Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2021, 03:54 AM   #1
Gold Member

Default My New Old RV

Thanks to all on the forum for teaching me the ins and outs of RVs. I finally found a nice one within my budget that wasn't sold before i can see it: 2000 Pleasure-Way Excel TD. It even came with 20 years of service records and all the manuals.
HWDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 04:14 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Very nice! There were two of those on Craigslist in the Southwest. Looks like you snagged a very clean unit. Congratulations, and best wishes in your travels!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 05:07 AM   #3
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Very nice! There were two of those on Craigslist in the Southwest. Looks like you snagged a very clean unit. Congratulations, and best wishes in your travels!
Thanks, the irony is you helped me expand my choices to aisle showers and the non-necessity of a generator; its just happenstance that this one came up with private bath and a generator.

I bought it off a lot at Lake Havasu
Old 03-14-2021, 11:22 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWDean View Post
Thanks to all on the forum for teaching me the ins and outs of RVs. I finally found a nice one within my budget that wasn't sold before i can see it: 2000 Pleasure-Way Excel TD. It even came with 20 years of service records and all the manuals.
Nice looking van!
Rlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 02:34 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Nice catch!
Tiffin Allegro
Foretravel U225
wny-pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 04:25 PM   #6
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWDean View Post
Congratulations, of the older models ,this is one of the most desirable one, the Pleasure-Way Excel wide bodyis well built and retains it's value
Blueboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 08:37 PM   #7
Bronze Member

Enjoy your new ride!
TheMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 03:54 PM   #8
JML
Bronze Member

Very Cool! I have a 2013 PW Excel. You will appreciate the build quality and room with the extra width. I have accomplished a few mods/additions over the past three years of ownership - Front Hitch for carrying bikes, Laguna Table, 100 AH Lithium battery (that fits in the battery slide out) with new charge controller and solar panel, and the latest thing I have done this month is to replace the Dometic with a Isotherm Freeline 115 compressor fridge. I did not do any of these changes in the first year of ownership. I recommend you take the rig out on trips and see what, if any changes you want or need to make. Enjoy!
JML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 11:16 PM   #9
Bronze Member

I have the same year and model. I have the wood cabinets rather than white.

I love all of the storage especially the pantry. Also, I was able to create more storage in the bathroom by putting plastic bins from the Container Store along the outside wall behind the metal rails.

I didn't like the drawers under the beds because they were awkward to pull out. I took the front off of the drawers and put hinges on the bottom of the drawer front and latches on the top so they pull down. Then I put plastic bins in the space where the drawer boxes were. Way better!!!

I see that the night stand is missing between the beds. No big deal.

Be sure to join the Pleasure Way West Club. A great resource as well as this site if you have PW questions.

Enjoy!

Nancy
2000 PW Excel TD
ballbraindogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 12:34 AM   #10
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballbraindogs View Post
I have the same year and model. I have the wood cabinets rather than white.

I didn't like the drawers under the beds because they were awkward to pull out. I took the front off of the drawers and put hinges on the bottom of the drawer front and latches on the top so they pull down. Then I put plastic bins in the space where the drawer boxes were. Way better!!!
Nice idea

Quote:
I see that the night stand is missing between the beds. No big deal.
Yes...I would like to have the nightstand. I'm shopping for stackable drawers to put there. Here is what it look like now. Want to sell yours?

I guess you are pwnancy haha

Thanks,
Dean
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2021-03-25_17-23-10.jpg (221.2 KB, 6 views)
Old 03-26-2021, 12:39 AM   #11
Bronze Member

No, sorry. I really like the night stand. You might be able to find something at Ikea.
ballbraindogs is offline   Reply With Quote