Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2023, 11:30 PM   #1
Silver Member

Default Looking for an under 19 ft van recommendation

Hello Folks,

In 2020 we bought a Ram Solis P pop top and we loved it. However about 6 months ago we sold it. We now regret it. We flushed out even on the van and we thought we would be going in a different direction. Fast forward and now were looking again.......however there are some things we realize we didn't like or need in the Solis. The Murphy bed was too high (we needed a step stool to get off and on) and we never used the pop top. We need a bed, a wet bath, refrig, stove and sink. So anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
pacificstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 12:15 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Buy a PM and build your own. Then you will have exactly what you want.

Build Site: msnomersvan.wordpress.com
Travel Site: woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com
MsNomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 03:01 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Thor Rize/Scope 18M. If you don't need a permanent bed. 😉
Urlauber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 07:35 PM   #4

Winnebago has a new small (18 foot) Solis Pocket model, 36B, which has a wet bath, full kitchen, AC and optional lithium. It also has a modular low convertible bed configuration, which also functions as a dinette and sofa.

The fit RV people reviewed it this week on you YouTube:

Brains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 08:22 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brains View Post
Winnebago has a new small (18 foot) Solis Pocket model, 36B, which has a wet bath, full kitchen, AC and optional lithium. It also has a modular low convertible bed configuration, which also functions as a dinette and sofa.
That's a pretty cool sofa/bed/dinette conversion/transformer thing. I wish our Thor would do that, especially the extension towards the door. Ours just acts as sofa or bed.
Old 08-17-2023, 08:59 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Tough to get the bathroom in the night from that bed, though, especially for the person by the window.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 06:11 PM   #7
Lou
Platinum Member

re:

Thor Rize/Scope 18M Wow! I have never seen that layout in North America before. I especially love the fridge opening towards the front. I wonder if you can sit on stairs to pack it (like some European vans). The things you never think of until you have knees or hips that don't bend as well as they used to do!
Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 11:03 PM   #8
Bronze Member

Default Agile or Ascent?

We love our 2015 Roadtrek Agile. The Pleasure Way Ascent is similar, but with the kitchen on the other side. The Ascent floor plan might be preferable.
OregonTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 03:47 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Thor Rize/Scope 18M Wow! I have never seen that layout in North America before. I especially love the fridge opening towards the front. I wonder if you can sit on stairs to pack it (like some European vans). The things you never think of until you have knees or hips that don't bend as well as they used to do!
In my first RV, back in 2004... a Great West Van on a Ford E-350... had exactly that floor plan. The biggest positive being that it was done by a manufacturer with a high quality build, rather that Thor's poor quality control. Mine was on a slightly longer van so I had a decent sized fridge/freezer that was raised off the floor with the furnace under it. (no need to get on one's knees for that itty bitty fridge)

This was quite a common floor plan back in the day... called the Side Sofa. The EGHNA Carado Axion also sold that exact same floor plan for a few years before Hymer/Thor assassinated Roadtrek in 2019. It was built on the 17' Promaster too.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 02:50 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacificstar View Post
Hello Folks,

In 2020 we bought a Ram Solis P pop top and we loved it. However about 6 months ago we sold it. We now regret it. We flushed out even on the van and we thought we would be going in a different direction. Fast forward and now were looking again.......however there are some things we realize we didn't like or need in the Solis. The Murphy bed was too high (we needed a step stool to get off and on) and we never used the pop top. We need a bed, a wet bath, refrig, stove and sink. So anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
I personally like the new Winnebago Pocket 36B, it has every thing I need plus a three point seat belt seats for two if you like to bring friends or family along for a day trip, the video above is really good and goes in great detail of all the features, especially the sofa's many configurations. Although they are priced a bit too high at MSRP of 149K, I seen one it in Thousand Oaks at 120K.
A close second would be the Thor Scope 18M, I seen a couple of 2022 models in Southern California going for about 67K to 79K with only 7K miles in mint conditions.
JuancaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 04:43 PM   #11
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsNomer View Post
Buy a PM and build your own. Then you will have exactly what you want.
I wish I would have bought a Promaster 2500 and had a pop top installed like the one on my vanagon westy. Still thinking about it even though I like my old Roadtrek 190 Versatile. Promasters were impossible to get during Covid. Now I see quite a few used ones out there that look pretty good. There is something that I like better about the smaller vans.