Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2018, 12:34 AM   #61
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
I went to RV Trader, and I suspect that the 2016 doesn't really exist as those are all photos from the LTV website.
I optimistically assumed that a business that posted a listing on the RV Trader website actually had the vehicle to sell. My mistake.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 02:25 AM   #62
Platinum Member

Quote:
Did they buy the dark gray used model at Lake Region? There was also a silver one that was... on consignment and over priced at the same time as mine.

I went to RV Trader, and I suspect that the 2016 doesn't really exist as those are all photos from the LTV website. Both 2015 units look very well taken care of... but my 2011 rig was literally the last that was under 10 feet and they switched to the new body form after it. (the door moved too)
The dark gray model. This was taken at Carver Regional Park last summer.

2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 03:21 AM   #63
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
The dark gray model. This was taken at Carver Regional Park last summer.

That is an effing handsome rig!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Technomadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 05:04 AM   #64
Platinum Member

That is a newer model than mine - can tell by the paint job. Mine was re-sold as a 2010 (even though ND registered it as a 2011).

Mine was a solid dark gray (way darker than this one) with only two minimalist stripes - one white and one black.

It was a great rig... and I'm sure that your friends love theirs.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 01:28 PM   #65
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising7388 View Post
I optimistically assumed that a business that posted a listing on the RV Trader website actually had the vehicle to sell. My mistake.

Called Dealership this morning. Unit has been sold
angelmroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:53 PM   #66
Platinum Member

ya... OK... but they got you to call... LOL

Still unclear as they why all the photos were from the LTV website... I tend to be suspicious...
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:55 PM   #67
BBQ
Platinum Member

Yup... bait and switch.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:23 PM   #68
Platinum Member

Quote:
ya... OK... but they got you to call... LOL

Still unclear as they why all the photos were from the LTV website... I tend to be suspicious...
I am seeing that on a lot of different vehicle ads lately, especially on Craigslist. I think they do it to make the unit look nicer than it really is.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 10:37 PM   #69
Platinum Member

After some of you pitched me on the CrossFit, I took another look at the coachman galleria. Really like it. Seems to be the quality of a PW with the tech of a roadtrek.

Wish I could find some hard data on Sprinter vs ProMaster reliability.

Old 02-22-2018, 01:50 PM   #70
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technomadness View Post

Wish I could find some hard data on Sprinter vs ProMaster reliability.
You won't find anything you can trust--too much bias. And yes, that even applies to me.

I love my PM. My son just bought a new 2017 Sprinter--his second--which he loves. We each see things we like about the other. For example, Sprinter's cabin is more aesthetically pleasing, but PM's has more modern creature comforts.

I'm a regular on both PM and Sprinter forums. More history with the Sprinter, and thus more problem issues discussed, but there are many thousands of Sprinters not being discussed. Particularly for a new vehicle, the PM has been relatively pain free. No question, though, that repair/maintenance for the PM is cheaper.

I think the biggest issue is the difficulty diesels are having with emissions regs. PM stopped making diesels and I wouldn't touch any of the ones out there. Sprinter is coming out with a gasser next year. If I were buying a Sprinter, I'd either buy new and meticulously follow the use/maintenance suggestions, or I'd go over the history of a used one with a fine tooth comb.
MsNomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 02:08 PM   #71
Platinum Member

Of course, the other obvious thing with going to the Galleria, which is certainly well done, it the extra 4' of length and dual rear wheels, compared to a Promaster. 4' longer is a lot and may or may not be an issue for people. Personally, we wouldn't want to go that much over the Chevy Roadtrek that we have, but the is personal opinion. I would not be thrilled with a duallie, either.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 12:29 AM   #72
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
Of course, the other obvious thing with going to the Galleria, which is certainly well done, it the extra 4' of length and dual rear wheels, compared to a Promaster. 4' longer is a lot and may or may not be an issue for people. Personally, we wouldn't want to go that much over the Chevy Roadtrek that we have, but the is personal opinion. I would not be thrilled with a duallie, either.

The upside of the galleria is 4WD, the downside is length.

Personally, I like the wider body of the promaster as it allows a shorter length. In theory anyway. Certainly the side bath on the Pleasure Way Lexor TS is noticeably wider than the side bath in the Plateau TS — about as close to an apples to apples comparison as you can get and I experienced them both within minutes of each other.

Old 02-25-2018, 09:31 PM   #73
Platinum Member

Anyone have info on a class B that is properly insulated?

I know Leisure Vans with their custom body are pretty well insulated... but how about a b-Van?

I was surprised to discover the TRAVATO has no insulation. Looking at others like the galleria, era, etc they don’t seem to insulate the interior walls like the DIY people do.

Old 02-25-2018, 11:18 PM   #74
Silver Member

Avion talks a lot about their advanced Azdel insulation and 4-seasons construction, FYI.
mtmdatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 11:33 PM   #75
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmdatlanta View Post
Avion talks a lot about their advanced Azdel insulation and 4-seasons construction, FYI.
Avion should provide better "insulation" from their rabidly overpriced solar option.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 12:31 AM   #76
Platinum Member

All Advanced RVs since inception have as much insulation as you can practically add. There was a major difference in my Great West Van Sprinter and my Advanced RV in both insulation comfort and sound deadening. Night and day if for instance you might want to boondock in a Walmart parking lot.
Old 02-26-2018, 02:35 AM   #77
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technomadness View Post
Anyone have info on a class B that is properly insulated?

I know Leisure Vans with their custom body are pretty well insulated... but how about a b-Van?

I was surprised to discover the TRAVATO has no insulation. Looking at others like the galleria, era, etc they don’t seem to insulate the interior walls like the DIY people do.

I insulated our DIY van back in 2013 with Thinsulate. Great product for both sound blocking and heat insulation. In 2013 I knew another fellow using Thinsulate for the B-van conversion but I based my decision on the acceptance of the Thinsulate in the boating world. Since, Thinsulate is a primary material for DIY world.

Different material insulation materials are used from hydrophobic like the Thinsulate to hydrophilic like cotton or wool. Advanced RV used Denim which can result with either odor or chassis corrosion, I think they switched to Thinsulate at some point.

I am shocked that some vans have no insulation, but, I would prefer no insulation than dealing with consequence of bad insulation material like Denim or wool.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 03:51 AM   #78
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
Advanced RV used Denim which can result with either odor or chassis corrosion, I think they switched to Thinsulate at some point.

I am shocked that some vans have no insulation, but, I would prefer no insulation than dealing with consequence of bad insulation material like Denim or wool.
They also used to install a interior vapor barrier. Insulation was not one of their core competencies in the early days.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 04:34 PM   #79
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
Different material insulation materials are used from hydrophobic like the Thinsulate to hydrophilic like cotton or wool. Advanced RV used Denim which can result with either odor or chassis corrosion, I think they switched to Thinsulate at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
They also used to install a interior vapor barrier. Insulation was not one of their core competencies in the early days.
I guess your snarky comments are petty jealousy are you just don't know what you just don't know. Yes, I have the blue denim in my van and I had it inspected just a year ago and discovered no damage or moisture as you fear. I know how it performs and I suspect better than your vans. A van is not stationery like a house. It has to go through every climate situation in conditioned and unconditioned states. Your suppositions on vapor barriers are incomplete. Vapor travels from hot to cold and in some climates any vapor barrier is bad but you have to 100% metal van skin anyway. Yes, Advanced RV does now use a Thinsulate insulation. They have for over 3 years. They have always used a Hushmat barrier against the metal first and it does have a thin foil backing that is a 100% vapor barrier. So it is metal (van skin) 100% vapor barrier, about a 1/8" impervious layer of bitumin like substance and foil again with no condensation. Then 2" of insulation installed in every crevice. They don't use an interior vapor barrier as they use Tyvek, a breathable air barrier with 100% coverage. So much for your knowledge. You don't have that and I guess no other company has that. Keep up.

BTW, these photos are not finished installations but opportunistic underway to see how it is done.

Old 02-26-2018, 05:23 PM   #80
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
I guess your snarky comments are petty jealousy are you just don't know what you just don't know. Yes, I have the blue denim in my van and I had it inspected just a year ago and discovered no damage or moisture as you fear. I know how it performs and I suspect better than your vans. A van is not stationery like a house. It has to go through every climate situation in conditioned and unconditioned states. Your suppositions on vapor barriers are incomplete. Vapor travels from hot to cold and in some climates any vapor barrier is bad but you have to 100% metal van skin anyway. Yes, Advanced RV does now use a Thinsulate insulation. They have for over 3 years. They have always used a Hushmat barrier against the metal first and it does have a thin foil backing that is a 100% vapor barrier. So it is metal (van skin) 100% vapor barrier, about a 1/8" impervious layer of bitumin like substance and foil again with no condensation. Then 2" of insulation installed in every crevice. They don't use an interior vapor barrier as they use Tyvek, a breathable air barrier with 100% coverage. So much for your knowledge. You don't have that and I guess no other company has that. Keep up.

BTW, these photos are not finished installations but opportunistic underway to see how it is done.

…. snarky …… petty jealousy…………. Oh Dave, here we go again.

Your defensiveness for ARV seems extremely high, are you a part of their business? If I would be their marketing manager, I would say, OK Dave, thank you, but please……

From ARV as of today:

“INSULATION
Our audio system design is set up for balanced audio throughout the vehicle; everywhere inside the coach is the “sweet spot.” This audio excellence is achieved from the ground up, starting with insulation. Before anything else happens in an Advance RV chassis, it is insulated for sound and comfort using Hushmat (high-end material with viscoelastic formulation to dampen and absorb vibration from road, engine and other noise) on floors, ceiling, and behind door panels. Hushmat material reduces firewall/ floor heat by more than 40 percent, and interior noise by more than 50 percent. After the Hushmat, we install cotton-based insulation for additional thermal protection, followed by a vapor barrier. Some clients have even opted to install Thinsulate insulation for added sound absorption. Our extra attention to insulation adds quietness and comfort. It also conserves energy used for heating and cooling. Note that we can also provide window tints and ceramic films, window covers, and thermal windows to reduce radiated heat in hotter climates and conducted heat in the colder climates.”
https://advanced-rv.com/ideation/
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote