Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2022, 07:49 PM   #21
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTRanger View Post
BTW why can’t people in these forums just answer the question you ask? I really love the replies that start with “I don’t know, but…”
I don't know, but I agree with ya
Kurt Franz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 11:20 PM   #22
Silver Member

Default back up cameras

Hi So We should get one of th ese
I have two questions- one is that I see as I investigate that the metal van can interfere with the wireless ones . I have no inclination t o do any wiring!
2 some are just cameras Umm so how do you see- goes to a n app maybe on cell phone??

delighted owner of road trek-like MUR HT Xplorer and no I have no idea what MUR and HT stand for!
jeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 11:48 PM   #23
Platinum Member

my PW is a chevy van is steel with a fiberglass top.

I have no issues with wireless ( you can reference my earlier post)

mine is a mounted camera and a screen
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 12:00 AM   #24
Silver Member

Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkguitar View Post
my PW is a chevy van is steel with a fiberglass top.

I have no issues with wireless ( you can reference my earlier post)

mine is a mounted camera and a screen
I was a good dog and DID search first
I meant I don;t know but
thank you Me too fiberglass top
jeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 01:36 AM   #25
Platinum Member

I went wired several years ago (2003 Roadtrek C190P). Camera is above the center brake light which causes some glare at night. The wire went down inside the left door post to underneath then forward. I did have some trouble with exhaust heat just behind the engine. Once that was insulated it works well. The video screen is part of a double din radio replacement.
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 07:27 PM   #26
Platinum Member

Another vote for "real" wireless. The original wired system on my 2016 Promaster died and it was impossible to figure out why since all the wiring was buried behind walls and insulation. A lot of the "wireless" systems actually require power for the camera, usually from the backup light. This is probably pretty easy to arrange in a car with a trunk, but in the Promaster it was impossible. The Foxpark camera has an internal battery so there is truly no wire to the camera and it supposedly uses solar to charge it. I can't swear that is true, but the monitor on the dash (which connects to the cigarette lighter outlet) has not shown any battery drain in about a month. The FoxPark does not connect in any way to the reverse gear (or backup light). Instead, it comes on for 90 seconds every time you start the van, and there's a button you press if you need another 90 seconds. By the way, the display is beautiful, although it doesn't have the nice lines that show the turn radius and curbs like a modern car. But I'm really only interested in making sure there are no objects (or children) hiding in the blind spots between what the side mirrors can let me see, so I'm happy..
michaelingp is offline   Reply With Quote