Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2023, 12:03 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Awning Fiamma removeal 210 RT pop

I’d like to remove my awning to do some caulking to see if it will stop a small leak I’m having my understanding is that there are either screws or rivets that can be reached by opening the awning slightly. Then two or three people can lift it off. I’ll do my caulking and then does anyone have recommendations on resecuring are there The two screws are rivets it doesn’t seem like much to hold it?

I’m doing this exercise because I have a small leak that sometimes appears in the light just to the aft of the wardrobe or at the very bottom of the wardrobe, strangely neither side of the wardrobe panel gets wet it just comes outThe bottom trim?

Any help of course appreciated, thanks

Michael
mangomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 02:03 AM   #2
Platinum Member

I recently did this on my 02 190 Chevy. Mine had 2 rivets at each of the three brackets. I took a chisel and removed the rivet heads and then my son and I lifted the awning off of the brackets.

After I got all my gutter sealing completed - which did stop my leaking issue - we placed the awning back on the brackets by lining up the holes on the awning with the protruding body of the rivets. That will make sense when you see it. Once it was all lined up I put screws in the holes where the rivet heads were removed. Worked fine, the awning is fastened securely.

Hope this helps. Any other questions let me know.