Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2023, 12:16 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Fresh water tank fill issues

I need help with two issues regarding the freshwater tank system in my 1997 PleasureWay.

FIRST: My gravity fill hose has (again) split and leaks significant water when filling the tank. This happened before a year after I got the van in 2016. I had the hose replaced by a RV service center with the OEM hose. About a year ago it developed a split and started leaking. I had a length of hose left from the RV center replacement and spliced it in only to find that it’s split in another location. The original and OEM replacement hoses are white with green ribs and white sleeves every few feet. So my question: Is there some other type of fill hose which is more substantial? It has to wind around from the fill port to the tank on the other side of the van. So much so that the RV center had to drop a heat shield to get it in place.

SECOND: The drain valve on my tank is (again!) dripping. I replaced it once before with a plastic valve that seemed somewhat poorly made at the time but held up until now. Is there a better replacement (brass?). It screws into the body of the tank.

Thanks for any advice or recommendations you can give.

Glenn
GallenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 04:12 PM   #2
Bronze Member

The green and white fill hose should last longer than 6 years but that may depend on several factors including who and how it was installed and their abilities to do the job right. Replace it again. Or perhaps use vinyl tubing instead. As long as it’s drinking water compatible.

As for the drain spigot, stay with plastic and carry a spare or just get a pvc drain plug and remove it when you want to drain the tank. They’re something like 50¢. Get a few for emergencies or to have on hand to help someone else in need. Brass is obviously harder than plastic so you don’t want the valve directly on the tank to break or crack your tank and cost many hundreds to fix or replace. $5 valve or $500 or more to repair or replace the tank.
Brooklet, GA
bl_smith25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 10:59 PM   #3
Bronze Member

I use stainless steel show.er hoses. They come in various lengths and are very durable. We have never had to replace one
ableami is offline   Reply With Quote