Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2019, 03:27 PM   #201
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
Perhaps it is past time to stop feeding the troll...
No sh*t...
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 03:48 PM   #202
Platinum Member

"No more responses from me to any of your posts, not interested in feeding the troll... "

More ad-hominens. Apparently participating in a thread titled "Could this be the end of Roadtrek" is "trolling" unless you have something to contribute in the affirmative. Anyone who defends Roadtrek here in any way IS a troll.

"Yes, but there is also a wealth of useful facts about Roadtrek van systems and operating instructions that many owners find useful..."

Like anything on the internet, the trick is knowing which is which.
RossWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 03:52 PM   #203
Platinum Member

He had similar approach with electric vehicles, the great entry to this forum, - a lot of mumbling supporting his hypothesis with unreasonable “data” so argumentative nature could be in his DNA, or he is a "multitroll". Based on his comments I could see that engineering or science education were not a part of his schooling, or they were but didn’t stick.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 04:42 PM   #204
Gold Member

Default Time for new thread?

Maybe start a new thread. Title
Any updates on EHGNA future?

As a potential buyer that is our biggest concern.
Glamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 05:21 PM   #205
Platinum Member

LOL. Ya'll have had a busy morning.

I don't really expect any EHGNA news this week, unless there is a mass layoff or a filing. So far it's dead on the news sites.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 06:33 PM   #206
Platinum Member

I stopped at a Hymer dealer yesterday, and they claimed to no nothing about what the future would bring.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 04:58 AM   #207
Platinum Member

Look who showed up on Facebook tonight...

"
Hi folks, just a quick note to say, I love you all, and I thank you for the hundreds of notes and support. You folks are terrific people. My family and I thank you.

Don’t forget the fantastic folks at Roadtrek. They will be there giving you the terrific product and brand you all know as Roadtrek. And the dealers, who get that product to you. They also are great people and they care about you and your lifestyle.

I would like to introduce wee Murdoch, who joined me over Xmas as a new family member. I will always treasure My Daisy girl, who had 12 great Bulldog years.

But.....Now Mr Murdoch, is a tad faster and more mischievous. And he’s a man, and all man. Daisy was a girl. She only wanted your love and affection. Murdoch not so worried about you. He focuses on the ladies undergarments as soon as they are folded. He’s like a buzz saw with a basket of frilly and lacy things, which causes superlatives to be uttered by my bride regularly.

So here’s a contest, What breed is wee Murdoch Hammill?
I betcha no one can guess his breed, And he won’t be wee for long.

Jim Hammill"

And he attached a photo of the puppy... This is on the RV Lifestyle/Mike Wendland page of Facebook.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 12:12 PM   #208
Platinum Member

He did reveal that the dog is a black GoldenDoodle, so there was some new info in his post ...
Old 02-06-2019, 03:35 PM   #209
Platinum Member

It is a very cute puppy, but don't believe that there is any such thing as a "black goldendoodle" is there? Wouldn't it be a labradoodle? Or was it a black poodle?

This is much more interesting that the audit...
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
Old 02-06-2019, 04:00 PM   #210
Platinum Member

Quote:
It is a very cute puppy, but don't believe that there is any such thing as a "black goldendoodle" is there? Wouldn't it be a labradoodle? Or was it a black poodle?

He mentioned there was only one black one in the litter, must be a black poodle gene getting into the pup. Black poodle parent or a recessive black poodle gene. Not a dog genetics expert along with most other topics...

They cross breed Golden Retrievers and Poodles to get a GoldenDoodle, right ?
Old 02-06-2019, 04:08 PM   #211
Gold Member

I added s comment to The dog post. Asking Jim to tell his side of story, another member immediately replied saying I should not ask as it’s an awkward situation at best. I replied “spending 100,000 with s company that may Not be solvent goes way beyond awkward.” I am sure my comment will be deleted.
Old 02-06-2019, 04:23 PM   #212
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamper View Post
I added s comment to The dog post. Asking Jim to tell his side of story, another member immediately replied saying I should not ask as it’s an awkward situation at best. I replied “spending 100,000 with s company that may Not be solvent goes way beyond awkward.” I am sure my comment will be deleted.
Congrats....

You should get a medal for going into the line-of-fire and posing that question.

As other have mentioned, if it is simply a potential reporting error and nothing more, I don't see the harm in him acknowledging it and speaking to what he believes.
ClassB4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 04:29 PM   #213
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamper View Post
Not surprised that they are deleting anything related to the business rather than puppies. Until there is real info from the current owners of EHG NA ( whoever they are) not much point in rehashing it. I expect Jim will eventually give his side of the story.
Old 02-06-2019, 04:35 PM   #214
Platinum Member

Quote:

Here is the scoop on the breed...

https://puppytoob.com/black-goldendoodle-five-things-didnt-know/
Old 02-06-2019, 09:01 PM   #215
Platinum Member

Jim Hammill has made a comment...

————
Sometimes people just have to let the dust settle a bit. I for one hope and pray that this all falls back together, and owners and dealers and employees are all ok. I am none of those things anymore, and I just can’t discuss it. But I’m of the same mind, I just think that Roadtrek is such a good and powerful brand and products, that there will be a resolution at some point. But I know nothing about that. I’m just offering what I have seen a few times over the years.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:02 PM   #216
Gold Member

Default Post from Jim H

Feb 6. FB Post Jim Hammill....

“Sometimes people just have to let the dust settle a bit. I for one hope and pray that this all falls back together, and owners and dealers and employees are all ok. I am none of those things anymore, and I just can’t discuss it. But I’m of the same mind, I just think that Roadtrek is such a good and powerful brand and products, that there will be a resolution at some point. But I know nothing about that. I’m just offering what I have seen a few times over the years”.
Glamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:11 PM   #217
Platinum Member

Synchronized posting I see...

Looks like that post makes clear that he is no longer employed by Roadtrek. So even if he is not guilty of suspected wrongdoing, he is out for allowing the situation to occur... as is normally true for the position of CEO.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
Old 02-06-2019, 10:59 PM   #218
Platinum Member

Quote:
Synchronized posting I see...

Looks like that post makes clear that he is no longer employed by Roadtrek. So even if he is not guilty of suspected wrongdoing, he is out for allowing the situation to occur... as is normally true for the position of CEO.
Has it been determined yet just what situation has occurred?

I'll hazard the guess that JH was neither a conscious party to the "situation" or even aware of it, but as a CEO you are inevitably accountable for any untoward circumstance that occurs on your watch. The cross that a CEO bears is that of regardless of who are the miscreants, if you're at the top of the food chain, fair or not, the buck stops with you.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 11:08 PM   #219
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising7388 View Post
Has it been determined yet just what situation has occurred?

I'll hazard the guess that JH was neither a conscious party to the "situation" or even aware of it, but as a CEO you are inevitably accountable for any untoward circumstance that occurs on your watch. The cross that a CEO bears is that of regardless of who are the miscreants, if you're at the top of the food chain, fair or not, the buck stops with you.
Normally (if this can even be described as such) companies make every effort to save face and let a person leave a company with dignity (i.e. resign so we don't have to fire you).

Given he is making statements outside of an official channel, I suspect he was told his services would no longer be needed when the Thor acquisition has completed.

It allows his compensation to end but does not remove him from any potential legal jeopardy. He's sounding somewhat salty.
ClassB4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 05:31 AM   #220
Gold Member

I just saw a post (hone of the FB groups) that said...

"I recently had a dealer (probably the biggest dealer in San Diego) call me and cancelled my appointment and said they were no longer doing roadtrek warranty service."

Also so other similar posts, this is not good.