Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2023, 07:25 PM   #21

Thanks for all the replies. The batteries have arrived so mounting them as planned. Yes they will be easy to remove, last year when we left it was -20 f. Hope to leave much sooner this year. We are planning on only using the lithium's to occasionally power the CPAP when we are staying overnight between shore power campsites.
Steveva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 07:45 PM   #22

Default Electrical safety, disconnect, fuses and breakers.

I have run a few wires and mounted the batteries. A couple of fuses are also done. So now what? Do I need a disconnect? I am thinking I can use one of the Littlefuse 100 amp breakers that has a disconnect button on it. I have a 50 amp "red key" disconnect, the same as in the van now that I could use but I am concerned it is undersized. The refrigerator and the charger fuses are located at the refrigerator and the charger. The CPAP socket fuse is located in the battery compartment.

I am also looking for a bluetooth battery monitor. Although the charger has a display but it is not easy to get to.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Schematic.jpg (175.6 KB, 6 views)
Steveva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 08:50 PM   #23
Platinum Member

I posted on another thread...https://www.classbforum.com/forums/f...tml#post117672

Basically went to 2 6v golf cart batteries for 235 ah that fit in same space as the 1 12v 90ah battery.

We boondock a lot so when fridge needed replacement we stayed with a 3 way and ran on propane.
engnrsrule is offline   Reply With Quote