Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2023, 04:09 PM   #1

Default 2005 RT 210 or 2004 PW Lexor

There are 2 for us affordable class b in our area. A 2005 RT 210 ($41k) and a 2004 PW Lexor ($37k) The RT has 25k fewer miles. Which one would you take and why.
I also hear and see that prices are coming down and although I had the rig rather today than tomorrow we could wait there is no urgency to buy.
Thanks
Zwillingsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 06:34 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwillingsmama View Post
There are 2 for us affordable class b in our area. A 2005 RT 210 ($41k) and a 2004 PW Lexor ($37k) The RT has 25k fewer miles. Which one would you take and why.
I also hear and see that prices are coming down and although I had the rig rather today than tomorrow we could wait there is no urgency to buy.
Thanks

What are the miles on them as 25K is more difference at certain age points?
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 06:54 PM   #3

The RT has 85k, the PW has 110k
Zwillingsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 07:15 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
The RT has 85k, the PW has 110k

The 210 is bigger than than the Lexor as it is a wide body. They have more room but less cargo capacity and are 16" longer than a 190 or Lexor. The 210 will be a bit harder to maneuver but not a lot.

At those miles not a lot of difference in upcoming issues except for thinks like front wheel bearing, steering parts, brakes, and maybe a transmission in the Lexor as I usually hear of them starting to fail around them and some make it to 200K but it all depends on how they were driven and how they were maintained. The engines in both should be fine except for things like all older vehicles can have fail like alternators, starters, sensors, etc unless the engine has been abused.

Get a Carfax and see where it has been all it's life and particularly look for areas that have had floods. If it is from the north look for rust underneath and if it by the ocean look at the whole van to look for rust repair.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 07:54 PM   #5
Bronze Member

Quote:
Thanks
Personally I would lean toward a company that is still around. As you may know, the original Roadtrek Company has closed its door in 2019, so spare parts related to older Roadtrek (I.e moulding, water tank, (cabinet etc…!) are getting harder to find. Store such as mobiliferv.ca still has some limited inventory but it is getting hard to find such specific part. Don’t get me wrong, I do own a Roadtrek Ranger RT 2014, and love the beast very much, but I am aware that when some specific Roadtrek part ever come to fail, I will have a fun time,to find replacement…!

Just my two cents…!
habsfan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 10:28 PM   #6
Platinum Member

pretty happy with my 06 Lexor MPG is about 15.

it handles well and has space enough for 2 + large dog ( any B you need to plan on using the "great outdoors")

the chev chassis proven and easy to repair- however white body paint is likely to peel on GM's of that age ( a defect)

build quality and layout of systems very good- I have found 1 build "fault" ( fill hose) which i remedied- and it didn't crop up for 14 years. although PW is still going, same owners etc, it is hard to get support- emails often ignored.

they seem to forget that their best salesperson is a current owner, and the way to keep them happy is through support
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 11:43 PM   #7
Platinum Member

I suspect either B would give you a lot of joy and pleasure for your travels. We love our RT 210 with the twin beds. We find corner beds less appealing. The 210 has lots of storage space and you can replace the third seat with an armoire if so desired. I built ours to our personal needs and it works well.

We bought this RT new in August of 2006 and have never found anything we would prefer to have. Most of those years we traveled with our now deceased dog and she was fifty plus pounds. She loved that RT.

That being said, the Pleasure Ways are wonderful and I have always admired them and their build quality. Back when the RT you are looking at was built, RT was still a family owned concern and the quality of those years reflected that fact.
Doneworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 02:50 PM   #8
Platinum Member

I would not worry about miles, it's more about condition. I have a Chevy Lexor TS 08/09 with about 155k and it's in great shape. If I bought it with 130k, for example, some of the work I had done between 130k and 155k would need to be done. It really is comical how most people focus on mileage, especially if they are older. Back in the day when I worked in the neighborhood gas station (Early 70s) we did most repairs. A car with 100k was almost unheard of and today it's not a big deal. A 10 year old car was OLD. Do a search opn the internet, I think the average age is like 12 years old. LOL The chevy chassis that I have and others like Ford, will go 300k. Bottom line, stop taking advice from those that bring mileage into the equation. JMO
ChicagoTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 04:08 PM   #9
Platinum Member

I agree with Chicago Tom. I purchased my 2008C210P in 2014 with 90,000 miles. Here it is 2023 and 187,000 miles on the Odo. I have had no major problems and no breakdowns. Over the years I have had to replace a rear wheel bearing and axle shaft, brakes and rotors, radiator, installed Bilstein shocks and had the rear leaf springs repacked and leaf replaced. Replaced the Dometic fridge early in the game and installed a LiFePO4 battery set up. I stay ahead of the game replacing tires because of th weight of the vehicle. I had a complete repaint job last spring. The rig shows no signs of giving up.
JohnnyFry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 01:35 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFry View Post
I agree with Chicago Tom. I purchased my 2008C210P in 2014 with 90,000 miles. Here it is 2023 and 187,000 miles on the Odo. I have had no major problems and no breakdowns. Over the years I have had to replace a rear wheel bearing and axle shaft, brakes and rotors, radiator, installed Bilstein shocks and had the rear leaf springs repacked and leaf replaced. Replaced the Dometic fridge early in the game and installed a LiFePO4 battery set up. I stay ahead of the game replacing tires because of th weight of the vehicle. I had a complete repaint job last spring. The rig shows no signs of giving up.
Sounds like what I've done so far. I bought it used a few years ago with over 100k. I've only had one engine code, at about 129k, and my guy replaced the plugs and wires. He was amazed, because they were the original set. Just glad I don't have a newer MB. Those things are in the shop more than out.
ChicagoTom is offline   Reply With Quote