Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
By Mark Polk
The onboard generator makes your RV fully self-contained. It allows you access to 120- volts when there is no shore power available, but keep in mind that carbon monoxide is deadly! You should always inspect the exhaust system on the generator set before using it.
Do not operate a generator with a damaged exhaust system. If you're using a portable generator set make sure the exhaust is directed away from the camping area.
Observe campground etiquette. Do not run your generator after quiet hours.
Never run your generator when you are sleeping! Even with a carbon monoxide detector. You cannot see, taste or smell carbon monoxide. Test the carbon monoxide detector every time you use the RV. Know what the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are:
4) Muscular twitching
5) Intense headache
6) Throbbing in the temples
7) Weakness and sleepiness
Inability to think coherently
If you or anyone else experiences any of these symptoms get to fresh air immediately. If the symptoms persist seek medical attention. Shut the generator down and do not operate it until it has been inspected and repaired by a professional.
Plan all of your RV trips, travel safe and smart and enjoy your RV experiences.
Copyright 2006 by Mark J. Polk owner of RV Education 101
RV Expert Mark Polk, seen on TV, is the producer & host of America's most highly regarded series of DVD's, videos, books, and e-books. http://www.rveducation101.com/
Sign up for your free "RV Education 101" Newsletter http://rveducation101.com/email/
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Mark_Polk