Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2023, 04:32 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Once again

No one responded to my earlier question about a quality gravity feed fresh water hose so I'm guessing there probably isn't one. I've AMZ ordered several to see if there are any noted differences in quality and will report back.

It's hard for me to see under the van. My hose comes straight down from the fill port on the side and is connected to a 90º plastic fitting. It then winds its way to the fresh water tank (fill port and tank are on opposite sides of the RV). It goes under the heat shield to get to the tank side and I'm guessing that I'll have to drop that for access vs threading it under.

Also, since I can't see, I don't know if the hose is connected to the side or top of the tank (via another 90º fitting). It seems that I'd have to drop the tank if it's the latter. Maybe not if it's the former.

Has anyone on the list ever replaced this hose? If anyone can give me some guidance it would be greatly appreciated.

thx.glenn
GallenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 11:02 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Don’t know about Pleasureway but the Roadtrek hose is 1 3/8” which is not a common size. 1 1/4” is more common but does not fit as well. The fittings are also available in both sizes.

Will post a link for the hose when I find it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

Check your hose size.

I had to tear out a good portion of the interior to get to that hose.

The problem is it passes through the floor and is permanently fixed there. You cannot pull it out from the bottom. Hope yours is different.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0507.jpg (182.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0509.jpg (212.3 KB, 13 views)
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 04:38 PM   #3
Platinum Member

You are correct! Mine is 1-3/8". Thanks. None of my fill hose is inside camper so I'm afraid it's going to be a tight crawl underneath. Probably should figure out some 2x8 supports to drive onto.
GallenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 06:56 PM   #4
Bronze Member

commercially available ramps are not that expensive and surely you will be needing them again. I have a older roadtrek and part of the problem in changing my fill hose was it was hard to remove the hose from the hose barbs in a restricted space and ended up dropping tank just for that reason. i modified the hose barb a bit on reassembly in hopes of leaving the tank in place nest time: as i recall i sharpened the tip a bit to slip the new hose on, and maybe shortened it as well. and consider the alignment of the hose clamps so they will most easily by accessed for adjustment.
SQUASHMIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 05:34 PM   #5
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GallenH View Post
No one responded to my earlier question about a quality gravity feed fresh water hose so I'm guessing there probably isn't one. I've AMZ ordered several to see if there are any noted differences in quality and will report back.

It's hard for me to see under the van. My hose comes straight down from the fill port on the side and is connected to a 90º plastic fitting. It then winds its way to the fresh water tank (fill port and tank are on opposite sides of the RV). It goes under the heat shield to get to the tank side and I'm guessing that I'll have to drop that for access vs threading it under.

Also, since I can't see, I don't know if the hose is connected to the side or top of the tank (via another 90º fitting). It seems that I'd have to drop the tank if it's the latter. Maybe not if it's the former.

Has anyone on the list ever replaced this hose? If anyone can give me some guidance it would be greatly appreciated.

thx.glenn
I use shower head extension hoses. They are durable and are very flexible. I have never had a problem with one. I use them for all my wter runs, bot hiot and cold. You can buy them in various lengths on Amazon.
ableami is offline   Reply With Quote