Old 05-21-2020, 12:10 PM   #1

Default Better late than never!

Purchased a 2015 E-Trek 5 years ago and bookmarked this site with the intention of joining, but life got in the way.

Fortunately not in the way of spending time on the road - 60,000 miles now on the E-Trek traveling between Boston, where we had our first granddaughter; San Diego, where we went exploring for the best fish tacos; Denver, where we have two sons living and where we called home for a time; and Phoenix and Cleveland where we call home now depending on the time of year.

Purchased the E-Trek because I liked the all electric strategy. Yes I was disappointed by the real AC run time! Yes, I've had the MB "check engine light" Emissions System meltdown. But still a smile on my face and our grandson loves to see "Pop Pop's Truc Truc" pull into the drive.

JohnnyCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 02:35 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Hey Pop Pop,

Welcome!

Mike

mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 03:39 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Yes, welcome to the forum Johnny!
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 12:24 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCLE View Post
Purchased a 2015 E-Trek 5 years ago and bookmarked this site with the intention of joining, but life got in the way.

Fortunately not in the way of spending time on the road - 60,000 miles now on the E-Trek traveling between Boston, where we had our first granddaughter; San Diego, where we went exploring for the best fish tacos; Denver, where we have two sons living and where we called home for a time; and Phoenix and Cleveland where we call home now depending on the time of year.

Purchased the E-Trek because I liked the all electric strategy. Yes I was disappointed by the real AC run time! Yes, I've had the MB "check engine light" Emissions System meltdown. But still a smile on my face and our grandson loves to see "Pop Pop's Truc Truc" pull into the drive.

Welcome BACK so the ADVENTURES have begun cool. I am wondering about two things with electricity. RANGE and my biggest question are about, once you stop to what POWER UP, CHARGE UP how long will it take. Now I'm wondering your approximant weight or total load your moving? Thanks well sir enjoy the road and the coming adventures of your life.

Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 01:48 AM   #5

So the Sprinter has an all Diesel engine and range on 22 gals is about 400 mi. Usually I go through 2 fill ups a day if I am in a hurry. During that time the engine mounted generator charges up the 8 AGM batteries which are enough to run all of the house electric functions with the exception of extended run on time for the AC or the Oven.

The Diesel / Electric combination was diesel for driving and onboard batteries for house functions with no propane or auxiliary generator. Did not mean to imply a diesel / electric hybrid for driving.