Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2023, 05:57 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default initial fresh water testing the sys

my new RV 05 plearesure lexor Chevy 3500 has never had water in the fresh water tank so I’m just testing the sys. For possible leaks or pump failure.(I do hear pump humming when I turn it on) I believe the pump is under sink haven't confirmed this yet.
for initial toilet flush since waste tank is empty (haven't tryed to drain the black tank I don't smell anything so I assume it's empty my next thread will be about draining sewage)) pour one gallon water an maybe a little Lysol directly in toilet?
1. fill fresh water tank,besides the idiot lights at control panel I will know when it's full when water comes out the vent next to the fill port.PW neglected to publish tank capistys or I missed it in manuel.
for initial plumbing leak testing (not testing 100% of each tank just testing inputing water specifically the white input tube next to pump. priority is testing leakage , toilet an pump.
2. turn on pump to pressurize sys.
3. press toilet lever to fill bowl
4. do the deed
5. only throw RV TP in bowl
6. flush
7. for #2 fill bowl again flush then repeat twice.total of 4 flushs.
Only plan to use galleys sink and toilet
8.is it possible to block off water entering the hot water heater? But would still expect the outside shower to get cold water.
Van will probably stayed parked for this trip. I assume the pump only be turned on prior to using either sink or toilet then get in the habit of turning it off. I’m used to turning bilge pumps on and off on my ocean cruising vessel.
Thanks for advice on fresh water plumbing
Old 05-17-2023, 11:09 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Initial water sys testing:
Added approximatey 5 gallons to fresh water hold tank. Yet to inspect underneath van.
Yet to guage water level at control panel.
Good news is
Was able to locate pump (directly behind diver seat)
Turned on pump at control panel.
Dispensed water from galley sink (yet to test bathroom sink)
Was able to add water to the throne an flush (added more water) currently testing the seal that holds water In thrones bowl.

I’m not sure if the pump is supposed to be this loud? Maybe its made loud to remind me to turn it off?

Bad news is
Water feed line under galley sink is split. That’s why the low preasure.
Shame that fake wood was used under galley sink. Will replace w/ marine plywood.can sink feed lines be household type? It’s tight under this sink any tips is appreciated.

Hopefully the bathroom sink doesn’t leak.

I believe the water is being allowed into hot water heater the two valves aren’t perpentdicular to tubes.
What is the red buttom next to hot water heater? Thanks for plumbing advice

Attached Images
File Type: jpg sink water feed split tube.jpg (156.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg hot water heater red button.jpg (252.5 KB, 8 views)
Old 05-18-2023, 11:25 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Especially with the limited size of the black tank your procedure for doing a #2 is way excessive. Just add "some" water to the bowl, do the deed, then flush it down, holding the pedal for about 2 seconds.

This would be for a somewhat non eventful event. Customize as required for eventful events.

As far as TP pretty much anything that is "septic tank safe' will work, though a testing I saw showed Charmin as not being a good choice. We generally use Scott, if available.
Just for fun:'15 Kawasaki Versys650LT
Perfection is a fantasy, though improvement is possible(Wifey).
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 12:49 PM   #4
Platinum Member

I do not own a "B", but it looks like your feed water to your sink line was frozen and split the copper pipe. You should be able to replace with standard copper pipe or use nylon feed lines. I would remove as much plumbing under the sink for repair and the partition wall. In the toilet use a seal lube to recondition the seal or it will not hold water. Remove all the faucet aerators and remove any particles of sand, etc. (just like at home). Your bypass valves on your hot water tank will let water bypass the heater but still flow cold water. The little button, I think, is the reset button for the hot water heater heating element. If you are new to RVing, look up on YouTube about camping set up. In your freshwater tank, add some bleach to sanitize it, fill all the lines and let set for about an hour, then flush all the lines until you do not smell chlorine. In your black tank, use a treatment that stays in the tank to reduce odors until you empty.
mloganusda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 05:00 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
Especially with the limited size of the black tank your procedure for doing a #2 is way excessive. Just add "some" water to the bowl, do the deed, then flush it down, holding the pedal for about 2 seconds.

