Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2020, 05:56 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Onan Microlite 2800 generator question

I worked on my genset a couple of months ago and thought I had it running good. Now when I start it from inside, the little red light on the start switch does not come on even though the generator is running. As soon as I let go of the start button it quits. I keep pressing the start button and it will run as long as I hold it down. I notice that during this time the hour meter does not advance. What causes the red light on the inside start switch to light up? If I knew that I'd have a better idea where to start looking for the problem.

Thanks!

My genset is a KV, spec C in a 2000 Pleasure Way Excel. The generator was bought by the previous owner second hand and the date stamped on the inside of the cover is 1994.
RV-there-yet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 08:27 PM   #2
Platinum Member

The generator will only continue to run if it is producing 120 vol AC power and has enough oil to not activate the low oil switch.

This website has all the info you need. There is a troubleshooting manual there.

https://www.flightsystems.com/
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 08:56 PM   #3
Bronze Member

I had the same problem and it turned out the the circuit board. I bought a new one from Flight Systems (https://www.flightsystems.com/). Hopefully it is just the oil level for you.
Bozeorbust is offline   Reply With Quote