Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2023, 07:02 PM   #1

Default 22’ Roadtrek Zion - Solar Questions

hey everyone,

i’m a bit puzzled by the solar output on a zion we purchased new a few months ago. most days even in full sunlight the Epever MPPT controller shows night mode.

as an example today, we are in new york city and the sky is clear with full sunlight, yet the controller shows night mode and our battery voltage shows 13.0v so clearly not full.

over the course of the past month i have only seen the controller show the panels producing power no more than five times.

do other zion owners have a similar experience?

for context our van has 300w solar option consisting of three 100w panels, and the 600ah lithium battery option (though i’ve found nowhere what the actual battery configuration is).

thanks in advance, this community’s knowledge is impressive.
ZionAcrossAmerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 07:45 AM   #2

bump for a possible answer?
ZionAcrossAmerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 02:57 PM   #3
Platinum Member

If your dealer is helpful, I would call them. If not, I would call the factory and ask for help. I have never heard of "night mode" for solar as none of mine had such. It was either charging or charged.

We have had a few owners on the Facebook page that have found that their solar controller is wired backwards. That would be the first thing to be checked. Check the controller manual... or google one up if you don't have it.

I recommend that you join the Facebook Zion/Simplicity owners page. Lots of help with trouble shooting there. Your solar is NOT working.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote