Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2023, 05:49 PM   #1

Default 2019 Sprinter Era Flooring Issue

I am the sole owner of the Sprinter. The flooring is vinyl. The flooring has become very "squishy" in some places over the past year. I have taken it to a RV dealer / service place, but they could not check it out since they would have to remove all cabinetry. They did check underneath to make sure there were no leaks, etc. There are no visible leaks on the inside.

Has anyone on this forum had similar problems? Any advice or comments would be helpful.
Susan C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 01:49 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I have a 2018 Era with probably the same vinyl flooring and haven't experienced a soft floor. It sure sounds like a leak. I forgot to open the shower control when I winterized a couple of years ago and it ruined a valve seal causing a leak inside the wall that was not at all obvious. I found it early on because we always use our internal water pump and never connect to city water except to fill the tank. The leak was causing the pump to cycle when the faucets were off which got me looking for a leak and replacing the valve.
Old 10-01-2023, 01:59 AM   #3

Thanks for your reply Dave. A couple of points:

1) I have never used the shower or the sink in the shower. I only use the toilet.

2) I never winterize my RV. I use it throughout the year and when it is not in use, it doesn't freeze where I store it.

3) I also never hook up to city water. I only use the internal water and pump. But I have never had any issues with the pump.

I also think it must be a leak, but nothing is visible and I can't get anyone to really take a look because they tell me that all of the cabinetry would need to be removed and it would be really costly.

I guess I need to see about taking it to Winnebago in Iowa. I don't want to just ignore it. It's probably not under any type of warranty.
Old 10-01-2023, 09:48 AM   #4
Platinum Member

From what you describe it does not sound like a water system leak. BTW the shower and sink controls are full of water whether you use them or not as they are on a common water circuit. This is only important should you ever winterize.

You mention cabinet removal. As I recall the vinyl stops st the cabinets, but maybe niot. The under cabinet subfloor is accessible for inspection by pulling the drawers under the kitchen sink and also by opening thee water pump access panel. The skirt under the sofa/bed (if you have one) comes off with a few screws.
magicbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 05:19 PM   #5
Platinum Member

My water pump in our RT was cycling and one day we found wet carpeting under the bed. Turned out to be a leaking hose compression clamp on the city water connection line. Has to disassemble half the bed to fix. The pump still cycles once in a while, but cannot find any other leaks. Keep a few appropriate size hose clamps, heavy duty stainless steel.. The compression type cannot be effective tightened if they started leaking.
engnrsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 08:15 PM   #6

Somebody with an iron water meter should be able to confirm if any moisture present before you tear into it. ?
rod reid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 08:16 PM   #7

Sorry that should read ir
rod reid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 05:40 PM   #8

Thank you for the info. I will be checking under the pull our drawers and the bed.
Old 10-02-2023, 05:43 PM   #9

Thanks Rod for the suggestion. So, a moisture meter ranges from $50 to $ 800. Many don't work on vinyl sheet flooring. What type of business would have this type of equipment - I guess a building contractor? Or would a reputable RV service place?