Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2022, 08:26 PM   #1
Silver Member

Default Replacement AGM Coach Batteries for 2015 Roadtrek SS Agile

We have 72,000 miles and 7+ years on our 2015 Roadtrek SS Agile. The coach batteries ((4) 6-volt AGM Part # 8AGC2; 190 AH @ 20 hr) are not holding a charge as long as they were, and we recently woke up to a CO monitor low voltage alarm, rectified by running the engine to charge everything up. Looking for any input or experience with replacement. I see lots of online battery supply houses selling a “Deka Intimidator” battery that has the same dimensions. Also I’ve read through lots of posts talking up the “Lifeline” AGM batteries. Anyone who’s replaced these batteries (2 under the hood and 2 tucked up under the rear of the van by the trailer hitch) and who has pointers - which batteries to buy / where from / what not to do, etc- I’d love to hear your experience!

Thanks for any help,

Steve
sdunn4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 11:17 PM   #2

All of the 6 volt golf car batteries will be virtually the same dimension. Batteries are sold by Group size, a standard (SAE maybe?).

Personally, given a choice, I buy the Deka batteries. They are manufactured by East Penn Manufacturing and can be bought with various labels since many vendors have their labels put on them.

I have installed them in countless customers equipment over the last 25 or so years. From my experience they last and I don't have warranty claims.

Ross
'16 Winnebago ERA 170C
RossDinan6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 03:45 PM   #3
Silver Member

Thanks Ross,

Are there any benefits to removing all 4 batteries and seeing if perhaps just 1 is bad? Or has your experience shown that it’s more of a time-based failure? Thinking back over the past year or so I’ve known the batteries were starting to wear out.

Your feedback is welcome!

Steve
sdunn4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 05:11 PM   #4

Depending on the age and care you could be looking at an end of life scenario.

It is best to replace all batteries in a bank together with all the same type, age and manufacturer. No matter how many individual batteries there are, electrically they are one. Mixing them causes imbalances in it.

Is it the end of the world? No, I just avoid it if possible.
RossDinan6 is offline   Reply With Quote