Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2021, 05:26 PM   #1

Default NewB

Just got a Ford 1989 F250 with a Falcon 190 frame can't find any paper work on it Ford just laughed at me when I ask them. The Van is pretty self explanatory other than electrical and can't figure out how and where the propane connects to stove and hot water tank? Can anyone help and thanks in advance.
Hamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 07:14 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Hamer, are you saying you have an Intervec Falcon Class B motorhome on a Ford chassis? I am not clear. You reference a Falcon frame.
Doneworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 02:30 PM   #3

Not sure about the Intervec. I'm sorry was not sure how to explain I tried to send pic but could not figure out 1989 will keep trying to send pic.
Old 03-25-2021, 02:33 PM   #4

Default 89 Falcon 190

https://imgur.com/a/shCaFc4
Old 03-25-2021, 04:02 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Hamer, yep that is an Intervec Falcon on a Ford chassis. They were a really well made Class B. We had the Falcon's little sister which was called an Horizon.

If you search this forum and also google "Intervec" or maybe "Falcon" you will get some information and there are a few owners on this forum.

Searching for Falcon will also probably pop up a lot of other rvs as well, unfortunately. Intervec was a small company in Indiana that really built some neat Class Bs.
Doneworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 05:05 PM   #6

Done Working (PAUL) Thanks for the come back. Yes I would like a copy of the brochure. I also have a 2017 26' Forest River the Ford I just got is for my daughter who is just started camping. I thought it would be a good start for her. The van is in pretty good shape low mileage and looks to have been taken care of. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm a little over my head with the electrical as some wires are disconnected under the hood and not sure how to figure out what is what. It seams to be hard to send pics on this forum unless I'm missing something. What is a good site to find parts? The electric window are not working the electric locks on the same switch is working maybe electrical. Oh one last thing did you see the picture I sent yesterday and if so is it a "Intervec"
Old 03-26-2021, 05:43 PM   #7
Platinum Member

separate out any "Ford" problems and look them up on a Ford Van forum- if there are 1000 Fords of your vintage on the RV forums, there are a million on the Ford Forums and mechanical or chassis issues will be commonly solved there- like power windows

"wires under the hood" probably RV stuff-

many RV's have the alternator output to a "battery isolator" which connects to the chassis battery under the hood----AND to the battery(ies) for the RV part- the RV batteries are isolated when the motor is not running to keep from running down the chassis battery while camped

I have trouble with pics too, they seem to go better as a cut and paste than an attachment. you'll probably need to struggle through this to illustrate concerns/issues

as above, plenty of the Intervecs around and a well respected brand

if you have a dometic fridge or an Onan genny, the manuals are available online

cheers, Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote