Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2022, 05:57 PM   #41
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
Update. ... I feel we need to go on with our lives.
Yup ... cause we're here for a good time, not a long time ... lol

We also have four shots. We will be driving and meeting family and friends this summer and will quick test after each separate group visit to reduce the chance of unknowingly pass it on.
Sensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 10:09 PM   #42
Platinum Member

We traveled over 4,000 miles from May 3 to May 24. From S. Texas to the Michigan Upper Peninsula, and back.

Everything open, only about 1% of people masked, in crowds, museums, and on tour buses. We even visited my three cousins (two in Michigan and one in Ohio) I hadn't seen in over 20 years. Also visited my only living Aunt (88 yrs. old) in Mississippi with hugs and all.

We didn't know if we were being foolish by making the trip, but made it home unscathed. It was strange and very liberating to be "back to normal".
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 10:40 PM   #43
Site Team

We find it very easy to travel safely with proper precautions. Unless we are camping, we are careful to stay in motels with electronic keys, which eliminates all human interaction. We also try to get rooms on the first floor, to avoid elevators. We order takeout from good restaurants and eat in the room. And of course, we always wear masks in indoor situations, such as rest stops. We have travelled many thousands of miles safely that way. We have a granddaughter too young to be vaccinated, so we try to be extra careful.

OTOH, we recently attended a medium-sized family gathering in a major city, staying in a downtown hotel. This situation was much more challenging, despite the fact that everyone attending was vaccinated. We did everything reasonable that we could, but, sure enough, a few days after returning DW got a bad sore throat and tested positive. We are both maximally vaccinated, so it did not develop into anything dangerous. No fun, though. I had a few mild symptoms, but never tested positive.

So, please don't think that things are "back to normal."
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 11:28 PM   #44
Platinum Member

A million people have died, including trim and young, old and fat, etc.

Fact not conjecture.

Back on topic, we did not travel until vaccinated and were OK and didn't get Covid. After first booster DW flew to Mesa to help out here brother with his sick wife, and got Covid with minor symptoms.

It is nearly a certain thing that everyone is going to get Covid, I am waiting my time I am afraid as it will be impossible to avoid. All I and everyone else can hope for is that a future variant is not highly transmissible and 100% fatal.

Let's all hope we remain lucky so we can continue to travel.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 06:47 PM   #45
Platinum Member

When we arrived at Glacier NP on 5/25, everything was easy breezy, but the NPS recently re-implemented mask requirements in all federal buildings and have restricted access to visitor centers because of a resurgence of Covid in the park due to the volumes of people, including us, coming here and bringing their germs in from all over the country.

The Omicron BA.2 variant is so contagious that it's spreading regardless of vax status. As usual, the unvaxxed are suffering far more serious symptoms then the vaxxed who sometimes barely notice they have it, but even the vaxxed can't be complacent with this latest variant.
Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
covid, reservations, travel