250
Platinum Member

Default Roadtrek Lives Again....

Where there is money to be made and morals take a backseat over ethics, mark my words someone is going to buy the Roadtrek name, slap it on a subpar Class B, and 'con the mugs' who have no clue.

Look how easy it is to take a nasty and dirty subpar Sunlight and keep mentioning Roadtrek to have people believe they are getting Roadtrek quality for less.

I guess Jen was too busy to dust off the dirty bits.
Old 02-15-2019, 11:03 PM   #251
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squarepeg View Post
"Employees at Erwin Hymer Group North America say they have been fired effective immediately. They say they got their notices on Friday afternoon.

An employee at the location on Shirley Avenue who did not want to be named took a video of what they say was them being notified. In it, a man in a suit appears to tell the employees that the company was put into receivership."

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/employe...rica-1.4299298

I'd say parts are going to be mighty hard to come by. And about that warranty...

Very sad day for the employees ..........
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 11:06 PM   #252
Gold Member

you were right, Hymer family washed their hands of it, their nightmare has ended, now it begins for 900 employees.
Old 02-15-2019, 11:35 PM   #253
Platinum Member

so sad, I feel for the hard working employees, we were able to do the factory tour last year, and every person we met were so nice , and friendly, and answered every question we had, truly saddening,,,,,
peppster66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 12:52 AM   #254
Platinum Member

Sad to say, I was right, wasn’t I?
Old 02-16-2019, 01:03 AM   #255
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
Sad to say, I was right, wasn’t I?

Game, Set, Match????

You will be 100% right when you accurately predict the fate of Jim Hammill?

Prediction?
Old 02-16-2019, 01:04 AM   #256
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppster66 View Post
so sad, I feel for the hard working employees, we were able to do the factory tour last year, and every person we met were so nice , and friendly, and answered every question we had, truly saddening,,,,,
Sad indeed. Maybe Safari Condo wants to expand West?
AlexJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 02:17 AM   #257
Bronze Member

So sad. A former Roadtrek employee just got on one of the forums and posted this in response to the ostriches who are still hiding their heads in the sand and screaming, "Let's wait until all the facts come out".

"There is nothing to speculate about. I worked there and was let go today and let me tell you that everything you are hearing and reading is true and there is a lot more that the public doesn’t even know about. We were living this hell everyday. Greed, Power and Money was the only thing on their minds. They did the exact same thing to the previous company they worked for at Budds Canada. It went belly up and they walked out with millions, so don’t give me now all speculation ****."

This is just the saddest part. Yeah, I'm out repair money and warranty, but close to a thousand people and families are completely twisting in the wind: no job, no vacation pay as of yet, no word on whether their pensions are safe.

Jim Hammill and his cohorts should be strung up.
TerrierTude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 02:34 AM   #258

Well, if the speculation really is true, then Hammill and the others need to be in prison.

Sucks for all those people losing their jobs, and it sucks for us, the consumers, that we may be left with products we can't get serviced.

I don't own a Class B yet, but the Aktiv and Carado models were on my list, though not at the top. Frankly if those aren't going to be made anymore, the list gets really short. basically Travato 59GL at the top, and 59KL at the bottom!
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 02:54 AM   #259
Platinum Member

I am on three of the RT/Hymer Facebook pages and I would say that we have had at least a dozen employees show up to confirm the news reports. None of them have reported much more than we have posted on here.

Seems most of what some criticized as "rumor" has turned into golden facts. I personally would have been thrilled to be proven wrong.

We have 6 weeks to see if a buyer shows up. And on the slim chance that one does (Thor?), will they honor the warranties? My expectation is no and I am assuming that it is gone.

Not such a big deal for me... my systems are pretty basic.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 03:56 AM   #260
Platinum Member

Only the folks with the Ecotrek should be worried. Everything else is manageable.

I hate that I was right, but I've seen enough bankruptcies to recognize the signs.

What I don't know is if justice will actually be served. It really depends on how pissed the Hymer family is, as they will need to press for it. I imagine they have 100 million reasons to pursue it.

What I don't get is all these fanboys who believed that the Hymer family would step up and pour a mountain of money into this thing to save all the jobs. They don't have any emotional attachment to the Roadtrek employees, and certainly are not going to do it at the expense of their own family's financial future. I believe they saw the balance sheet as I posted about a few days ago - the numbers don't work to attract a buyer and the profitability is not there. Especially if my prediction is correct and 2019 we go into recession.

It's all certainly sad - there are no winners at all. Just grades of losers depending on where you sit.