Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2019, 07:45 PM   #161
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossWilliams View Post
Booster -

I have no doubt that you and your knowledge are valuable. But your anger at Jim Hamill completely clouds your judgment. Whatever happens, it just confirms your judgment about him based on a long history that has nothing to do with the current situation other than that Jim Hamill is involved. I have never met Jim Hamil and never had any dealings with him. He is important to current Roadtrek ownders only to the extent he has some future role in Roadtrek that impacts us as current an/or future proud owners of one of a Roadtrek.

Ross, if you can tell us honestly that you don't judge people based on their past behavior, you are likely the only one in the world that does that. I do judge Hammill, and Roadtrek under him, based on past behavior, and I would certainly do that again. Past performance definitely predicts future performance to a very large amount IMO. If somebody shot at you and then showed up again, would you run or assume all was good? If a used car guy sold you car that was misrepresented, would you go back and buy another? If somebody repeated called you biased and unethical and with a grudge, on this forum, would you expect it to happen again? I would, and it has, repeatedly, Ross.

Playing holier than thou doesn't cut it when you live in the real world and what say doesn't happen.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 07:49 PM   #162
Platinum Member

Mr. Williams....you sound like a defender of Jim and the gang! Everyone commenting has their own particular reasons for the input they make - you sound more like a public defender. Ron
Old 01-23-2019, 07:54 PM   #163
Platinum Member

"based on your desired outcome do you think it could be biased"

No, I KNOW I have a bias and have been clear about it. I have an interest in Roadtrek's future success because I own a Roadtrek. Then there are people who are repeating any unsubstantiated toxic claim about the company they can find and speculating on its demise. Their goals are not openly stated.
RossWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 07:59 PM   #164
Platinum Member

Quote:
"based on your desired outcome do you think it could be biased"

No, I KNOW I have a bias and have been clear about it. I have an interest in Roadtrek's future success because I own a Roadtrek. Then there are people who are repeating any unsubstantiated toxic claim about the company they can find and speculating on its demise. Their goals are not openly stated.

So it is Ok for you to have a bias and promote it, but not anyone else? So only you get to determine if someone has adequately stated their bias. It seems to me you admission of bias just happened after many days of attacks.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:01 PM   #165
Platinum Member

Only an idiot doesn't know your bias Booster. You wear it like a badge.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:12 PM   #166
Platinum Member

Quote:
Only an idiot doesn't know your bias Booster. You wear it like a badge.

Certainly I have a bias, as does most everyone one way or the other, but you are constantly attacking and saying other person's biases are not justified, but yours is. How does that work?

My bias, if you will, is based on years, (yes years) of seeing how Hammill conducts business, and your bias is based on fear of losing money on your van. You tell me which has the most accurate information to judge Hammill's, and Roadtrek under him, performance?

And to be clear, I read "axe to grind", "carrying a grudge" to be totally different than having a bias, which is just a leaning one way or the other, just like you have.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:12 PM   #167
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron J. Moore View Post
Mr. Williams....you sound like a defender of Jim and the gang! Everyone commenting has their own particular reasons for the input they make - you sound more like a public defender. Ron
Sure. That's what happens when you have a bunch of people trying to bring people to their pre-determined verdict based on rumors and factual mistatements. You sound like a public defender when you ask people to withhold judgment until they have some reliable facts to base it on.

The information about this is way too scant to come to any conclusion. That will eventually change but getting people to reconsider a judgment already made is all but impossible. Its the verdict first problem.

Hymer has a lot more information than any of us. Yet they still haven't come to a final verdict on Hammil. Instead they "suspended him. They may be 99% sure they are going to fire him, but they have still reserved judgment. What makes the experts here so more certain than the people who actually have information and responsibility for exercising their judgement.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:52 PM   #168
Platinum Member

Oh you guys!

Makes for interesting reading in any event, and clearly it is a fact that the outcome is more important to some than others - i.e. employees and RT owners.

I don't know enough about things to have strong views either way.

Of course I have read some of the posts here and elsewhere claiming dangerous defects that have been apparently downplayed or denied and that is a concern.

I have read posts from people that appear to have had very negative experiences with RT vehicles and personally with JH. That is concerning.

But a seemingly contradictory aspect that I have also seen displayed - albeit on another forum likely partial to RT - is that quite a few RT owners speaking very highly of JH and their experience with him, highlighting his dedication and concern to help them and sort out any issues they have, as well as having a willingness to participate and offfer help in certain forums. Not many CEO's seem to do that

Makes it difficult to see things in perspective.

I wound up buying a PW recently , rather than a RT, but with the various factors I considered over quite a protracted decision time over several months, it was still a difficult and close decision and almost became a coin toss for me.

Best wishes at this time to all who have more skin in the game - I still have a gut feeling it will work out, even if some bad apples are confirmed!

Brian.
<<B-Guy>> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 09:00 PM   #169
Platinum Member

Yes, Ross appears to be a fanboy and is spreading his kool-aid sipping views over on Facebook too.

FWIW, I've had multiple face-to-face meetings with Jim Hammill. I've also been privvy to incidents of people scorned and cheated by him, as well as witnessed his tirades over the years on the Roadtrekking group. Karma has definately dropped by to pay him a visit!

Do I have some kind of axe to grind? No. But I know a scoundrel when I've seen, talked to and dealt with one. Have you?
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 09:04 PM   #170
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
I noticed about a month ago Mike Wendland started adding this to the disclaimers on his YouTube videos.

"We are the official On the Road Ambassadors for the Roadtrek brand and our motorhome is provided for our unlimited use by the Erwin Hymer Group of North America in exchange for the visibility and promotion we provide for the RV Lifestyle."

Best I can tell - it started with this video dated Dec 11, 2018...

Looks like Mike will soon have to buy his own RV for traveling. Coachmen could use a brand ambassador - he should hit them up before he gets beat to the punch.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 09:49 PM   #171
Platinum Member

Quote:
Sure. That's what happens when you have a bunch of people trying to bring people to their pre-determined verdict based on rumors and factual mistatements. You sound like a public defender when you ask people to withhold judgment until they have some reliable facts to base it on.

The information about this is way too scant to come to any conclusion. That will eventually change but getting people to reconsider a judgment already made is all but impossible. Its the verdict first problem.

You're a pretty busy fella and cover every possible angle. Maybe Mike Wendland will hire you as a cub reporter for his RV site once the dust settles.

Ross Williams on January 23, 2019 at 12:08 pm
Mike –

Has anyone at Roadtrek actually told you anything about your likely future relationship with the company? Or are you up in the air waiting to see what happens like the rest of us?

It seems to me people are looking to you for certainty when you really don’t have any yourself. Its fine to say your relationship with Roadtrek is that they are one of your sponsors, but they have clearly been a very big one. I would think you have a big stake in their future plans just like those of us who are employees, dealers or owners do.
ClassB4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 10:36 PM   #172
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
Looks like Mike will soon have to buy his own RV for traveling. Coachmen could use a brand ambassador - he should hit them up before he gets beat to the punch.
Not a reflection on any youtubers out there, but I figured Roadtreking, FitRV, The Russos, etc. got maybe some gas money from their sponsors, or the latest technology updates free. I'll have to chalk it up to my naivety.

Getting a free $150K rv to use free is a really big deal they should fully reveal adn not be referring to "our" rv unless they actually bought it.

rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 10:49 PM   #173
Gold Member

The best thing customers can do is shut up? Good advice....take it.
Glamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 10:50 PM   #174
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
Not a reflection on any youtubers out there, but I figured Roadtreking, FitRV, The Russos, etc. got maybe some gas money from their sponsors, or the latest technology updates free. I'll have to chalk it up to my naivety.

Getting a free $150K rv to use free is a really big deal they should fully reveal adn not be referring to "our" rv unless they actually bought it.

I do understand what you are saying, and agree, but I have watched Mike's videos for maybe a year, and while he did ot have a regular disclaimer, he never kept this a secret and mentioned it fairly often - I can't say when I knew the situation, but it was quite soon after I started watching his videos.

Obviously to protect his interest he had to be careful what he said about RT, but in his defence, even before I bought a "B," I never recall him disparaging other makes, and he welcomed all B owners of any brand and often commented favourably on other brands in his videos.

I have no idea what perks the other sponsored folks have been getting. Mike was pretty open about it.

No doubt he must be wondering now how things will go from here.

I do believe they owned Roadtreks and enjoyed the lifestyle before becoming sponsored and unless I was being fooled, (!) expect that would contiue one way or another!

Brian.
<<B-Guy>> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 11:37 PM   #175
Platinum Member

Angry Welcome to our Home(s) 2012 - 2018 Six New Roadtreks

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-guy (Was Wingeezer!) View Post
I do understand what you are saying, and agree, but I have watched Mike's videos for maybe a year, and while he did not have a regular disclaimer, he never kept this a secret and mentioned it fairly often - I can't say when I knew the situation, but it was quite soon after I started watching his videos.
One could get quite dizzy tracking the number of new Roadtreks they have 'OWNED'. They are never in them long enough to provide a reliable assessment on quality and livability

2018 [12/06] Complete Tour of Our New Ultimate Class B RV | 2018 Roadtrek CS Adventurous XL
We've traded in the prototype RV we've been using and testing for the past two and a half years and just picked up a brand new, 2017 Roadtrek CS Adventurous XLComplete Tour of Our New Ultimate Class B RV | 2018 Roadtrek CS Adventurous XL
We're super excited to show you "MAJOR" and why we love our new home on wheels.

2017 Live Reveal of our New 2017 Roadtrek CS Adventurous XL
2016 [03/09] Welcome to our Home: A Tour of our Class B Motorhome
Welcome to our Home: A Tour of our Class B Motorhome
2014 [12/21] Our New Roadtrek CS Adventurous XL | How We Roll in Our RV taking delivery
2013 How we Roll in our RV - RS E-trek: Healthy Eating While Boondocking
2012-2013 RS Adventurous

How We Roll In Our RV
ClassB4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 12:09 AM   #176
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassB4Me View Post
One could get quite dizzy tracking the number of new Roadtreks they have 'OWNED'. They are never in them long enough to provide a reliable assessment on quality and livability

2018 [12/06] Complete Tour of Our New Ultimate Class B RV | 2018 Roadtrek CS Adventurous XL
We've traded in the prototype RV we've been using and testing for the past two and a half years and just picked up a brand new, 2017 Roadtrek CS Adventurous XLComplete Tour of Our New Ultimate Class B RV | 2018 Roadtrek CS Adventurous XL
We're super excited to show you "MAJOR" and why we love our new home on wheels.

2017 Live Reveal of our New 2017 Roadtrek CS Adventurous XL
2016 [03/09] Welcome to our Home: A Tour of our Class B Motorhome
Welcome to our Home: A Tour of our Class B Motorhome
2014 [12/21] Our New Roadtrek CS Adventurous XL | How We Roll in Our RV taking delivery
2013 How we Roll in our RV - RS E-trek: Healthy Eating While Boondocking
2012-2013 RS Adventurous

How We Roll In Our RV

I think the 2012 RS is the first and only one they actually bought
Old 01-24-2019, 12:22 AM   #177
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
I think the 2012 RS is the first and only one they actually bought
The first one they bought was a used T1N Roadtrek RS, don’t remember what model year it was. Didn’t have it long before they got the new 2012 RS and started the relationship with Roadtrek. There used to be a youtube video of the first one but I don’t think it is there anymore.
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 12:30 AM   #178
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
The first one they bought was a used T1N Roadtrek RS, don’t remember what model year it was. Didn’t have it long before they got the new 2012 RS and started the relationship with Roadtrek. There used to be a youtube video of the first one but I don’t think it is there anymore.

I was going from what he said in the "about/Mikes story" area. He said

Quote:
It started when my wife Jennifer and I bought a Roadtrek Class B motor home in early 2012

They must have turned that one over pretty quickly. I do remember him saying at one time that his wife wouldn't drive the first one as it was too unstable with single wheels.
Old 01-24-2019, 12:31 AM   #179
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
Here it is...

gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 12:33 AM   #180
Platinum Member

"Ross appears to be a fanboy and is spreading his kool-aid sipping views over on Facebook too."

Except, apparently from the recent news it appears they cooked the sales figures just as I have suggested. The wildest rumors were just that. Which has little to do with any of the crap being put out by the folks whose only interest in this whole thing is as another opportunity to trash Hammil. And anyone who interferes in their reverie by suggesting people wait to get the actual facts ... FANBOY!