Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2023, 03:20 PM   #1

Default Charging Jackery 2000 from built in generator.

We have a 1996 Leisure Travel Widebody. The 3way was gone and I replaced with a regular 120 mini fridge and a Jackery 2000 Pro, for when we’re on the road. (Yes, the fridge uses a lot of power) I actually plug the whole rv in which is even more inefficient.

Anyway, this had worked out ok and will work for many hours. Had hoped to charge it with the generator, but it pulses up and down before I get worried and unplug. It is a built in 3000w Generac.

Jackery says at minimum, a 1000w with a 10amp outlet.
The generator will run the window style ac unit and microwave fine. This is a fast charging power station, so it does have a draw of around 1200 to 1500 at fastest charge …..if I remember correctly.

My non educated guess would be something with the switch, outlet (not sure of amps there) or internal Jackery issue that causes this action. Any ideas on what’s holding it back?

I had a dream of boondocking and charging the Jackery for an hour or two a day.

(We actually charged at a campground bathroom to get by without hookups at one spot! Funny, but kept us going!)
DexClassB is offline   Reply With Quote