Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2023, 02:50 PM   #1

Default Coachman Nova Expertise Needed

what's the difference between a 2022 Coachmen NOVA 20RB and a 2022 Coachmen NOVA 20RBL? I am having a rough time determining why the RBL is an average of $25k more than the RB
Takeonedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 03:17 PM   #2
Platinum Member

L =Lithuim?
Old 08-22-2023, 03:29 PM   #3

Default Coachman Nova Expertise Needed

That's what I thought originally Michael, but it does not correspond to the specs on each. Interesting to note that Coachman's website doesn't even reference a 20RBL, yet there are are Listings on the internet naming the model for sale as a 20RBL? This is getting confusing??
Takeonedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 03:50 PM   #4
Bud
Platinum Member

I have seen the RBL, but assumed the 'i3 was left off.

Nova RB Li3 which accounts for the $'s.
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 05:56 PM   #5
Platinum Member

I thought that Coachmen was using 'L' to designate 'Lithium', but it seems like the models have 'Li3' or 'Li' in it instead.

I'm seeing more than $25k price differences between non-Lithium RB's, which is expected as dealers have differing strategies to maximize profits. When I bought mine, some dealers were asking 50% more than others for the exact same (new) van.

Also, online ads are terribly inaccurate at times, even for legitimate dealers. They tend to copy/paste descriptions and features, often unintentionally misrepresenting vans. A dealer on RVtrader has an Li3 advertised as having AGM batteries, for example.

If you want lithium, look for the 'Li3' logo up by the front doors. Otherwise - don't pay a $25k premium for a non-lithium van.
Old 08-22-2023, 10:49 PM   #6
Platinum Member

See your question has been answered, but wanted to say I really like the RB floorplan. We went with the same floorplan in the Beyond. PS: If you do end up with one, I have a tip to make the flip down sink work better.
JonMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 08:41 PM   #7

Thumbs up Coachmen Nova Li3

Dealers use the "L" for a Lithium system. Coachmen advertises it as an option with "Li3" added to the layout of the Nova. There are 3 basic floorplans "C" , "D" and "RB". Check out the website for the layouts. Each one has there advantages depending on your needs and travel. The Li3 system is a Lithium Iron Phosphate battery that has 630 Amp/hours of capacity. This along with a second alternator keeps the battery charged when driving. The Lithionics battery is one of the few batteries that is UL listed for safety. I have had my Nova for 2 years and the battery system has been great. Depending on humidity and temperature, I can get about 8 hours running the air conditioner on battery alone. If you are serious about the van, see what kind of negotiating you can do with your dealer. The $25 grand option is MSRP. I never paid anywhere near that.
JoeM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachman nova class b