Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2022, 06:36 AM   #1

Default Dropped whole 8oz empty bottle in Black tank

So I am new to having a toilet. I live in a "bunkhouse" which is basically a barebones long shell with a few rooms cut out. I live in the 5th wheel, and I have the only toilet in the entire house.

I had just had my toilet dumped (this camper has only one black tank, and then has a drain for Grey water that is shared by my shower and the other side).

I was adding some 8oz Aqua Max bottles, and the bottle slipped out of my hand, after being empty with no cap, and fell right into the toilet. The tank for my black water is only 40 gallons. And the pipe does have a few elbows, which I highly doubt this hard plastic bottle will make it through.

I am new to all of this, and I am just looking to find out what I can possibly do to have this not completely clog my toilet black water drain.

If there is no hope, I am wondering what would need to be done if I get to the point where this hard plastic bottle completely clogs my toilet.

Thanks in advance, sorry for the ridiculous newbie question.
U4ik0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 01:43 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I'd try slowly filling the tank with water

in the hopes that the plastic bottle would float up to where you can grab it

if you only have the one toilet to the black tank, maybe you could add water via the vent.

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 02:27 PM   #3
Platinum Member

As a veteran of such a dunderheaded move, in my case a toilet bolt, I can tell you it needs to come out.

Most likely a hose down the toilet with all valves open will flush it out. In my case I removed the piping from the tank, put the coach on a slope, and tapped the tank with a hammer moving the bolt to the exit. I did use a borescope to find it but it really wasn’t necessary.
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 03:19 PM   #4
Platinum Member

that's a good tip

yes, the toilet is easily removed and that will give much better access

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 07:06 PM   #5

My first option would also be to fill up the black tank with water and then see the if you could just see it through the toilet hole and pick it up. Use a litter pick up stick with a grab thingy on the end, or make sure someone is holding open the flush valve without the water pump on so that you can get it with your hand. It is definitely worth a worth a try!!
TMac is offline   Reply With Quote