This would be for a somewhat non eventful event. Customize as required for eventful events.

As far as TP pretty much anything that is "septic tank safe' will work, though a testing I saw showed Charmin as not being a good choice. We generally use Scott, if available.
thanks SteveJ for tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by mloganusda View Post
I do not own a "B", but it looks like your feed water to your sink line was frozen and split the copper pipe. You should be able to replace with standard copper pipe or use nylon feed lines.are these nylon feed lines the flexable type that screw in I see at Lowes? I would remove as much plumbing under the sink for repair and the partition wall.
yes I'm in the process of removing the partition can't find my canadian screw driver will purchase another i

In the toilet use a seal lube to recondition the seal or it will not hold water.
how'd you know the seal wouldn't hold I filled bowl yesterday now bowl is empty are these seals replaceable

Remove all the faucet aerators and remove any particles of sand, etc. (just like at home).
are the faucet aerators the screens that screw into the outputs of the faucets? if yes what do you use to remove them pliers?

Your bypass valves on your hot water tank will let water bypass the heater but still flow cold water.
yes there's a red & blue horizontal tubes inputing into water heated I'll turn both perpendicular to tube an leave the vertical valve inbetween inline w/ tube. the lower blue tube is real close to the styrowfoam.

The little button, I think, is the reset button for the hot water heater heating element. If you are new to RVing, look up on YouTube about camping set up. In your freshwater tank, add some bleach to sanitize it, fill all the lines and let set for about an hour, then flush all the lines until you do not smell chlorine. In your black tank, use a treatment that stays in the tank to reduce odors until you empty.
yes new to RVing, other replys above in bold.

can this split tube be soldered in place? if yes I have a solder iron. or if repairing will it require a brazing?
can a valve be closed to block water to the galley sink so the tiolet can be used?

I believe this split tube is built into the faucet? If yes I’d like the replacement faucet to include a sparyer for stickie waste on toilet bowl, yet to try toilet but forsee the furture.preferred brand name is Koler.first time I tryed on the throne
I bumped the back of my head just like the way I bump front and back of head on the roof AC
thanks mloganusda for advice
Attached Images
File Type: jpg galley fauchet.jpg (202.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg tubes built into fauchet.jpg (63.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 3 valve water heater.jpg (208.4 KB, 8 views)
Old 05-18-2023, 11:43 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBRAIN View Post

I believe this split tube is built into the faucet? If yes I’d like the replacement faucet to include a sparyer for stickie waste on toilet bowl,

It does look like a down pipe attached to the faucet, new faucet would be my preferred remedy.

As far as stickies in the toilet or TP stuck to the interior, we use an old fashion restaurant mustard squeeze bottle. Nice flow, low water usage.
Just for fun:'15 Kawasaki Versys650LT
Perfection is a fantasy, though improvement is possible(Wifey).
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 12:58 PM   #7
Platinum Member

picked up another Robertson screwdriver bit I may not dissassemble the under sink.

I'm leaning toward gluing the split line w/ west sys. G-flex epoxy.

either way I fix the sink leak glue or replace. when sinks lines are fixed if there are no other leaks then sink will have decent pressure?

if there are other leaks relieving over all pressure sink will still be weak flow? thanks
Old 06-05-2023, 07:58 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Doe’s my water sys. Need purging?
05 pleasureway lexor RD Chevy 3500
Three weeks ago I started testing my water sys. Only part a few gallons in fresh water tank.Pumps filter was clean, pumps was pumping water to galleys sink an to toilet (that’s all I tested then.

The water feed line to sink was spilt so I glued it.

Today I’ve added more fresh water not 100% full the control panel says ¾ fresh water.

Now no water to sink or toilet. Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 06-05-2023, 09:58 PM   #9
Platinum Member

I was hoping the pump had a 3rd inlet but it doesn't I think this 3rd inlet is for winterizing.

