Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2020, 12:55 AM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Dead receptacle(s)

Two receptacles are now dead. The AV (TV/DVD receptacle) and the one over and to the right of the sink. Both worked fine earlier today. Breaker & fuse appear in good order. Best I can tell, they are on the same 'circuit'. I checked/reset the GFI and no improvement. No juice at all.

Question & a Clue - my wife had something plugged into the one by the sink. I suspect she yanked the cord out, probably at an angle. I'm wondering if she damaged that receptacle, it might not be providing power down the line.

If so, would replacing the faulty receptacle be the fix for both?

If not, what else should I suspect is the problem and any suggestions for remedying it are most appreciated. Thanks in advance....

~~ Kevin

2008 Roadtrek Popular 210
Kegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 01:08 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegan View Post
Two receptacles are now dead. The AV (TV/DVD receptacle) and the one over and to the right of the sink. Both worked fine earlier today. Breaker & fuse appear in good order. Best I can tell, they are on the same 'circuit'. I checked/reset the GFI and no improvement. No juice at all.

Question & a Clue - my wife had something plugged into the one by the sink. I suspect she yanked the cord out, probably at an angle. I'm wondering if she damaged that receptacle, it might not be providing power down the line.

If not, what else should I suspect is the problem and any suggestions for remedying it are most appreciated. Thanks in advance....

~~ Kevin

Those are on the "inverter" circuits from the inverter/charger and run through it on shore power. Take a look at the inverter and see if it has a tripped circuit breaker on it. Also check to see if the outlets work if you unplug from shore power and turn on the inverter switch. The GFCI on our 07 190 was in the audio cabinet, and there was another in the entry step area, it may pay to make sure you got both if you have them, reset.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 01:37 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Dead receptacles have happened to me because the GFCI outlet tripped. It is easy to reset but one time I had to replace the GFCI outlet simply because it failed and I think that is common. It is easy to replace a receptacle. Just pay attention to what wire connects to what wire. I've taken to photograph assemblies with my cell phone before disassembling.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 02:30 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegan View Post

~~ Kevin

Welcome to the forum Kevin!

My '2012 Airstream Avenue had a Tripplite Inverter that is possibly what you have. As booster mentioned, it has 2 reset buttons as shown in this pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6922.JPG (456.1 KB, 6 views)
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 07:57 PM   #5
Bronze Member

Default Problem solved. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post

Welcome to the forum Kevin!

My '2012 Airstream Avenue had a Tripplite Inverter that is possibly what you have. As booster mentioned, it has 2 reset buttons as shown in this pic.
Thanks to all who made suggestions. Turned out it was a tripped inverter. And despite my earlier frustration about not being able to find it.... I found it.

FWIW, passenger side near the rear tire. Access by:

~ Put bed into couch position (we have the electric version)
~ If you lift the various covers, it would appear that you have to remove some screws to access
~ Lift the edge of the cover and slide towards you. Ta-da! One Tripp-lite inverter.

I saw reference to two reset switches. I only spotted one. Held it down for a few seconds and it did the trick. Note: when holding down the button, I expected some sort of reset snap, push back, pressure, etc. Nothing. Despite this, it did seem to do the trick. Thanks again for taking the time to provide suggestions and photo's. Most appreciated.
Kegan is offline   Reply With Quote