Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2020, 04:17 PM   #1

Question Heater not working on RoadTrek 190

Hello,
We are new to this. We haven't needed to use our heater since buying our 2002 Road Trek 190. Now that we want to venture out this winter, we are finding that it isn't heating. Our question is: Is there a switch we don't know about or something that would make the heater not heat other than an obvious broken heater? (We thought the water heater was broken until informed that there was a switch above the sink we needed to press to get the water heater going) We find that the owners' manual is no use for the heater, water heater, or refrigerator use questions.
pianozanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 04:39 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianozanne View Post
Hello,
We are new to this. We haven't needed to use our heater since buying our 2002 Road Trek 190. Now that we want to venture out this winter, we are finding that it isn't heating. Our question is: Is there a switch we don't know about or something that would make the heater not heat other than an obvious broken heater? (We thought the water heater was broken until informed that there was a switch above the sink we needed to press to get the water heater going) We find that the owners' manual is no use for the heater, water heater, or refrigerator use questions.
Depending on the year, the switch could be in different places. Mine is behind the second entry door high on the wall. Turn on your battery. Hope your kept it charged up!
And check out the "Roadtrek Chevy Owners" on Facebook! And if you have a Dodge Roadtrek, check out "Good Old Roadtrek" on Facebook.
wny-pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 04:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wny-pat View Post
Depending on the year, the switch could be in different places. Mine is behind the second entry door high on the wall. Turn on your battery. Hope your kept it charged up!
And check out the "Roadtrek Chevy Owners" on Facebook! And if you have a Dodge Roadtrek, check out "Good Old Roadtrek" on Facebook.
Thank you.
Old 12-20-2020, 05:27 PM   #4

is the battery box on? is the propane on ?
warm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 05:33 PM   #5

Default Roadtrek 190 heater issues

The propane is on. The battery is switched on, unless you mean something besides the normal Boondocking switches we use. We have only had warm weather so far so have never used the heater since we bought it a few months ago. It doesn’t make a noise when we turn the thermostat up. Appointment on Jan 22 is further away than we want but will wait to travel until we have a heater.
Old 12-20-2020, 05:39 PM   #6

did you check the fuse in the fuse box?
Old 12-20-2020, 05:52 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by warm View Post
did you check the fuse in the fuse box?
Did not! Wow. Hope that’s it. Stay tuned!
Old 12-20-2020, 07:05 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianozanne View Post
Hello,
I have a 1999 RT 190, but I don't know if your thermostat is like mine or not. There is a little switch on the top of my thermostat that I need to turn on to have the furnace run. I just need to push it to the right, and it makes an audible click. It's separate from the one for adjusting the temperature. Do you have a switch like that?
Pam G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 11:18 PM   #9

did you get it to work?
Old 12-20-2020, 11:31 PM   #10

Have you checked thermostat batteries?

While you are there try jumping across terminals.
Mark0819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 06:13 PM   #11

If the thermostat in your 2002 is the same as my 2000, there is a switch on the bottom, that must be moved -- and it will probably be somewhat stiff. The thermostat itself acts like a simple on-off switch. You can pull the plastic cover towards you to reveal its innards, and you should see that there are only two wires, connected to a couple of screw terminals. If you have a voltmeter, you can check to see if the terminals measure 12 vdc. If you temporarily connect those two (with a bent paper clip etc), you should hear the furnace blower start up. If the blower motor runs but still no heat, then there's another problem.
Old 12-25-2020, 12:57 AM   #12

Could it be that you've forgotten the H/W heater bypass water valves?
Goldspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 03:36 PM   #13

Oops....read this incorrectly... I always refer to the heat source as "furnace".
Goldspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 04:24 PM   #14
Bronze Member

My heater was not lighting/working, I removed the system which was not to tough. The pipe that provides the gas was clogged with metal shavings. I used a paper clip to clear the clog, blew out any additional dust. Installed, set the thermostat , in the back by bed. Works perfectly.
Hammernine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater