Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2019, 10:54 PM   #101
Bronze Member

With assets frozen, service dealers may not be eager to perform warranty work unless and until this is resolved. Not getting paid or parts is a problem.
bobcat66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 11:48 PM   #102
Platinum Member

Default I read it on the internet, it must be true.

" falling back on the age old internet argument of using "inadequate proof""

Ah yes, the age old argument. I read it on the internet, it must be true.
RossWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 11:56 PM   #103
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossWilliams View Post
" falling back on the age old internet argument of using "inadequate proof""

Ah yes, the age old argument. I read it on the internet, it must be true.

But, and it is a big but, nobody has been saying the information was true, in fact most have been quite careful to say IF it is true in most cases. The responses have been much more stated as certainty to the NOT TRUE side IMO. Of course, you will disagree with that because you read it here, "on the internet" so it can't be true in your opinion, and you get to be the judge .
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 11:59 PM   #104
Platinum Member

BS - you have repeatedly treated the information as true. But you have an ax to grind, so grind away.
RossWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 12:03 AM   #105
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossWilliams View Post
BS - you have repeatedly treated the information as true. But you have an ax to grind, so grind away.

Ok, fine, but the good is that I don't have to agree with that assessment because you haven't proved it to my satisfaction, I read it on the internet, and you are stating opinion as fact Have a pleasant evening.
Old 01-21-2019, 12:15 AM   #106
Silver Member

I think this is the most recent news. There are charges of embezzlement. Report: Erwin Hymer In Tatters Amidst C-Suite Embezzlement | RV Miles
stevegoldfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 12:40 AM   #107
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegoldfield View Post
I think this is the most recent news. There are charges of embezzlement. Report: Erwin Hymer In Tatters Amidst C-Suite Embezzlement | RV Miles
Seems to be a rehash of the other two reports...
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 12:44 AM   #108
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post

Yep, same information with a more attention getting title.
Old 01-21-2019, 01:01 AM   #109
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
Well, on the new website report they now name the employee who was their source (no longer anonymous). Now it's a matter of verifying he is indeed a Roadtrek employee and was in a position to know of what he claims.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 01:12 AM   #110
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
Well, on the new website report they now name the employee who was their source (no longer anonymous). Now it's a matter of verifying he is indeed a Roadtrek employee and was in a position to know of what he claims.
He was identified in the first report of the layoffs...

https://www.kitchenertoday.com/local-news/erwin-hymer-employees-afraid-for-their-jobs-1201034
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 01:31 AM   #111
Platinum Member

Default Thor Statement of Erwin Hymer Group

I asked a friend of mine who specializes in mergers and acquisitions to review the statement of intent of Thor to buy the EHG and came upon an amazing discovery. Those Thor attorneys don't miss any possible contingency. /s

Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking information related to Thor Industries, Inc., and the acquisition of the Erwin Hymer Group (EHG), that is based on current expectations and involves substantial risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results, performance, events, or transactions to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements. Forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements about Thor’s plans, objectives, expectations and intentions; the anticipated timing of the closing of the acquisition; the potential benefits of the proposed acquisition, and the anticipated operating synergies; the satisfaction of the conditions to closing the acquisition (including obtaining necessary regulatory approvals) in the anticipated timeframe or at all; the integration of the business, the impact of exchange rate fluctuations and unknown or understated liabilities related to the acquisition and Erwin Hymer Group’s business.

Other business risks include raw material and commodity price fluctuations; raw material, commodity or chassis supply restrictions; the level of warranty claims incurred; legislative, regulatory and tax law and/or policy developments including their potential impact on our dealers and their retail customers or on our suppliers; the costs of compliance with governmental regulation, legal and compliance issues including those that may arise in conjunction with recent transactions; lower consumer confidence and the level of discretionary consumer spending; interest rate fluctuations; the potential impact of interest rate fluctuations on the general economy and specifically on our dealers and consumers; restrictive lending practices; management changes; the success of new and existing products and services; consumer preferences; the ability to efficiently utilize production facilities; the pace of acquisitions and the successful closing, integration and financial impact thereof; the potential loss of existing customers of acquisitions; our ability to retain key management personnel of acquired companies; a shortage of necessary personnel for production; the loss or reduction of sales to key dealers; disruption of the delivery of units to dealers; asset impairment charges; cost structure changes; competition; the impact of potential losses under repurchase agreements; the potential impact of the strength of the U.S. dollar on international demand; Jim Hammill redirecting monies to bank accounts tied to family members, some of which were on the payroll, general economic, market and political conditions; and changes to investment and capital allocation strategies or other facets of our strategic plan. In addition, actual results, performance, events and transactions, are subject to other risks and uncertainties that relate more broadly to Thor’s overall business, including those more fully described in Thor’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) (including, but not limited to, the factors discussed in Item 1A. Risk Factors of Thor’s most recent annual report on Form 10-K and quarterly reports on Form 10-Q). In light of these risks, uncertainties, and other factors, you are cautioned not to place undue reliance on the forward-looking information. Thor, except as required by law, undertakes no obligation to update or revise the forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new developments or otherwise.
ClassB4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 01:37 AM   #112
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padderic View Post
I just bought a used 2016 RT 210, I don't know anything about this. How can I tell if I have that inverter/charger?

The best way is to read the labels. One of them is Hymer's and the other is Microgreen's. All known hymer/Microgreen inverters violate UL-458 and are unsafe.
ContinuousImprovement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 01:40 AM   #113
Platinum Member

So from that would it be indicated that Hymer knew Hammill was sending money to family accounts?
Old 01-21-2019, 01:49 AM   #114
Platinum Member

Maybe I should have made the sarcasm indicator (/s) more prominent in the first paragraph.

On a serious note, I read the parent company indicated they had no awareness of these and other transactions made by the CEO of EHG NA so it appears some distancing is already occurring.

With assets frozen, it is difficult for me to see how the EHG acquisition can finalize at this point unless there is a way to decouple EHG NA from the EHG purchase until things are reconciled.
Old 01-21-2019, 01:59 AM   #115
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassB4Me View Post
Maybe I should have made the sarcasm indicator (/s) more prominent in the first paragraph.

On a serious note, I read the parent company indicated they had no awareness of these and other transactions made by the CEO of EHG NA so it appears some distancing is already occurring.

With assets frozen, it is difficult for me to see how the EHG acquisition can finalize at this point unless there is a way to decouple EHG NA from the EHG purchase until things are reconciled.

Totally missed that myself. You know how it with us old non emoticon literate folks. good job!
Old 01-21-2019, 02:08 AM   #116
Platinum Member

Default fake news?

[QUOTE=ClassB4Me;86498]I asked a friend of mine who specializes in mergers and acquisitions to review the statement of intent of Thor to buy the EHG and came upon an amazing discovery. Those Thor attorneys don't miss any possible contingency. /s

Forward-Looking Statements
the potential impact of the strength of the U.S. dollar on international demand; Jim Hammill redirecting monies to bank accounts tied to family members, some of which were on the payroll, general

I'm a thor stockholder and i don't find this Jim Hammill reference in my records. Please provide a link to the actual data. Given the vacuum of facts and the loss of jobs I suggest its too soon to joke.
Old 01-21-2019, 02:14 AM   #117
Platinum Member

Default Beware of this link

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegoldfield View Post
My web check software warns this is a dangerous link. I didn't go there.
Old 01-21-2019, 02:28 AM   #118
Platinum Member

@ContinuousImprovement
As mentioned earlier, I was being sarcastic, having served as a principle in a M&A deal. You always try to cover every possible contingency in crafting forward-looking statements.

I inserted the bolded line into the actual document to reflect one can never cover every possible risk when attempting a major merger.

As a Thor stockholder what is your sense the acquisition can proceed under these conditions?
Old 01-21-2019, 03:25 AM   #119
Platinum Member

Default Thor should buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassB4Me View Post
@ContinuousImprovement
As mentioned earlier, I was being sarcastic, having served as a principle in a M&A deal. You always try to cover every possible contingency in crafting forward-looking statements.

I inserted the bolded line into the actual document to reflect one can never cover every possible risk when attempting a major merger.

As a Thor stockholder what is your sense the acquisition can proceed under these conditions?
I own a Hymer Aktiv. Its a great RV both in its European components and floor plan. RoadTrek installed those components unsafely and then added Roadtrek's unsafe inverter. The fault lays in Jim Hammill's hands; he knew. Erwin Hymer Group is also at fault since starting Feb 2018 I personally warned EHG's CEO of the safety lapses and the resulting fraud. Apparently EHG did nothing to correct nor did they protect my family from Jim Hammill and EHGNA litigation lawyers. Jim should go to jail. Thor should get a bargain basement price for EHG. I have faith that Thor is our best hope to restore safety and trust.
Old 01-21-2019, 08:18 AM   #120

Thor is dropping EHG North America from the deal - which could be an absolute disaster for the Roadtrek brand and a whole lot of employees.

Thor Drops North America Operations from Erwin Hymer Deal — Future of Roadtrek Unclear | RV Miles
RVJE is offline   Reply With Quote