Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2020, 07:50 PM   #1

Default Xantrex Freedom - Power Save Time

We have a 2018 Pleasure-Way Lexor TS with the Xantrex Freedom X Sine wave Inverter installed. As a "How does this all work" experience last weekend we were "Dry Camping" on our daughter's driveway. On the second day we noticed that the microwave display panel was dark. it had been showing the time earlier. Checking the manual we found that there is a factory default for the "Power Save Time" of 25 hours. When we have been on battery for 25 hours the Inverter shuts off. To reset the "Power Save Time" timer I connected the van to shore power, this turn on the "Shore/Generator Power" light and also reset the "Power Save Time". I then unplugged the shore power and reverted back to "Battery" power.
Then 25 hours later the Inverter shut off again. This time I started the generator and allowed it to run for 5minutes. Like plugging into shore power this reset the "Power Save Time".
I understand why there is a timer and the shut down but shouldn't there be an easier way to reset the "Power Save Time" .
Below I have included the Display panel and the features list. The factor defaults are what the current settings are.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pg 50.jpg (165.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Pg 51.jpg (244.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Pg 52.jpg (198.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Pg 53.jpg (225.2 KB, 7 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Freedom X Display Panel.pdf (1.48 MB, 3 views)
RMLetstryrving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 08:06 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Looks like you can enable Power Save Mode and the inverter will automatically come out of power save mode when it senses a load greater than 25W.

Just opening the microwave oven door and having the light come on might do it.

You might find that you end up getting use to turning the inverter either off or on as needed and disabling power save options (if possible). It can be a nuisance when charging a phone for example and the inverter goes into power save and the phone doesn't charge.

There are other options to charge a phone I know. That's just one example I could think of.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 01:59 PM   #3

Default Vendor confirmed the problem

After several emails to Xantrex Tech support, I found out that there was a second control panel on the top of the inverter. This panel was not viewable due to how the inverter was installed. After some work I was able to see the panel.
The power button on the inverter's control panel was in the "on" position which disabled the power button on the remote control panel. Once the inverter's control panel power button was put in the "off" position the remoter panel power button was fully functional.

The picture shows the Inverter's control panel (bottom of picture) and the gray power button in the "off" (raised) position
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201129_150630.jpg (91.8 KB, 9 views)
RMLetstryrving is offline   Reply With Quote