I have water coming in pump none coming out.
I'm thinking the check ball valve is jammed up so I'll remove top of pump an clean the valve.

since I didn't filter the water into fresh water tank maybe some filth jammed up the valve?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jammed check valve.jpg (132.8 KB, 5 views)
Old 06-06-2023, 03:08 AM   #10
Platinum Member

oem is 40psi 2GPM

plan-b pump is 45psi 3GPM even if plan-A is sucsessfull may order the seaflo as spare
https://www.amazon.com/Seaflo-12v-Wa...a-569034147966
Attached Images
File Type: jpg oem pump2.jpg (82.8 KB, 1 views)
Old 06-07-2023, 02:30 AM   #11
Platinum Member

pumps check ball valves spring was rusted I may have broke it while pressing down on it to free up the jammed up valve. ordered seaflow.
Old 06-20-2023, 04:04 PM   #12
Platinum Member

replaced pump w/ the seaflo this pump is half as noisy builds pressure quickly. seams like the water sys. is holding pressure.
like I turn on for 30 seconds to build presure to flush toilet, next morning the bathroom sink still has pressure. I recommend this pump co. they honor there 4 year warrenty.

two observations
1.water drips out of the fresh water tank right at the drain plug. I bought the el cheapo plastic plug from Lowes. I believe it cross threaded in.
hope to remedy the drip w/ tephlon tape.
would realy like a petcock type drain pls suggest.

2.after a flush observed a drip on opposite side next to battery tray. haven't inspected under this area.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Galley faucet pex water feed line size?
05 pleasureway lexor RD chevy express 3500

I need new water feed lines,since there built into the OEM faucet I want to replace the whole faucet.

The RV has pex plastic water lines I believe the female fitting is ½” NPT. So I assume the male faucet line is also ½”.

BC I used 1/2" plugs at the galleys faucet an just just used bathroom sink.

The faucet I choosen has 9/16” female coupler. The coupler adapters I so far sean are same size on both ends.
So apparently I can’t use this faucet? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...k_ql_qh_dp_hza

I’ve browsed a few faucets there is a lose in translation when it comes to specing the faucets water lines like what is .8” ?99% of these faucets omitt the water line fitting size.

concidering keeping hot water plugged an just have a cold water faucet.
thanks for advicing water sys. stuff.
Old 06-22-2023, 02:38 PM   #13
Gold Member

I notice that even at Home Depot, the faucets usually don't spec the size of the fittings on the box. I've been known to just start opening boxes to check.

At least Amazon has free returns, so if you're near a UPS store, you can just buy the faucet to find out what kind of fitting it has.

I had to laugh at the name of the faucet you linked.

Like, hey buddy! Nice faucet! Is it a Moen?
No... It's a Woen!
The Eyesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 10:43 PM   #14
Platinum Member

installed my new chinese fauchet a couple weeks ago she looks good but guess what it doesn't work no water.
it actuelly felt like a quaility made fauchet. remember I replaced my pump before the new galley fauchet it seams fine preasizing the bathroom sink and toilet, also the outside shower all except the new galley fauchet.

could there be air in the line ?like can I cover the spicket then turn pump on?

when I initaially turned this fauchet on a little bit of water came out in a weak fashion like half preasure.

I'm very dissapointed in this none working galley fauchet.

I had to use 1/2" male inside the pex water feed line, an reduced the fauchet end down to 3/8" male for fauchet end this.https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09X46SW6T...roduct_details

these diemensions are the same size as the orginal piping so I can't say the 3/8" end is chokeing off the supply.
not sure what to do. I'll try to look inside fittings for a clog.

at least I have the bathroom sink an toilet.
thanks for any advice
Old 09-13-2023, 12:47 AM   #15
Platinum Member

this morning I was gonna remove an inspect the 1/2"x 3/8" adaptors.
so I turned on the bathroom fauchet in order to bleed off the water preasure.
I turned on the new galley fauchet to my surprise it worked.

so it must have been air in the water line an the constant preasure forced the air out, weird it took over a week.
anyway I'm very pleased to have a galley fauchet.

my only concern is the lenght of the fauchets water feed lines are longer than I'd like. I had to loop these feed lines which may trap water an freeze during winter.

edit: I wasn't planning on winterizing was just gonna completely drain all water.

not seeing a option to edit the title as resolved