Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2023, 08:38 PM   #1

Default Awning

Hello to all of you. I have a 1997 roadtrek, the awning do not close properly in the back. I tryed to push and no result. It wont click like the front do. Is there any ajustements to do or a trick to click it in his place. Thank’s
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0287.jpg (126.6 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0288.jpg (151.3 KB, 18 views)
Templarrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 12:26 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Try to get a manual on line. It will go over many adjustment procedures.

If it is a Fiamme unit, it could potentially be the "pressure" being applied to the folding arm. There is a spring loaded device (I believe they call it a shock absorber) and a nylon bushing. (Check the condition of the nylon bushing to see if it is broken or cracked).

The adjustment procedure is to get both arms with the same amount of force. You may have to adjust one arm to give it more force.
Old 09-01-2023, 01:01 AM   #3
Platinum Member

If it is like the newer ones (ours is 2007) there is a plastic piece on the end of rear of the roller. It looks like it is solid to the roller, but it can be turned to tighten or loosen that end to match the other end. You have to remove the rear cover to get to it.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 06:20 PM   #4

'94 Roadtrek with Fiamma awning
I had the same problem and solved it by adding a strip of Duct Tape (approx 12" long in my case) on the top of the rear edge of the awning. In effect, this makes the rear of the awning thicker / bulkier so it lessens the amount of awning that has to be retracted before it activates the catch. It's been working there for several years. Worked for me but if you have a large discrepancy with the amount of awning that needs to be retracted at the rear, probably won't do the trick. I couldn't see how else to adjust it but yours may have a better system.
versatile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 09:11 PM   #5

We had a similar issue and discovered a small stick or branch had fallen onto the awning and was preventing it from closing properly. The stick was about 1/4 inch in diameter and 3 inches long. Had to unwind as far as the awning could go and then stand on a picnic table to see it.
Steveva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 12:15 AM   #6

I used a piece of Velcro to lock mine in place. After awhile it was no longer needed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0615.jpg (129.4 KB, 3 views)
Picasso_taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 08:57 PM   #7
Bronze Member

Default How to adjust awning

We also had this problem on our 1997 RT P170.

On our awning a red tab protrudes at each end and when properly closed the tab withdraws.

With the awning partially open, you will notice at either end there are two nuts on a rod.
These are usaed to adjust the awning if one ends lowers ahead of the other.

I did a asmall adjustment to one of the nuts on the end that doesn't close.
Solved the problem. Just be patient and do small adjustments(in or or, one nut at a time) and check results.

Only took me a few minutes to finish the job.

Good luck.

Mike Bee
Mike Bee is offline   Reply With Quote