Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2021, 01:01 PM   #1

Default 1999 Pleasure Way - Vent

Hi, All:
Going to look at a 1999 Pleasure Way today. Owner said vent is broken, see pic below. I assume this is in the bathroom? Is this a hard or easy fix? Any help would be most appreciated.

TRAVELBUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 04:15 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Hi and Welcome to the forums

That is likely above the aisle between the head and the galley,

Possible they got into the trees so have a look at the roof and check for other damage such as the tv antenna.

Take a ladder with padding on the rails

The vent is an easily replaceable assembly which is held together by screws through the flange surfaces

I believe ( and may be wrong) the std size is 14 x 14"

This gives opportunity to upgrade to recent improvements which will have a quieter fan, perhaps with a remote control...so maybe $200~$300 to sort out and when you are done you'll have a newly sealed penetration.

Some years ago when I was resealing ( and then washed and waxed) my roof penetrations I did it through the vent hole standing on a small step stool I was able to reach and work on the roof easier than from a ladder on the van.
you can likewise take advantage of the fan hole to work on other stuff.

that repair/replacement is no big deal

Fantastic fan and maxxair are 2 brands I know of- mine is the oem PleasureWay fantastic fan

here's a typical replacement- shows the anatomy of the parts

On my van I've added a maxxair vent cover which allow vent open in light rain...looks like a trash can on the roof and raised my clearance up 6" ( but now our highest spot is an easily replaceable cover rather than my expensive AC unit)

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 07:24 PM   #3
Gold Member

I tried a MaxxAir vent cover on my Fantastic Vent but it was ugly and raised my clearance 4 inches above my TV antenna base. When the FV cover broke for the third time I removed the FV and installed a MaxxFan Deluxe (no remote). Replacement was easy and the MFD only raised my clearance one inch above the TV antenna base. We love the new MFD - much quieter, 10 speeds, moves air in or out, draws less electricity than the FV, and can be left open all the time with no fear of water penetration (unless you're in a hurricane I suppose). Another good upgrade. 2008 Roadtrek 210P. Pics show the evolution.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200902_122520.jpg (211.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 20200903_001740.jpg (219.1 KB, 6 views)
bwatters60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 11:03 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Welcome to the forum TRAVELBUG!

Another vote here for the Maxxfan.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote