Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-16-2023, 08:13 PM   #1
30A

Default leveling system

I have a 2021 Airstream 24 GL and would like to add a hydrolic leveling system to my RV ...can this feature be added ?
30A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 10:08 AM   #2
Platinum Member

It looks like you can and other than leveling Jacks they show stablizer bars. As I understand this unlike a leveling jack is a BAR, when turned on comes down to the ground to keep the van from moving while walking around inside. Both can be found at the following website. "etrailer" and then paste the " .COM/ " enter your van information as the website shows Mercedes-Benz.

I would be worried I might try and drive off with them still in the down postion. Good Luck and hope this was what you were asking and searching for. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Drive safe and let the adventures outdoors be all that can for y'all.

========
Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 11:57 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Decades ago I was budd's with some amazingly knowledgeable people. With their input I added a pneumatic leveling system to an RV. Why pneumatic, I had air and bags at the ready and at the time hydraulic systems were the #1 service call on RV's.

Armed with a bit of knowledge I was looking over my 02 Roadtrek to add a leveling system, waaaay too much time and effort for me.

Look at this if money is not an object, likely cost as much as I paid for my RT!

jjrbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 05:12 PM   #4
Gold Member

E&P auto leveling is an option. Advanced RV was doing them years ago but I don't know whether they are still doing that sort of work. Worth a call. Here are some that claim E&P or something similar that I found in a quick search:

https://eqsystems.us/product/eq-smar...is-2019-newer/
https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Smart...p/8757upsa.htm
https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Bigfo...tic-p/qa-s.htm
Old 12-21-2023, 05:55 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Extra weight, extra complication and cost. carrying $30 and 5 pounds of levelling blocks will keep the 8000 pounds of your van on the suspension and wheels designed and engineered to carry that weight
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 11:35 PM   #6
Platinum Member

There is something satisfying about pushing a couple buttons and leveling the rig, especially if it is a DIY system. Much depends on if you travel to one spot and set up for a week or a month or if always traveling and in a different place every day or so.
jjrbus is offline   Reply With Quote